WTF, Americans have never heard of suasage rolls!

If I had the choice between lutefisk and that stinky French cheese with the worms in it I'd hands down would take the stinky French cheese. I can't see how people can eat lutefisk. I understand cultural bias and acquired taste but it would take one hell of a lot of acquiring and starvation circumstances to ever get me to try that shit again.

Indeed. I resemble this remark.

Oh Tom...sausage roll/pigs in a blanket, it's just a name for the same thing. Seasoned pork parts wrapped in some kind of dough. I'm sure any good quality pastry dough wrapped around any good quality sausage and baked or fried and seasoned just right is going to be pretty darned tasty!

Just as canned biscuit dough and hot dogs are pretty plain tasting.

Actually it would be a good idea for a kitchen throw down. See who could make the best pigs in a blanket/sausage roll. My wife's lumpias would be pretty competitive. :)

This would be true if there existed any sausage in that nation of theirs that was worth eating. We make this all the time. And yeah, Americans call it pig in a blanket even if it is made with good sausage.

This would be true if there existed any sausage in that nation of theirs that was worth eating. We make this all the time. And yeah, Americans call it pig in a blanket even if it is made with good sausage.
I've had authentic bangers and mash and that we pretty darned good sausage albeit a bit over priced for being imported.

Proving my point that not just any expatriot can make lutefisk properly.
Would you let any person fillet your sushi pufferfish just because he had once lived in Japan?
Lutefisk is in a similar class as it is prepared with lye.

Proving my point that not just any expatriot can make lutefisk properly.
Would you let any person fillet your sushi pufferfish just because he had once lived in Japan?
Lutefisk is in a similar class as it is prepared with lye.
Sorry quoted the wrong post.

imply?......I am saying it explicitely.......anyone who thinks it was does not know how to make pigs in a blanket......those are hotdogs in bread......

In the West, especially in the United States and Canada, the bite-sized variety of pig in a blanket is a common hors d'oeuvre served at cocktail parties and is often accompanied by a mustard or aioli dipping sauce.

Pigs in a blanket are usually different from sausage rolls, which are a larger, more filling item served for breakfast and lunch in parts of Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and, more rarely, the United States and Canada.

Pigs in a blanket

ty1g0.jpg

Type hotdogs wrapped in bread

Main ingredients hotdog

Variations
wrapped in bacon, filled with cheese, pancake wrap

:chesh:

like I said......you have no clue how to make them......

Sure I do.
You cut the hot dog in to three sections.
Then you take the biscuit dough and press it down, until it's big enough to go around the hot dog section.
Now roll the biscuit dough around the hot dog section.
Bake until the dough is a golden brown, remove from the oven, and allow to cool.

:chesh:

I've had authentic bangers and mash and that we pretty darned good sausage albeit a bit over priced for being imported.

I went all over that nation for a month, over that period I had maybe two sausages that were decent. The problem the Brits have is that they think that because there is occasional edible food in a restaurant somewhere they have crossed that barrier of soggy sandwich and tasteless sausage...

Every single bed and breakfast had that blood pudding crap every morning too, except one.

Back