WTF, Americans have never heard of suasage rolls!

cancel2 2022

Canceled
'Is it a rolled sausage?' Americans are introduced to sausage rolls and immediately lose their minds

• The New York Times recently ran a recipe for the humble sausage roll
  • They claimed it was a traditional British dish served on Boxing Day
  • Americans were confused by the recipe, unsure of what it was
  • Australians and British fans of the dish were shocked at the confusion
  • Many debated how it should be served and on what occasion
The sausage roll is a part of many Australian childhoods and remains a snack of choice for thousands across the country. The delicious meaty dish, often accompanied by mini meat pies, is a common sight at parties, child birthdays and catered events - and almost always served with a side of tomato sauce. But when American's recently found themselves introduced to the pastry wrapped treat, they were somewhat confused by the concept.

2E41FD2D00000578-3309693-image-m-8_1447030859818.jpg

America, meet the sausage roll: The New York Times recently ran a recipe for the sausage roll

2E41FD3400000578-3309693-image-m-28_1447031328553.jpg

Sympathy: 'I feel sorry for Americans: living this whole time not knowing the deliciousness of a sausage roll,' one woman wrote on Twitter

2E41F67B00000578-3309693-image-m-10_1447030888494.jpg

Sparking debate: American, British and Australian Twitter users took to social media to debate the dish and share their shock at those who didn't know it existed

Last edited:
Well, they have tasteless sausage in NYC like in Britannia... So, tasteless sausage filled sausage rolls should be a standard!

BTW - New York is not America... It's one state filled with people who think they have "all the best" and who ignore everybody else. You shouldn't be surprised that they don't know what a sausage roll is. If it isn't tasteless cheese pizza and/or thin-sauced Italian food with no flavor they wouldn't eat it anyway.

Well, they have tasteless sausage in NYC like in Britannia... So, tasteless sausage filled sausage rolls should be a standard!

BTW - New York is not America... It's one state filled with people who think they have "all the best" and who ignore everybody else. You shouldn't be surprised that they don't know what a sausage roll is. If it isn't tasteless cheese pizza and/or thin-sauced Italian food with no flavor they wouldn't eat it anyway.

Have you ever tasted one?

I haven't tried lutefusk but I have lutefisk and agree with this man.

Sorry Tom
Real lutefisk is as white as the driven snow
Never gray or yellow.
Also never served in a styro box only on the best china
Finaly, no lutefisk served outside the Norsk bordor is real
and therefore not a true representation.
In fact, now that Papa Rune is dead there may not be good Lutefisk available anywhere.

There are plenty of immigrants from the area that can make a lutefisk. All of it is gelatinous grossness that will never touch my mouth again. You can serve grossness on china but it doesn't make it taste any better.

Back