75% of America thinks country is headed in wrong direction!

Do you like Leftists? Do you agree with their politics?

You didn't ask me, but I certainly do.

I am not a Democrat. I am a registered Independent. But on the political spectrum I am slightly to the left of Bernie Sanders and Amy Klobuchar...and very proud of it.

I also am a capitalist. Fact is, I may be the only poster here who actually worked on Wall Street...at a major brokerage house.

They are not incompatible positions.

You didn't ask me, but I certainly do.

I am not a Democrat. I am a registered Independent. But on the political spectrum I am slightly to the left of Bernie Sanders and Amy Klobuchar...and very proud of it.

I also am a capitalist. Fact is, I may be the only poster here who actually worked on Wall Street...at a major brokerage house.

They are not incompatible positions.

Could you list out some of your preferred positions on that? That's not to be mean, it's serious. I want you to list and defend your political positions.

Yeah, I agree. I am part of the 75%.

But analysists seem to think that because so many people think the country is headed in the wrong direction, a change in the presidency from Joe Biden to Trump is what is wanted.

Horse shit!

The reason I think our country is headed in the wrong direction is BECAUSE so many of our people think that Trump should be put back into the White House.

He is a disgusting person...he is incompetent...he is a divider...he is a moron, just like the people to whom he most appeals.

Sure wish the weather would turn. I want some warm times. I really miss golf. It makes me testy.

Yep, there is something wrong with the way people process information if they think electing trump is what this country needs.

Could you list out some of your preferred positions on that? That's not to be mean, it's serious. I want you to list and defend your political positions.

My major position is that in a nation as wealthy as ours...EVERYONE should have sufficient as a base line. EVERYONE should have sufficient food; sufficient clothing; sufficient shelter; sufficient access to education, transportation, communication, and healthcare; and EVERYONE should have sufficient diversional access...a bit of liesure...AS A BASE LINE.

No one should have to work for that minimum.

No one who is lazy should ever be forced to work. All you get from forcing people to work (to "earn" a living) is damage to productivity.

Anyone who wants to work and who is productive should be allowed to work for the "more" which should rightly derive from doing the work. Obviously some human work is needed...but the amount of such need is decreasing with each day. For the most part, humans who want to work should be dealing with the problem of devising and maufacturing more machines, robots, computers...to do the work so that humans do not have to do it.

Right now, caring for the less fortunate among us is a step in that direction.

Taxes should be increased...especially, but not only, on the mot wealthy...and huge increases should be made to the safety net programs now in existence.

People who are different...LGB etc, etc, etc...should be protected.

That's a start. I may offer more if the conversation seems reasonable.

Sure. Health Care universal. Defund Israel. Raise federal minimum wage. Tax upper 1% higher.

Would there be any alternatives to universal health care? What would each person have to pay for it?

Okay, we defund Israel to the tune of the $3.3 billion we now give them. That's a drop in the bucket in terms of current federal spending. On the other hand, let's just say Israel stops sharing advanced technology with us and sells it to say, China, instead. How much do we lose on that? Given that Israel's gdp right now is about $505 billion, the loss of roughly one-half of one percent of their gdp isn't going to hurt them, but our loss of technology sharing will hurt us.

Raise the federal minimum wage to what?

Tax the upper 1% at what higher rate?

My major position is that in a nation as wealthy as ours...EVERYONE should have sufficient as a base line. EVERYONE should have sufficient food; sufficient clothing; sufficient shelter; sufficient access to education, transportation, communication, and healthcare; and EVERYONE should have sufficient diversional access...a bit of liesure...AS A BASE LINE.

No one should have to work for that minimum.

No one who is lazy should ever be forced to work. All you get from forcing people to work (to "earn" a living) is damage to productivity.

Anyone who wants to work and who is productive should be allowed to work for the "more" which should rightly derive from doing the work. Obviously some human work is needed...but the amount of such need is decreasing with each day. For the most part, humans who want to work should be dealing with the problem of devising and maufacturing more machines, robots, computers...to do the work so that humans do not have to do it.

Right now, caring for the less fortunate among us is a step in that direction.

Taxes should be increased...especially, but not only, on the mot wealthy...and huge increases should be made to the safety net programs now in existence.

People who are different...LGB etc, etc, etc...should be protected.

That's a start. I may offer more if the conversation seems reasonable.

Okay, so who pays for all that? Right now, the US is second in the world on total net social welfare spending and tenth in terms of per capita social welfare spending.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_social_welfare_spending

How much more do you recommend we spend?

What makes you think that people will want to work if they are getting paid as much or more on welfare? Same goes for why work harder if the government is guaranteeing you a certain paycheck regardless, or making your firing difficult or impossible.

What you want is forced altruism and expect people to accept that. People won't, and history proves it.

For example, if I get the same basic stuff as everyone else, but am motivated to want more, and know that the harder I work the more the government will take, I simply go into the black market and work under the table and not give the government a goddamned dime of my earnings while, on paper, still qualifying for all the basic stuff everybody else gets. People will prefer my lower prices, quality work, and they too won't give a shit that the government is getting fucked. In fact, most will applaud that and willingly join in.

Sounds harsh, but that's reality. Few people are going to be happy being forced to be altruistic and will spend their time instead finding ways to get around the system rather than work with it.

You could still pay extra for your healthcare.

So, you're fine with the rich and well-off having access to really great health care while the rest of us have to get in line at the government clinic and wait all day to be seen by uncaring staff who don't give a shit since they are overworked and underpaid?

That's how it is in almost every universal health care system on the planet, and you want that for us.

So, you're fine with the rich and well-off having access to really great health care while the rest of us have to get in line at the government clinic and wait all day to be seen by uncaring staff who don't give a shit since they are overworked and underpaid?

That's how it is in almost every universal health care system on the planet, and you want that for us.

I do not agree with your assessment.

Back