Alabama QB Jalen Hurts in NCAA transfer portal, can be contacted by other schools

The ones not originating at Alabama detailed specific financial boons from the winning at Alabama. Your links mostly discussed things from a multitude of schools.

And you keep coming back to your claim that it is semi-pro. The money is a big part of winning. I have agreed with that. But the players are amateurs and are students at the University.

And I disagree that Saban is simply a good coach. He may be the best to ever coach college football.

And this is also off topic. Stick with a discussion of Jalen Hurts transferring, or start a new thread.

There's your bias again. It automatically invalidates your claim.

If Saban left Alabama and went to another school, you'd be just like the idiots in Cleveland that burned Lebron James jerseys when he left for Miami.

To constantly whine about off topic, you make off topic posts a lot. Typical Alabama fan. It's wrong for you but OK for me mentality.

Quitting because you were replaced is doing well? Is that taught in a course at Alabama?

Transferring after he graduated is not rare, especially for someone who will likely not start. Hurts is a competitor. He wants to play and compete.

Transferring after he graduated is not rare, especially for someone who will likely not start. Hurts is a competitor. He wants to play and compete.

While at Alabama, he competed and lost. When he lost, he quit and ran to somewhere else. You, being admittedly biased, defends him being a quitter.

While at Alabama, he competed and lost. When he lost, he quit and ran to somewhere else. You, being admittedly biased, defends him being a quitter.

While at Alabama he was 26-2 as a starter. Then he lost the starting position in January of 2017 and transferred in January of 2018.

While at Alabama he was 26-2 as a starter. Then he lost the starting position in January of 2017 and transferred in January of 2018.

While at Alabama he was replaced, got his panties in a wad, and quit. That bias is coming through again. Kelly Bryant was 12-2 as a starter.

Alabama and Clemson have something in common. Both had a quarterback that competed against each other, both of those quarterbacks were replaced, and both quit after that. When it happened is irrelevant unless you're going to claim the level of which someone is a quitter is based on a date.

While at Alabama he was replaced, got his panties in a wad, and quit. That bias is coming through again. Kelly Bryant was 12-2 as a starter.

Alabama and Clemson have something in common. Both had a quarterback that competed against each other, both of those quarterbacks were replaced, and both quit after that. When it happened is irrelevant unless you're going to claim the level of which someone is a quitter is based on a date.

He never got his panties in a wad. He was supportive of Tua.

You are welcome to your opinion of him. I have a different one. I haven't seen anyone agreeing with your opinion, including people from both universities, teammates, and sports writers.

He never got his panties in a wad. He was supportive of Tua.

You are welcome to your opinion of him. I have a different one. I haven't seen anyone agreeing with your opinion, including people from both universities, teammates, and sports writers.

He quit, PERIOD.

The Clemson people where I live called both Bryant and Hurts quitters. You have your opinion and have also admitted you're biased which discredits your opinion. That bias doesn't let you look objectively at the facts.

He quit, PERIOD.

The Clemson people where I live called both Bryant and Hurts quitters. You have your opinion and have also admitted you're biased which discredits your opinion. That bias doesn't let you look objectively at the facts.

Well good for the Clemson people where you live. Of course, they are likely talking about Bryant, who quit immediately upon being benched. THAT is a quitter. Staying and helping the team, like Hurts did is a different matter, whether you can see it or not. Bryant got his panties in a wad. Hurts worked for the good of the team. And he was there when Alabama needed him in the SEC Championship.

The people at OU thought enough of Hurts to offer him a scholarship. And there is talk of OU potentially having 3 Heisman winners in a row.

Well good for the Clemson people where you live. Of course, they are likely talking about Bryant, who quit immediately upon being benched. THAT is a quitter. Staying and helping the team, like Hurts did is a different matter, whether you can see it or not. Bryant got his panties in a wad. Hurts worked for the good of the team. And he was there when Alabama needed him in the SEC Championship.

The people at OU thought enough of Hurts to offer him a scholarship. And there is talk of OU potentially having 3 Heisman winners in a row.

Hurts not only Won't win the Heisman,he might not win the starting job!

Really, without Googling, how many past Heisman Trophy winners can you name in sequential order going back in time starting with 2017?

Not many. But I can name dozens of former Alabama players. That is what fans do. And hurts has a LOT of fans from his time with the Crimson Tide.

Not many. But I can name dozens of former Alabama players. That is what fans do. And hurts has a LOT of fans from his time with the Crimson Tide.

Sure you can, just like "cfm" can name Mississippi players, and the other guy Oklahoma, but that doesn't make them memorable outside of Alabama, Mississippi, or Oklahoma. Most college football fans couldn't tell you who Hurt was let alone where he will be next year

Sure you can, just like "cfm" can name Mississippi players, and the other guy Oklahoma, but that doesn't make them memorable outside of Alabama, Mississippi, or Oklahoma. Most college football fans couldn't tell you who Hurt was let alone where he will be next year

Ok, so he was nationally known for a couple of years, and remembered by fans for years to come. What percentage of college athletes are actually remembered by everyone? 0.001% or less?

I think his story will be remembered by plenty of fans, and some from other places. He went 26-2 as a starter. Got benched in an epic game against Georgia. Stayed and supported the team and the guy who replaced him. Then less than a year later, the starter was hurt, Jalen came in, down by 2 touchdowns, with around 10 mins left in the game, and won the game. That is a fairly special story.

But if no one other than Alabama fans remember him, so what? Do you think that matters?

Last edited:
BROADWAY JOE NAMUTH

Off the top of my head, Namath, Bart Starr, Ken Stabler, Cornelius Bennett, Derrick Thomas, John Hannah, Sylvester Croom, George Teague, Barry Krause, Ozzie Newsome, Michael Prostor, Don Hutson, Derrick Henry, Al Bell, Julio Jones, CJ Mosley, Tyrone Prothro, Amari Cooper, Sean Alexander, Harry Gilmer, Bobby Humphreys, Johnny Musso, Freddy Kitchens, Andrew Zow.........

I can name more former Alabama players than I am willing to sit and type. And many, if not most, Alabama fans would recognize all of those names. And some date back to when they wore leather helmets.

Off the top of my head, Namath, Bart Starr, Ken Stabler, Cornelius Bennett, Derrick Thomas, John Hannah, Sylvester Croom, George Teague, Barry Krause, Ozzie Newsome, Michael Prostor, Don Hutson, Derrick Henry, Al Bell, Julio Jones, CJ Mosley, Tyrone Prothro, Amari Cooper, Sean Alexander, Harry Gilmer, Bobby Humphreys, Johnny Musso, Freddy Kitchens, Andrew Zow.........

I can name more former Alabama players than I am willing to sit and type. And many, if not most, Alabama fans would recognize all of those names. And some date back to when they wore leather helmets.

Damn, you guys used to produce some QBs! Starr and the Snake were legit, and Broadway Joe, though vastly overrated, was/remains a great spectacle.

Damn, you guys used to produce some QBs! Starr and the Snake were legit, and Broadway Joe, though vastly overrated, was/remains a great spectacle.

Yeah, then we went to the 3 yards and a cloud of dust. And it was effective, to a point. It required a smothering defense. If you got behind, ground & pound wasn't a good way to catch up.

Majority of which are more famous for their pro careers than college

Bigger question is why would you want to remember all those names, their just football players, and next year there will be more football players

Back