Alabama QB Jalen Hurts in NCAA transfer portal, can be contacted by other schools

Majority of which are more famous for their pro careers than college

Bigger question is why would you want to remember all those names, their just football players, and next year there will be more football players

Because I enjoy the games. Those players all made great plays. Some never played in the NFL. Some, like Tyrone Prothro, were injured before they should have been finished playing in college. But they played the game with all their heart and skill.

Here is an amazing catch by Prothro that happened right in front of me:

As a fan of the game, and the team, that is memorable.

Well good for the Clemson people where you live. Of course, they are likely talking about Bryant, who quit immediately upon being benched. THAT is a quitter. Staying and helping the team, like Hurts did is a different matter, whether you can see it or not. Bryant got his panties in a wad. Hurts worked for the good of the team. And he was there when Alabama needed him in the SEC Championship.

The people at OU thought enough of Hurts to offer him a scholarship. And there is talk of OU potentially having 3 Heisman winners in a row.

The definition of quitter isn't based on a time frame but what one does.

When they mention Hurts by name, they're talking about Hurts, too. That you can't accept it proves your biased opinion is meaningless.

Time to wrap it up fellas, basketball season is upon us, and neither Alabama nor Mississippi are remembered by anyone for their deeds, past or present, on the hardwood

Time to wrap it up fellas, basketball season is upon us, and neither Alabama nor Mississippi are remembered by anyone for their deeds, past or present, on the hardwood

I'm not a fan of basketball. So I'll stick with football. There is still the final signing day for recruiting. Then the spring games. Then the buildup to the start of the 2019 season.

I'm not a fan of basketball. So I'll stick with football. There is still the final signing day for recruiting. Then the spring games. Then the buildup to the start of the 2019 season.

I'm with you. I watch how LSU recruiting is going, how the latest QB for them is doing in the spring, etc. I went nuts this past fall when the Tigers demolished GA.
If I could be a senior in H.S. again I'd probably have decided not to go there and gone to a smaller, quiter state U. but LSU was/is my school.

Last edited:
Sure you can, just like "cfm" can name Mississippi players, and the other guy Oklahoma, but that doesn't make them memorable outside of Alabama, Mississippi, or Oklahoma. Most college football fans couldn't tell you who Hurt was let alone where he will be next year

Why would I want to name Mississippi players? I have no ties to Mississippi football, the State of Mississippi, or anyone that lives or has lived there.

I'm with you. I watch how LSU recruiting is going, how the latest QB for them is doing in the spring, etc. I went nuts this past fall when the Tigers demolished GA.
If I could be a senior in H.S. again I'd probably have decided not to go there and gone to a smaller, quiter state U. but LSU was/is my school.

I went to UA and have never regretted it. It will always be "My School".

No excuse needed. He will compete. He will be a team player. It is what he has done at Alabama, and I see no reason for him to change.

He quit Alabama with a year left to play. It's obvious he quit because he was replaced. Saying anything else is an excuse.

You've already admitted you're biased and that, alone, invalidates anything else you say.

He quit Alabama with a year left to play. It's obvious he quit because he was replaced. Saying anything else is an excuse.

You've already admitted you're biased and that, alone, invalidates anything else you say.

Yes, I admitted my bias. I am a fan.

And yet, you have spent post after post trying to prove my bias. lol How pathetic is that?

Hurts got a full scholarship to play football. He started 28 games and went 26-2.
Then he graduated. Got his degree in 3 years.

Now he is going to play his final year of eligibility at another school.
The kid is 20 years old. He has earned his degree. He played in 3 National Championship games. He won 2 SEC Championships (one with some amazing play). He was named SEC Offensive Player of the Year and SEC Freshman of the Year. He was replaced as the starter (basically in January 2018) and stayed to play and support the team. Now, with only one more year of eligibility left, he opted to play somewhere else. And you rave on about him being a quitter. He has accomplished more in 20 years than you have probably accomplished in your life. But, as a 20 year old, he decided to pursue new opportunities, and you want to denigrate him as nothing. lol Talk about a bitter old man, you fit the bill.

