Alabama QB Jalen Hurts in NCAA transfer portal, can be contacted by other schools

You're whining now. Maybe you're so used to doing it you don't realize it. If you don't like people being assholes, you should stop.

No one has attacked you. Your problem is you're weak and thin-skinned.

I said it wasn't an upset and you kept claiming those YOU called experts said it was.

When what you believe isn't worth believing, you don't have much to stand behind. It's like hiding behind a curtain during a hurricane.

If what I am doing is whining, then you have been doing the same thing for quite a while.

You brought up the entire topic of it being called an upset. I didn't.

Oh, so you use your vast knowledge acquired by watching some games on tv.

I have never said anyone gave me my opinions. I am simply not so hostile or insecure than I claim to not listen to people with a lifetime of experience in a given area.

I'm not the one that claims to be biased, something that clouds your vision.

You called those claiming it was an upset experts. By doing so, you're accepting their opinion. You are weak enough to take their opinion rather than forming one of your own.

If what I am doing is whining, then you have been doing the same thing for quite a while.

You brought up the entire topic of it being called an upset. I didn't.

I'm not the one getting his panties in a wad because someone disagrees.

I stated I disagreed with it being one. You went on to call those saying so experts and not being able to form your own opinion.

Actually, Alabama has a pretty good academic reputation. Carnegie just ranked them as an elite research institution. The schools of accounting and engineering are nationally ranked.

Ranked 129th in US World rankings, accept 56% of applicants and graduate 27% in four years, nobody is ever going to confuse it with MIT, or Vanderbilt for that matter, the school up keep avoiding in my question

https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/rankings/national-universities?_mode=table&_page=7

I'm not the one that claims to be biased, something that clouds your vision.

You called those claiming it was an upset experts. By doing so, you're accepting their opinion. You are weak enough to take their opinion rather than forming one of your own.

I was responding to your post. And they ARE experts. Certainly far more knowledgeable about the game than you are.

Ranked 129th in US World rankings, accept 56% of applicants and graduate 27% in four years, nobody is ever going to confuse it with MIT, or Vanderbilt for that matter, the school up keep avoiding in my question

https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/rankings/national-universities?_mode=table&_page=7

129th out of how many?

I am not avoiding the question. Vanderbilt has not focused on developing their football program like the schools at the top of the rankings.

129th out of 312. So 58% of the schools listed are not as good (looking at the universities as a whole). And yet, we are in the top percentage in football.

http://big4accountingfirms.org/best-accounting-schools/

Ranked #38 in the top 50 schools of accounting.

And yes, a high acceptance rate. I don't see that as a mark against the UA.

Last edited:
I was responding to your post. And they ARE experts. Certainly far more knowledgeable about the game than you are.

That doesn't change you're biased and it invalidates any claim you make.

Being knowledgeable and being an expert aren't the same.

That doesn't change you're biased and it invalidates any claim you make.

Being knowledgeable and being an expert aren't the same.

I am a fan of the Crimson Tide. So yes, I am biased. You'll have to be more specific about what claims that invalidates. I claimed we got our ass kicked. Is that invalidated?

I never said that being an expert and being knowledgeable are the same thing. But you do have to be very knowledgeable on a topic in order to be an expert. And watching a few games on tv does not get you there.

129th out of how many?

I am not avoiding the question. Vanderbilt has not focused on developing their football program like the schools at the top of the rankings.

129th out of 312. So 58% of the schools listed are not as good (looking at the universities as a whole). And yet, we are in the top percentage in football.

http://big4accountingfirms.org/best-accounting-schools/

Ranked #38 in the top 50 schools of accounting.

And yes, a high acceptance rate. I don't see that as a mark against the UA.

Did you have to search long to find a major that could crack the top one hundred? And it is 38 out of 50

Continuing, 129th isn't anything to brag about, why would anyone want to be 129th in anything, and an acceptance rate over fifty percent basically means every other kid who applies gets in, signifying it isn't competitive, comparatively, Princeton at the top has a seven percent acceptance rate

And Vanderbilt will never qualify for a playoff spot because they do not spend the money on football as "the top of the ratings," as neither does probably 80% of all the 130 schools playing, as I keep telling you and you refuse to accept, money is the common denominator, if Vanderbilt wanted to reallocate funds and spend big bucks in football they probably could reach that goal, but I think they have other priorities, they don't want a ranking only better than 58% of all other schools

It is all because of the money, spend more, you will be better, spend the most, and you will be the most or close to it

And what do you two SEC boys think of the President serving up McDonald's and Burger King to the Clemson football team?

Did you have to search long to find a major that could crack the top one hundred? And it is 38 out of 50

Continuing, 129th isn't anything to brag about, why would anyone want to be 129th in anything, and an acceptance rate over fifty percent basically means every other kid who applies gets in, signifying it isn't competitive, comparatively, Princeton at the top has a seven percent acceptance rate

And Vanderbilt will never qualify for a playoff spot because they do not spend the money on football as "the top of the ratings," as neither does probably 80% of all the 130 schools playing, as I keep telling you and you refuse to accept, money is the common denominator, if Vanderbilt wanted to reallocate funds and spend big bucks in football they probably could reach that goal, but I think they have other priorities, they don't want a ranking only better than 58% of all other schools

It is all because of the money, spend more, you will be better, spend the most, and you will be the most or close to it

Yes, it is easier to get into Alabama. But then, there is a definite need for places that everyone can go.

