1 Brutal Thing Needs To Happen To GOP

Might as well be voting Democrat then. Moron. :palm:

We know you voted for Biden. You really are THAT fucking dumb. :laugh:

20 different settings. Isn't that setting #14?

People who use "we" to back up their own words are admitting their argument is weak, stupid and that they need a gang to back them up.

Good. We have had our fill of racist fascist dumbshits like George Wallace and his followers.

They're dead and in the past. Trumpers are both liars and fucking morons. They believe that by bringing up something that happened 60 years ago, they can validate their racism today.

35%-40% of the nation is Republican. They can vote if they want, but the decimation will come via Independents (women especially) who reject what used to be the Republican party.

So you believe independents all vote democrat?

That doesn't make them independents then does it?

35%-40% of the nation is Republican. They can vote if they want, but the decimation will come via Independents (women especially) who reject what used to be the Republican party.

That's not quite correct. Among registered voters, about 30% are Democrat and the same for Republican. The remaining 40% are Independents, most of whom will vote either D or R depending upon the election.

When neither party represents you, the next best strategy is to always vote against the party in power. This keeps them off-balance.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/388781/political-party-preferences-shifted-greatly-during-2021.aspx
Overall in 2021, an average of 29% of Americans identified as Democrats, 27% as Republicans and 42% as independents. Roughly equal proportions of independents leaned to the Democratic Party (17%) and to the Republican Party (16%).

The percentage of independent identifiers is up from 39% in 2020, but similar to the 41% measured in 2019. Gallup has often seen a decrease in independents in a presidential election year and an increase in the year after.

So you believe independents all vote democrat?

That doesn't make them independents then does it?
So you believe that trump's platform of a nationwide abortion ban will attract Independents?

Say nothing of the fact that he's a national security risk.

That's not quite correct. Among registered voters, about 30% are Democrat and the same for Republican. The remaining 40% are Independents, most of whom will vote either D or R depending upon the election.

When neither party represents you, the next best strategy is to always vote against the party in power. This keeps them off-balance.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/388781/political-party-preferences-shifted-greatly-during-2021.aspx
Gallup has often seen a decrease in independents in a presidential election year and an increase in the year after.
Neither party represents the vast majority of the nation. They just pander to the moneyed interests. In this particular election, even idiots know how important it is to just get rid of trump once and for all.

It's easy to make a political statement when the White House isn't at stake. I've never been anything but a registered Independent, but perhaps the downtick during presidential elections is due to closed primaries shunning Independents?

So you believe that trump's platform of a nationwide abortion ban will attract Independents?

Say nothing of the fact that he's a national security risk.

I expect that Tuesday's special election result in Ohio is a preview of things to come for the Republicans. I'd be plenty worried if I was one of them.

I expect that Tuesday's special election result in Ohio is a preview of things to come for the Republicans. I'd be plenty worried if I was one of them.
I would agree. We'll probably see what we saw in '20. Republicans denouncing trump, but voting R down ballot. Unless they're wise and want to make sure that a rogue state legislature won't take away said rights.

Don't forget that kids are still very concerned about gun laws as well.

Neither party represents the vast majority of the nation. They just pander to the moneyed interests. In this particular election, even idiots know how important it is to just get rid of trump once and for all.

It's easy to make a political statement when the White House isn't at stake. I've never been anything but a registered Independent, but perhaps the downtick during presidential elections is due to closed primaries shunning Independents?

Agreed on voting against Trump. Still, notice how small the margin was. Bullying people into one's own party is a stupid strategy.

I've voted straight Libertarian tickets since after the 2012 election. If no Libertarian is running in a local/State election, I vote for a challenger. I've never voted for a Democrat for President and unlikely to start in 2024.

Or vote Libertarian. :thup:

It's a civic duty to vote and I highly recommend every eligible American voter to vote in every election. It's not a requirement to vote for the two large parties, both of which have repeatedly proved they are better at serving themselves than We, the People.

libertarians.jpg

Cast a truculent vote for a non-viable candidate to increase the possibility of the lesser preferred real candidate winning.
You have that prerogative whether or not I can understand your exercising it.

Cast a truculent vote for a non-viable candidate to increase the possibility of the lesser preferred real candidate winning.

You have that prerogative whether or not I can understand your exercising it.
Not my problem.

I've tried the "vote for the lesser of two evils" strategy from 1992 to 2012. It didn't work so now I have a new strategy. If you want my vote, run a better candidate on a better platform.

Not my problem.

I've tried the "vote for the lesser of two evils" strategy from 1992 to 2012. It didn't work so now I have a new strategy. If you want my vote, run a better candidate on a better platform.

I've fully conceded that the option was legitimately yours, Oom.
I've tried to move my party further left from within--a different approach.
We do what our respective conscience leads us to do.

So does this dumbshit think conservatives are all of a sudden going to start voting democratic?

How can the GOP die when half the nation is conservative?

Maybe they will just stop voting because of Trump's legal woes?

He's an idiot.

I always laugh when someone says one of the parties are dying, it's utter bullshit.

The TheRepub party does not exist. Trump took it over years ago. Every action they tame has to be filtered through Trumpian sieve. They do not have the guts to stand up to Mr. Bluster. Politics is the business of being re-elected. Trump and his crazies can primary anyone. They do what Trump wants, or they are gone.

I've fully conceded that the option was legitimately yours, Oom.
I've tried to move my party further left from within--a different approach.
We do what our respective conscience leads us to do.

It's up to "We, the People". We get the government we deserve. If we want better government, then we need to earn it.

In some ways I look at it like Climate Change; smart, educated people can alert others all they want, but if people don't want to change, they won't. It doesn't help that the monied interests fully invested in older, Greenhouse gas tech are muddying the message. Still, it's the majority of Americans who decide. Since a large portion of American don't trust government or authorities, I see that as a failure from both major parties. Time for something new, IMO.

Back