If you think Jalen is a quitter, you are welcome to your opinion. OU and UA fans think of him as an excellent player and leader. I wonder which opinion he values?

Understandable, anyone who is a fan of Alabama most likely wouldn't be a fan of basketball, baseball, hockey, lacrosse track/field, volleyball, softball, soccer, gymnastics, crew, etc., or probably any women's sport, with all the momey going into football they generally suck in everything else.

The school doesn't view football as athletics but rather a business, at Alabama it is semi pro

Understandable, anyone who is a fan of Alabama most likely wouldn't be a fan of basketball, baseball, hockey, lacrosse track/field, volleyball, softball, soccer, gymnastics, crew, etc., or probably any women's sport, with all the momey going into football they generally suck in everything else.

The school doesn't view football as athletics but rather a business, at Alabama it is semi pro

Actually, the basketball program at Alabama is popular. I just don't care for the game.

As for the other sports, you are once again mistaken.

Crimson Tide baseball is tied with LSU for most SEC Championships, and they have been to the College World Series 5 times.

Crimson Tide women's softball started in 1997 and has been to the NCAA Tournament 18 times (every year since 1999). They have been to the Women's College World Series 8 times and won it in 2012.

Crimson Tide men's golf and women's golf are both well respected. In 2012 the women's team won the national title. In 2013 the men's team won it.

Crimson Tide women's gymnastics started in 1975. The squad did not have a winning season until the arrival of former coach Sarah Patterson in 1979. In the following 35 years under Patterson and her husband David, the squad won six NCAA national championships, seven SEC championships, 26 regional titles, and 248 All-American honors. It has placed in the top five at the NCAA Championships 25 of the past 29 years and won national championships six times: in 1988, 1991, 1996, 2002, and most recently won back to back titles in 2011 and 2012. Alabama has also won nine SEC Championships including 1988, 1990, 1995, 2000, 2003, 2009, 2011, 2014, and 2015.

And the fans show up for the meets. Gymnastics meets have an average attendance of over 13,000 at Coleman Coliseum. Meets against the team's arch-rival, the University of Georgia Gymdogs, often sell out. Alabama holds seven of the eleven NCAA records for the largest gymnastics crowds of all time, including an attendance of 15,162 fans on January 20, 2006.

The Crimson Tide's men's track and field program has produced numerous individual national champions, including Calvin Smith, the former world record holder in the 100-meter dash, Jan Johnson (pole vault), Gary England (shot put), Jeff Woodard (high jump), William Wuycke (1000 yards and 1000 meters), Emmit King (100 m), Keith Talley (55 m and 100 m hurdles), Andrew Owusu (long jump), Miguel Pate (long jump and NCAA national record), Mats Nilsson (javelin), Tim Broe (3000 m steeplechase), David Kimani (3000 m indoor and 5000 m), Kirani James (400 m), Diondre Batson (Indoor 200 meters), Hayden Reed (Discus) and the 4 × 100 meter relay team of Richard Beattie, Brad McQuaig, Eduardo Nava, and Clive Wright, and the mile relay team of Joe Coombs, Darroll Gatson, Tony Husbands, and Ike Levin.

Oh, and all of that I listed here are largely supported by the money made by the football team.

One recommendation for you. If you are going to make blanket statements about an institution, you might take a few seconds to Google it first. That way you don't make such foolish statements.

Actually, the basketball program at Alabama is popular. I just don't care for the game.

As for the other sports, you are once again mistaken.

Crimson Tide baseball is tied with LSU for most SEC Championships, and they have been to the College World Series 5 times.

Crimson Tide women's softball started in 1997 and has been to the NCAA Tournament 18 times (every year since 1999). They have been to the Women's College World Series 8 times and won it in 2012.

