Alabama QB Jalen Hurts in NCAA transfer portal, can be contacted by other schools

Funny how you claim you've things in your life yet provide nothing verifiable to back it up.

What's funnier is you think a GPA of 3.96 from a JUNIOR college means anything. They let just about anyone in.

It was enough to get scholarships offered.

They did let just about everyone in. They can be more selective since more and more people are applying to go there.

I have posted this article at least 3 times, but you and archive seem to either ignore the link or forget what you read.

from: https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomvan...everyone-wants-to-go-to-alabama/#6827a9d4393a
"Since 2007, Tuscaloosa has swelled its undergraduate ranks by 33% to over 28,000 students. Faculty count has kept pace: up 400 since 2007 to over 1,700."

"For the admissions office, more applications mean more selectivity. Six years ago, 64% of students applying to the University of Alabama were accepted. By 2012, the acceptance rate had dropped to 53%. About one in four students from the 2012 freshman class carried a 4.0 high school GPA. The class also includes 241 National Merit Scholars, more than any other public university in the U.S."
(the Boldface is mine)

That's funny. Admitting you're biased then calling it the truth as you see it. What that means is what you call the truth isn't valid because it's biased. Claiming you have it under control is like the drug addict or alcoholic claiming he/she doesn't have a problem.

There you go again thinking agreement is the basis for something being correct.

I don't give a damn about quitters and he's a quitter. You don't know why I'm posting but you damn sure are going to pretend you're a mind reader.

I don't have to pretend anything. You posted that you don't give a damn about Hurts. So the actual topic is of no interest to you. You are posting to get a reaction. Nothing new.

If all it took was money, why to the 10 teams that spend the most not have the same success Alabama has had?

Don't no where you got the "ten teams that spend the most," but as I've said, it is Alabama and a handful of other schools that are competing, over ninety plus percent of Universities aren't attempting to buy a football program

https://www.businessinsider.com/schools-spend-most-money-football-team-2012-1
https://www.syracuse.com/orangefoot...ollege_football_where_does_syracuse_rank.html

Don't no where you got the "ten teams that spend the most," but as I've said, it is Alabama and a handful of other schools that are competing, over ninety plus percent of Universities aren't attempting to buy a football program

https://www.syracuse.com/orangefoot...ollege_football_where_does_syracuse_rank.html

You don't know where I got the "ten teams that spend the most"? Let me see if I can help. I posted a link, in a reply to you, that listed the 10 teams who spend the most. Alabama was not on that list. Perhaps you should actually read the links I post. That way when I refer back to them, you won't appear clueless.

Try looking at post #284. Alabama is not in the top 10 schools as far as spending on athletics. And yet, as far as football goes, no one is even close to what Alabama has done in the last 11 years.

And, as is shown in the Forbes article I have posted a link to several times, the academics and the students admitted are improving.

Also, what you seem to be willfully ignoring is that the University of Alabama is one of the most profitable football programs in the nation. When you spend $31 million and make a profit of $45 million, your program is helping the university greatly. It is not, as you have tried to say, taking away from academics. The academics are expanding (both the quality of the students and the number of professors) due to the revenues and exposure the football team is bringing to the university.

Now, which would you say is better? To spend $31 million, but bring in a profit of $45 million? Or to spend $2 million and have to write off the entire $2 million as an expenditure?

Last edited:
It was enough to get scholarships offered.

They did let just about everyone in. They can be more selective since more and more people are applying to go there.

I have posted this article at least 3 times, but you and archive seem to either ignore the link or forget what you read.

from: https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomvan...everyone-wants-to-go-to-alabama/#6827a9d4393a
"Since 2007, Tuscaloosa has swelled its undergraduate ranks by 33% to over 28,000 students. Faculty count has kept pace: up 400 since 2007 to over 1,700."

"For the admissions office, more applications mean more selectivity. Six years ago, 64% of students applying to the University of Alabama were accepted. By 2012, the acceptance rate had dropped to 53%. About one in four students from the 2012 freshman class carried a 4.0 high school GPA. The class also includes 241 National Merit Scholars, more than any other public university in the U.S."
(the Boldface is mine)

That's not saying much when they let just about everyone in.