As for allocating the money, every school has areas they fund better than other areas. Those are their best features. MIT spends more on top professors for engineering than they do for professors teaching English or History.

As the links I have given you show, the money spent by the UA on football has provided huge benefits across the board.

All of it is about money. Every phase of every school is about money. You try to make it sound as though Alabama is buying championships and spending money while other schools are altruistic in their efforts. That is simply not the case.

I am reading that Maryland has the inside track to get Jalen Hurts. Having his former OC as their new head coach doesn't hurt at all.

The three finalists for Hurts seem to be Maryland, Oklahoma, and Miami.

Yes, it is easier to get into Alabama. But then, there is a definite need for places that everyone can go.

As for allocating the money, every school has areas they fund better than other areas. Those are their best features. MIT spends more on top professors for engineering than they do for professors teaching English or History.

As the links I have given you show, the money spent by the UA on football has provided huge benefits across the board.

All of it is about money. Every phase of every school is about money. You try to make it sound as though Alabama is buying championships and spending money while other schools are altruistic in their efforts. That is simply not the case.

A lot of that money would not go to Alabama if it was reallocated to other areas since the contributors are giving money for the football team. Most of that is private contributions and not state/tuition money the school can allocate.

Not "buying championships," rather doing their best to buy championships, Alabama and handful of other schools, it is all about money, you more you spend the more sucessful you will be, Steinbrenner's Yankees, semi pro

"every school has areas they fund better than others," yeah, Vanderbilt, and eighty percent of colleges playing Division I football, have decided to spend it on improving the quality of education they offer, not altruism, their purpose for existing, Alabama seemingly decided to spend it on buying a championship

Not "buying championships," rather doing their best to buy championships, Alabama and handful of other schools, it is all about money, you more you spend the more sucessful you will be, Steinbrenner's Yankees, semi pro

"every school has areas they fund better than others," yeah, Vanderbilt, and eighty percent of colleges playing Division I football, have decided to spend it on improving the quality of education they offer, not altruism, their purpose for existing, Alabama seemingly decided to spend it on buying a championship

Did you read the links I posted recently?

I am a fan of the Crimson Tide. So yes, I am biased. You'll have to be more specific about what claims that invalidates. I claimed we got our ass kicked. Is that invalidated?

I never said that being an expert and being knowledgeable are the same thing. But you do have to be very knowledgeable on a topic in order to be an expert. And watching a few games on tv does not get you there.

Any claim. You confuse a claim with an obvious fact. I stated the fact. You agreed. By definition, for it to be a claim, it could possible be contradicted. That isn't the case here.

Being put in front of a camera and running your mouth doesn't make you an expert. You're using the argument from authority again and you'll lose every time. People that you'll never know who aren't a recognizable name get things correct as often, if not more, than those faces on TV and those writers you call experts. Those unknown folks may not be able to spout the data the talking heads do but their predictions are just as good. BTW, those talking heads aren't doing their own research either. That data is being provided to them. Experts are able to get their own.

Any claim. You confuse a claim with an obvious fact. I stated the fact. You agreed. By definition, for it to be a claim, it could possible be contradicted. That isn't the case here.

Being put in front of a camera and running your mouth doesn't make you an expert. You're using the argument from authority again and you'll lose every time. People that you'll never know who aren't a recognizable name get things correct as often, if not more, than those faces on TV and those writers you call experts. Those unknown folks may not be able to spout the data the talking heads do but their predictions are just as good. BTW, those talking heads aren't doing their own research either. That data is being provided to them. Experts are able to get their own.

So where do you think Jalen Hurts will decide to go?

So where do you think Jalen Hurts will decide to go?

Don't care. I don't concern myself with quitters. Same with Kelly Bryant.

When hiring for the low/unskilled jobs, the number one factor taken into consideration is whether or not they have a high school diploma. The one with the diploma will get hired over the dropout every time. It's a hierarchy, so to speak. High school diploma, GED, dropout. Can you figure out why? There are two reasons.

Don't care. I don't concern myself with quitters. Same with Kelly Bryant.

When hiring for the low/unskilled jobs, the number one factor taken into consideration is whether or not they have a high school diploma. The one with the diploma will get hired over the dropout every time. It's a hierarchy, so to speak. High school diploma, GED, dropout. Can you figure out why? There are two reasons.

Well, where Jalen Hurts transferring and where he ends up is the actual topic of this thread. These endless derailings and side topics are a waste of time. If you want to start a new thread about hiring people for unskilled labor positions, feel free to do so. I'm sticking with the actual topics now.

Well, where Jalen Hurts transferring and where he ends up is the actual topic of this thread. These endless derailings and side topics are a waste of time. If you want to start a new thread about hiring people for unskilled labor positions, feel free to do so. I'm sticking with the actual topics now.

I addressed the topic. Not giving a shit about where a quitters goes is an answer. Providing an example of how he's no different than a high school dropout explains is a bonus. There is one thing you should be aware of. I'll address and use whatever examples I want and there isn't a fucking thing you can do about it. Whatever you do on a daily basis must involve you expecting people to jump when you speak. I don't work for, therefore, I don't. Get used to it. You aren't all you pretend to be you old widower.

Back