Crimson Tide men's golf and women's golf are both well respected. In 2012 the women's team won the national title. In 2013 the men's team won it.

Crimson Tide women's gymnastics started in 1975. The squad did not have a winning season until the arrival of former coach Sarah Patterson in 1979. In the following 35 years under Patterson and her husband David, the squad won six NCAA national championships, seven SEC championships, 26 regional titles, and 248 All-American honors. It has placed in the top five at the NCAA Championships 25 of the past 29 years and won national championships six times: in 1988, 1991, 1996, 2002, and most recently won back to back titles in 2011 and 2012. Alabama has also won nine SEC Championships including 1988, 1990, 1995, 2000, 2003, 2009, 2011, 2014, and 2015.

And the fans show up for the meets. Gymnastics meets have an average attendance of over 13,000 at Coleman Coliseum. Meets against the team's arch-rival, the University of Georgia Gymdogs, often sell out. Alabama holds seven of the eleven NCAA records for the largest gymnastics crowds of all time, including an attendance of 15,162 fans on January 20, 2006.

The Crimson Tide's men's track and field program has produced numerous individual national champions, including Calvin Smith, the former world record holder in the 100-meter dash, Jan Johnson (pole vault), Gary England (shot put), Jeff Woodard (high jump), William Wuycke (1000 yards and 1000 meters), Emmit King (100 m), Keith Talley (55 m and 100 m hurdles), Andrew Owusu (long jump), Miguel Pate (long jump and NCAA national record), Mats Nilsson (javelin), Tim Broe (3000 m steeplechase), David Kimani (3000 m indoor and 5000 m), Kirani James (400 m), Diondre Batson (Indoor 200 meters), Hayden Reed (Discus) and the 4 × 100 meter relay team of Richard Beattie, Brad McQuaig, Eduardo Nava, and Clive Wright, and the mile relay team of Joe Coombs, Darroll Gatson, Tony Husbands, and Ike Levin.

Oh, and all of that I listed here are largely supported by the money made by the football team.

So, if I am reading this correctly, and I'm sure you had to scroll thru umpteen University publications to get it, Alabama, who supposedly has all this money football raises, has had recognized success in softball/women gymnastics, most likely due to Title IX, moderate achievement in baseball, and pretty much mediocre achievement in every other sport. In other words, they have to invest something in women athletics due to the law

Nobody is ever going to confuse Alabama with a Duke, Stanford, BC or any Ivy League school, and regardless of how popular the basketball at Alabama is, it still sucks, all the money had to go to football to buy their success

So, if I am reading this correctly, and I'm sure you had to scroll thru umpteen University publications to get it, Alabama, who supposedly has all this money football raises, has had recognized success in softball/women gymnastics, most likely due to Title IX, moderate achievement in baseball, and pretty much mediocre achievement in every other sport. In other words, they have to invest something in women athletics due to the law

Nobody is ever going to confuse Alabama with a Duke, Stanford, BC or any Ivy League school, and regardless of how popular the basketball at Alabama is, it still sucks, all the money had to go to football to buy their success

No, I scrolled through one page after a Google search.

Title IX? How would Title IX help female athletes from one school beat female athletes from another school? Whether the sports exist or not might be Title IX, but not who wins.

I didn't go through all the sports. Just the ones that I knew excelled. Maybe winning a national title in a given sport is "mediocre achievement" to you. But to the rest of the world it is not. The Crimson Tide women's golf team did it in 2012 and the men's did it the following year.

All the money had to go to buy their success? We won the 2009 BCS Championship. That was only Saban's 3rd year as head coach. We hadn't made a lot of money. But Saban had recruited very, very well. And, incidently, that was the last football championship that was won by an undefeated team until this year.

First you try to make the claim that only football matters, and that other sports at Alabama aren't any good. Then, when you find out that you are wrong, you backtrack and try to claim it is all about Title IX and that Ivy League schools have better academics. lol

Truly hilarious.

Back