As far as the bolded part is concerned, both of my children carried a higher than 4.0 GPA due to AP and Honors classes and having a merit scholar attend is a choice by that person not something Alabama did to draw them there. But do show your bias some more.

I don't have to pretend anything. You posted that you don't give a damn about Hurts. So the actual topic is of no interest to you. You are posting to get a reaction. Nothing new.

I personally don't give a damn about Hurts. That doesn't mean the fact that he's a quitter isn't worth addressing. I personally don't give a damn about you but it's fun to mock you and see what kind of reaction a snowflakes gives when someone doesn't agree with him.

That's not saying much when they let just about everyone in.

As far as the bolded part is concerned, both of my children carried a higher than 4.0 GPA due to AP and Honors classes and having a merit scholar attend is a choice by that person not something Alabama did to draw them there. But do show your bias some more.

The acceptance rate is 53%. Not MIT, but also not everyone either. The trends are looking good.

I personally don't give a damn about Hurts. That doesn't mean the fact that he's a quitter isn't worth addressing. I personally don't give a damn about you but it's fun to mock you and see what kind of reaction a snowflakes gives when someone doesn't agree with him.

I have plenty of conversdations with people who disagree with me. Mott is a prime example.

And you are posting over and over and over, on a topic you do not care about. Just to get a reaction. That is the classic example of a troll.

The acceptance rate is 53%. Not MIT, but also not everyone either. The trends are looking good.

I guess that's OK for the #129 ranked public school when it comes to "performance across a set of widely accepted indicators of excellence".

I have plenty of conversdations with people who disagree with me. Mott is a prime example.

And you are posting over and over and over, on a topic you do not care about. Just to get a reaction. That is the classic example of a troll.

Conversdations? Did they teach you how to spell at Alabama?

You, over and over, keep making excuses for a quitter while admitting bias. You claim to have it under control. That is a classic example of someone that needs help.

Try looking at post #284. Alabama is not in the top 10 schools as far as spending on athletics. And yet, as far as football goes, no one is even close to what Alabama has done in the last 11 years.

And, as is shown in the Forbes article I have posted a link to several times, the academics and the students admitted are improving.

Also, what you seem to be willfully ignoring is that the University of Alabama is one of the most profitable football programs in the nation. When you spend $31 million and make a profit of $45 million, your program is helping the university greatly. It is not, as you have tried to say, taking away from academics. The academics are expanding (both the quality of the students and the number of professors) due to the revenues and exposure the football team is bringing to the university.

Now, which would you say is better? To spend $31 million, but bring in a profit of $45 million? Or to spend $2 million and have to write off the entire $2 million as an expenditure?

As I explained at the time, your list is schools that spend the most on athelitcs, not football, athletics, meaning all sports at the school. I just gave sites that show what schools spend on their football programs, not all sports, just football, of which Alabama tops the list or is in the top three.

Again, everything shows Alabama is buying their football program, doing what they can to secure a semipro team to compete against amateurs. Succeeding at that goal is not a major accomplishment, it would be like praising the Penske team in NASCAR for beating the TRG Motorsports team eleven times in a row

Conversdations? Did they teach you how to spell at Alabama?

You, over and over, keep making excuses for a quitter while admitting bias. You claim to have it under control. That is a classic example of someone that needs help.

Really? You have sunk to critiqueing typos? Pathetic.

But let me ask you this. The players who leave for the NFL before they graduate, are they quitters too?

Really? You have sunk to critiqueing typos? Pathetic.

But let me ask you this. The players who leave for the NFL before they graduate, are they quitters too?

Really? I thought someone that claimed to have such a high GPA from a JUNIOR college wouldn't make such simple mistakes.

They're improving their situation. It's much like getting a promotion or accepting a higher level position at another company. It's not the same as leaving because you were replaced.

Really? I thought someone that claimed to have such a high GPA from a JUNIOR college wouldn't make such simple mistakes.

They're improving their situation. It's much like getting a promotion or accepting a higher level position at another company. It's not the same as leaving because you were replaced.

It was a typo. But if you want to pretend it reflects on my education, go right ahead.

And Jalen Hurts is not improving his situation?

It was a typo. But if you want to pretend it reflects on my education, go right ahead.

