Yeah Boy, I'm Going to Heaven!

The difference between an evangelical christian and an evangelical antheist is a single belief in a single deity.

not completely accurate....atheists have a singular belief regarding the same deity that Christians do, only the opposite belief....I have never actually seen an atheist begin a lawsuit to restrict the actions of a Hindu or Buddhist.....they seem equally fixated on the Christian deity......

not completely accurate....atheists have a singular belief regarding the same deity that Christians do, only the opposite belief....I have never actually seen an atheist begin a lawsuit to restrict the actions of a Hindu or Buddhist.....they seem equally fixated on the Christian deity......

The reason you have not seen a lawsuit to restrict the actions of a Hindu or Buddhist is because you have not seen a situation in which the Hindu or Buddhist religions were given favored status or were part of a government entity to the exclusion of other faiths.

The reason you have not seen a lawsuit to restrict the actions of a Hindu or Buddhist is because you have not seen a situation in which the Hindu or Buddhist religions were given favored status or were part of a government entity to the exclusion of other faiths.

aren't the atheists trying to exclude other faiths....they want "no-god" to be the only "god".......besides, you obviously haven't considered India in your response.....

aren't the atheists trying to exclude other faiths....they want "no-god" to be the only "god".......besides, you obviously haven't considered India in your response.....

Since the only lawsuits I know of by atheists against other faiths were filed here in the US, I didn't forget about India, I ignored it as irrelevant.

Yes, they want no-god to be the only way out there and they think those who believe are misguided fools. And christians want their god to be the only god and think all other faiths are misguided fools.

In Britian, when the anti-Muslim bigot Wilders was blocked from entering Britian there was a massive uproar from the atheist community. No, I hate you all equally. If there were more Muslims, I'd have reason to pick on them, but it's sort of like picking on the retarded kid as it is. And you can't make fun of Jews.

No god is not a god. This line of thinking gets you knowhere. You're trying to bring atheism down to the level of religion, but it just isn't working, because plainly everyone can see that atheism is something else entirely.

1% of the population vs. 90% of the population.

And anyway, atheists are the most discriminated against minority in America today.

Coming from you and WM is not exactly an unbiased opinion. Since you have both come down on the side against religion in the past.

OK, but break down the word. It helps a lot if you've taken Latin. the "a" that begins the word means "away from", or "absence of", basically. The second part, "theism" is something that we all recognize.

So atheism is the absence of a belief in a diety. Some people may try to make it something more than that, but it really is that simple.

Au contrare, it is a lack of faith.
No, it isn't. A lack of "faith" still leaves doubt. As I have explained before it is an infinite leap of faith to "sure" whichever direction you jump off the line of probability. One may believe that the probability of God is "low" but to take the leap into total surety takes infinite faith.

Since the only lawsuits I know of by atheists against other faiths were filed here in the US, I didn't forget about India, I ignored it as irrelevant.
not irrelevant....if anything, India is more restrictive regarding religion than the US...they still kill people there for converting from the Hindu religion.....it is only here in the US, where religious diversity is permitted freely that the atheists demand that competing religions be shut down.....

No god is not a god. This line of thinking gets you knowhere. You're trying to bring atheism down to the level of religion, but it just isn't working, because plainly everyone can see that atheism is something else entirely.

"no-god" has become a deity for many atheists (though it would be bringing atheism UP to the level of religion, since in most cases atheists are merely the self-delusional branch of agnosticism).....when I see folks capitalizing "NO GOD", spitting out the liturgy of atheism, tithing their assets in lawsuits to have "In God We Trust" and prayers before football games removed I see people whose religious beliefs are fundamental.....

OK, but break down the word. It helps a lot if you've taken Latin. the "a" that begins the word means "away from", or "absence of", basically. The second part, "theism" is something that we all recognize.

So atheism is the absence of a belief in a diety. Some people may try to make it something more than that, but it really is that simple.

uh....sorry.....lack of belief would be a gnos (knowledge), hence agnostic....a theos (god) is the assertion there IS NO GOD (capital letters gratis)......and it comes from the Greek, not the Latin....

Last edited:
Sat next to this bible thumping lady on the plane today who asked me to close my eyes and repeat a prayer after her that I accept Jesus as my savior. This was after I told her I rarely go to church because I'm usually hung over. So I closed my eyes and repeated the prayer and have accept Jesus in my life. I'm going to heaven b*tches!

I usually just tell bible thumpers like that that I’m muslim, and I’ll be happy to hear their prayers, if they will reciprocate and pray to Allah with me. They usually leave me alone after that.

Back