386,422 new voters registered without a photo ID in a single week (03/16/2024)

I've got a few, TOP. Why do you keep asking me that?
I don't know why they're so important, but I have a few.

That 1960s college ID card is still my favorite, though.

They're important because you need one..
.Everybody needs one... A current one... Keep the old ones though... those are fun...

You know the Republicans, always trying to tweak the rules to exclude huge number of voters. For a while there, Texas allowed out-of-state handwritten hunting licenses, but still completely bans the use of state issued school IDs.

The next step is limiting the number of non-drivers licenses that are allowed to be issued. Only 1,000 state ID's per county per week is more than enough for a county of 10,000 people, but is nowhere near enough for a major city.

We all know what the point of all this is.
It's not a big deal to Get everyone an acceptable ID... Have one.
That you can use for anything including voting...why not? Democrats will register people to vote and drive them to the polls...why not help them get IDs...we know why they won't...
Don't we? ;)

Then find them. This is where things fall apart for your side. You always end up in court saying "I have a conspiracy blog that says this is possible", the judge asks do you have any evidence, and you have to answer no.

It has been years now, and you cannot find the first bit of evidence. That sort of tells us there is no evidence.
That’s exactly what happened to Rudy. He could not claim fraud or prove it in court and now his license is suspended.

That you can use for anything including voting...why not? Democrats will register people to vote and drive them to the polls...why not help them get IDs...we know why they won't...
Don't we? ;)
I'm good with it as long as it's not a backdoor poll tax which means the ID has to be free.

Then why are Republicans fighting it so much?

The first step to convincing people this is not a power grab would be to get everyone federal ID for free. When you admit you have not even taken the first step, I have to ask why not?

Democrats will register people to vote and drive them to the polls.

Democrats will usually drive anyone to the polls. Republicans will usually only drive Republicans to the polls. Why is any of this upsetting to you?

We keep coming back to the same question, why should voting be linked to driving?

Why not have a national voter ID card?

They're important because you need one..
.Everybody needs one... A current one... Keep the old ones though... those are fun...

People say we need one, but we did fine without one for a very long time.

I was in my twenties, at least, before my driver's license had a photo.
I never ran over a single person, regardless of how many cars I wrecked.

I've voted in Massachusetts since I was 21/22 years old in 1968.

The next time they ask me for a photo ID will be the first,
and nobody has ever complained about election fraud in Massachusetts to my recollection.

They didn't ask for a photo ID when I registered to vote in City Hall.
I doubt if the nice ladies behind the counter were boxing fans who happened to recognize me,
but I suppose I can't swear to it either way.

They didn't ask me for a photo ID when I was eighteen and registered for the draft, either. [Bitches. :laugh:]

I do remember that I was registered as a Democrat without having to say anything,
but those were more civilized times.

I don't get it, but I have strong suspicions that certain Red States are trying to stay Red by suppressing the vote,
and making the acquisition of photo IDs easier for the desired voters and harder for the less welcome ones.

That's my suspicion, but
I'm 77.
I'm not hitting the road to do hands on research.

That’s exactly what happened to Rudy. He could not claim fraud or prove it in court and now his license is suspended.

As the hours turned into days turned into weeks turned into months turned into years... We have to ask where the evidence they promised is coming any second now is.

trump claimed he had "amazing evidence" that Obama was not born in the USA, that he found 14 years ago... So why has he not released it?

People say we need one, but we did fine without one for a very long time.

I was in my twenties, at least, before my driver's license had a photo.
I never ran over a single person, regardless of how many cars I wrecked.

I've voted in Massachusetts since I was 21/22 years old in 1968.

The next time they ask me for a photo ID will be the first,
and nobody has ever complained about election fraud in Massachusetts to my recollection.

They didn't ask for a photo ID when I registered to vote in City Hall.
I doubt if the nice ladies behind the counter were boxing fans who happened to recognize me,
but I suppose I can't swear to it either way.

They didn't ask me for a photo ID when I was eighteen and registered for the draft, either. [Bitches. :laugh:]

I do remember that I was registered as a Democrat without having to say anything,
but those were more civilized times.

I don't get it, but I have strong suspicions that certain Red States are trying to stay Red by suppressing the vote,
and making the acquisition of photo IDs easier for the desired voters and harder for the less welcome ones.

That's my suspicion, but
I'm 77.
I'm not hitting the road to do hands on research.
Is today it's important for everyone to have one... And it's not difficult to get one.
There are different requirements for different photo IDs... For good reason... But everyone should have one.... No one is trying to stop anyone who is eligible to vote from voting...

As the hours turned into days turned into weeks turned into months turned into years... We have to ask where the evidence they promised is coming any second now is.

trump claimed he had "amazing evidence" that Obama was not born in the USA, that he found 14 years ago... So why has he not released it?
He also said he was going to replace Obamacare with something better. Only MAGAts and fucking morons believe anything Trump says.

No one is trying to stop anyone who is eligible to vote from voting...

How nice it would be to be more confident in that theory.
It's hard, though, when you've lived in this nation for this many years.

The post-Eisenhower Republican Party has been largely a terrorist organization.
Joe McCarthy would have never been censured today.
He'd have probably been regarded as too liberal.

He also said he was going to replace Obamacare with something better. Only MAGAts and fucking morons believe anything Trump says.

They keep telling us that any day now they will present the evidence.... As the years go by, we have to start wondering if there is any evidence.

you are lying out of your ass.......the video is video......watch it, ignore it, your choice....but don't for a minute believe no one thinks it isn't election stealing........even you realize it, you just don't give a fuck.......because your fuckwit is in the Oval Office......

Showing a man burning some "ballots" in a small bag proves nothing. That somebody happened to record the act makes it very unlikely to be true. Wanting to believe a lie helps convince people.

In 2020 there was a Republican President and a Republican Senate*. In Georgia, there was a Republican Governor and a Republican State legislator. In both cases, only fucking morons think the Democrats could get away with election fraud. It's been almost four years and there's no evidence of fraud altering the election as admitted by several Republican leaders including Trump's VP, AG and other officials.

*There'd have been a Republican House if Trump hadn't torpedoed those House Republicans who didn't toe the line.

Democrats didn't get away with election fraud, Sock. They got caught at it!

Nobody registers to vote without a valid SSN number, you can't do it. Nobody registers to vote multiple times with the same number, you can't do it. Nobody makes up a SSN number when registering, the system will not allow someone to register with a fake number, you can't do it. SSN numbers issued to non-citizens are flagged as such in the system and they will not become registered voters, they can't do it.

You can say wow, looks like a lot of people registering in TX but that is evidence of fucking nothing.

Blatant lies, Sock. You cannot change history.

There is no need for election fraud
when perfectly valid elections can and do destroy the soul of the nation
all on their own.

The shocking stupidity of the American electorate may very well be this nation's one unscalable obstacle.

Nearly half of the voters are devolved mutants,
and thanks to our fakakta constitution,
that often translates into more than half of the electoral votes.

There was no election in 2020, Sock.

Back