And Jalen Hurts is not improving his situation?

The typo occurred when you made it. After that, it's considered not paying attention. One would think someone claiming to have such a high GPA would pay more attention. But it was a JUNIOR college.

No, he's not. He'll be in the same position at the same level he was in before he QUIT Alabama because he was replaced. Seems you already have him starting before a single snap has taken place.

The typo occurred when you made it. After that, it's considered not paying attention. One would think someone claiming to have such a high GPA would pay more attention. But it was a JUNIOR college.

No, he's not. He'll be in the same position at the same level he was in before he QUIT Alabama because he was replaced. Seems you already have him starting before a single snap has taken place.

So working under a coach that is known for high caliber offenses and teaching QBs to be better passers is not an improvement?

No, I am not saying he will be the starter. The backup QB last year was a 4 or 5 star recruit. A 5 star recruit is coming in this year. Hurts will compete for the starting position like he did his freshman year at Alabama.

A typo is a typo. If it means I am not careful when posting to a troll, I can live with that. Obviously it is rare for me.

As for the junior college, it was the smartest move. For the most part, the basic courses are the same regardless of the school. Paying lower tuition and having a more flexible schedule makes it easier for adults to go back to school.

Last edited:
So working under a coach that is known for high caliber offenses and teaching QBs to be better passers is not an improvement?

No, I am saying he will be the starter. The backup QB last year was a 4 or 5 star recruit. A 5 star recruit is coming in this year. Hurts will compete for the starting position like he did his freshman year at Alabama.

A typo is a typo. If it means I am not careful when posting to a troll, I can live with that. Obviously it is rare for me.

As for the junior college, it was the smartest move. For the most part, the basic courses are the same regardless of the school. Paying lower tuition and having a more flexible schedule makes it easier for adults to go back to school.

Are you saying Alabama didn't have a high caliber offense? 45.3 ppg is pretty high caliber by anyone's standard.

Are you a coach at Oklahoma? You don't get to make that decision. Kelly Bryant was the starter when last season started. He, like Hurts, was replaced. He, like Hurts, quit because of it.

A typo is the action. Not correcting it means you weren't paying attention but do continue to make excuses.

The basic courses aren't the same. It's called a JUNIOR college for a reason. If they were the same, JUNIOR wouldn't be a part of it. JUNIOR college is like 13th and 14th grade.

Are you saying Alabama didn't have a high caliber offense? 45.3 ppg is pretty high caliber by anyone's standard.

Are you a coach at Oklahoma? You don't get to make that decision. Kelly Bryant was the starter when last season started. He, like Hurts, was replaced. He, like Hurts, quit because of it.

A typo is the action. Not correcting it means you weren't paying attention but do continue to make excuses.

The basic courses aren't the same. It's called a JUNIOR college for a reason. If they were the same, JUNIOR wouldn't be a part of it. JUNIOR college is like 13th and 14th grade.

No, didn’t say Alabama didn’t have a high caliber offense. I said Lincoln Riley is known for his high caliber offenses and for teaching QBs.

Jeez, you are harping on nonsense. I post in the morning as I am having coffee and surfing a few different sites. Have you seen many typos from me? No. Are you claiming you never make typos?

Freshman level history classes and the like are basically the same. At bigger universities they are typically taught by grad students. I saved money and could continue to work to support my family.

No, didn’t say Alabama didn’t have a high caliber offense. I said Lincoln Riley is known for his high caliber offenses and for teaching QBs.

Jeez, you are harping on nonsense. I post in the morning as I am having coffee and surfing a few different sites. Have you seen many typos from me? No. Are you claiming you never make typos?

Freshman level history classes and the like are basically the same. At bigger universities they are typically taught by grad students. I saved money and could continue to work to support my family.

Why would he need to go if where he is already has one? You keep proving the claim he's a quitter because he was replaced. If Alabama has a high caliber offense, your belief that his leaving for Oklahoma is an improvement is also discredited.

No, I make typos. The red line underneath the word indicates one was made. The difference is I correct mine and you get your panties in a wad when someone points out you didn't pay attention.

No they're not. They may cover the same periods of history but if you think that the level of instruction at a JUNIOR college is the same as a university, I question your claim about a 3.96 GPA.

Back