Alabama QB Jalen Hurts in NCAA transfer portal, can be contacted by other schools

Archives, exactly what is your complaint with Alabama football?

You originally accused them of cheating, but subsequently stopped that line of critique.

Is it the money spent? Other schools spend huge amounts of money on research and make a profit from it. Some schools spend huge amounts of money on other sports and make a profit from it. What is it about football that is so offensive to you?

No, I scrolled through one page after a Google search.

Title IX? How would Title IX help female athletes from one school beat female athletes from another school? Whether the sports exist or not might be Title IX, but not who wins.

I didn't go through all the sports. Just the ones that I knew excelled. Maybe winning a national title in a given sport is "mediocre achievement" to you. But to the rest of the world it is not. The Crimson Tide women's golf team did it in 2012 and the men's did it the following year.

All the money had to go to buy their success? We won the 2009 BCS Championship. That was only Saban's 3rd year as head coach. We hadn't made a lot of money. But Saban had recruited very, very well. And, incidently, that was the last football championship that was won by an undefeated team until this year.

First you try to make the claim that only football matters, and that other sports at Alabama aren't any good. Then, when you find out that you are wrong, you backtrack and try to claim it is all about Title IX and that Ivy League schools have better academics. lol

Truly hilarious.

But I am not wrong, far from it, your own "proof" shows mediocre success in any sport other than football and a few women sports, which as I said is probably only due to Title IX. For a school that has been around as long Alabama, assuming it has been around awhile, winning one golf title, or having an individual achieve some recognition, isn't success for a school that supposedly raises all these millions on football for the other sports at the school

Now why could that be? You don't think that just maybe the millions the school has decided to spend on football coaches, or recruitment budgets, or maybe the millions approved for football facilities was that funding that a lot of other institutions would have spent on their other sports?

They buy a football program, simple, at Alabama football is semipro, in an arena that most schools that still consider it an amateur endeavor, they should be one of the top five or six, it is not a huge accomplishment

But I am not wrong, far from it, your own "proof" shows mediocre success in any sport other than football and a few women sports, which as I said is probably only due to Title IX. For a school that has been around as long Alabama, assuming it has been around awhile, winning one golf title, or having an individual achieve some recognition, isn't success for a school that supposedly raises all these millions on football for the other sports at the school

Now why could that be? You don't think that just maybe the millions the school has decided to spend on football coaches, or recruitment budgets, or maybe the millions approved for football facilities was that funding that a lot of other institutions would have spent on their other sports?

They buy a football program, simple, at Alabama football is semipro, in an arena that most schools that still consider it an amateur endeavor, they should be one of the top five or six, it is not a huge accomplishment

There is a huge focus on football, that is not questioned. But we have had football at Alabama since the 1890s.

If you spent as much on golf or women's gymnastics or softball or even baseball, you might have more championships. But the money would be spent without a return. The simple fact is that no other college sport brings in the revenue like football. The NCAA Basketball tournament pays decent money, but no other sport has anything close. And football pays millions to each team in the conference of the winner.

You keep saying "semi-pro". So? The athletes are still amateurs, regardless of whether the facilities at the schools are the best or the worst. The coaches and staff are professionals, but the athletes are amateurs. They get an education in exchange for their endeavors. Whether they take advantage of that opportunity or not is totally up to the athlete. The person named in the OP took advantage of it. He earned his degree in 3 years.

Also, just spending money on athletics does not guarantee anything.

https://www.sportsmanagementdegreehub.com/the-universities-that-spend-the-most-on-athletics/

That website shows the top 10 schools in spending on athletics. The University of Alabama is not on that list.

https://www.businessinsider.com/sch...7-11#4-university-of-oklahoma-1504-million-24

That website shows which schools have the greatest revenue from their athletics. The University of Alabama is #3. (women's basketball brings in $1 million, men's basketball brings in $14 million, and football brings in $98.6 million). The #1 team in both spending and revenues is the University of Texas.

Alabama has $29.7 million in donations and $66.3 million licensing/rights (merchandising).
#2 on this list is Ohio State. They have $33.1 million in donations and $60.4 in licensing/rights.
#1 on this list is Texas. They have $42.2million in donations and $75 million in licensing/rights.

So 2 schools get more in donations (mainly from alumni) and one gets more in licensing/rights. Neither of those two are on the same level of winning as Alabama. The last time Texas played for a National Championship in football was in 2009. And they lost to Alabama.

So you have to do more than spend money.

Yes, I admitted my bias. I am a fan.

And yet, you have spent post after post trying to prove my bias. lol How pathetic is that?

Hurts got a full scholarship to play football. He started 28 games and went 26-2.
Then he graduated. Got his degree in 3 years.

Now he is going to play his final year of eligibility at another school.
The kid is 20 years old. He has earned his degree. He played in 3 National Championship games. He won 2 SEC Championships (one with some amazing play). He was named SEC Offensive Player of the Year and SEC Freshman of the Year. He was replaced as the starter (basically in January 2018) and stayed to play and support the team. Now, with only one more year of eligibility left, he opted to play somewhere else. And you rave on about him being a quitter. He has accomplished more in 20 years than you have probably accomplished in your life. But, as a 20 year old, he decided to pursue new opportunities, and you want to denigrate him as nothing. lol Talk about a bitter old man, you fit the bill.

If you think Jalen is a quitter, you are welcome to your opinion. OU and UA fans think of him as an excellent player and leader. I wonder which opinion he values?

Then you admitted you can't have a valid opinion. Bias prevents that. That's what's been proven yet you continue giving an invalid opinion. That's pathetic.

He quit. Why he quit, and it was because he was replaced, is the key point. That you call it pursuing new opportunities is the bias showing.

Since you know nothing about what I've accomplished in life, making a statement like that proves your stupidity. Perhaps you're a bitter old man because your wife quit on you.

I don't really care which opinion he values. Unlike you, I don't support quitters and make excuses for them. He's done it once. What makes you think he won't quit again under similar circumstances.

Last edited:
One recommendation for you. If you are going to make blanket statements about an institution, you might take a few seconds to Google it first. That way you don't make such foolish statements.

You shouldn't claim to be biased, state an opinion and expect anyone but another of your kind to consider it valid.

Archives, exactly what is your complaint with Alabama football?

You originally accused them of cheating, but subsequently stopped that line of critique.

Is it the money spent? Other schools spend huge amounts of money on research and make a profit from it. Some schools spend huge amounts of money on other sports and make a profit from it. What is it about football that is so offensive to you?

Not offensive at all, I'm just clarifying it, Alabama spends more money to acquire a football team, they purchase thier program.

There is nothing wrong with that, a handfuls of other schools do it also, although consensus would most likely agree funding research meets more the purpose of any educational institution, but don't try to sell this idea Alabama's success is some historical accomplishment, it is a semipro team in a sport where most teams are playing at an amateur level

Plus there is something lacking when the reputation of a State's leading public University is nearly totally based upon a football program and the millions of dollars they pay their coaches

Then you admitted you can't have a valid opinion. Bias prevents that. That's what's been proven yet you continue giving an invalid opinion. That's pathetic.

He quit. Why he quit, and it was because he was replaced, is the key point. That you call it pursuing new opportunities is the bias showing.

Since you know nothing about what I've accomplished in life, making a statement like that proves your stupidity. Perhaps you're a bitter old man because your wife quit on you.

I don't really care which opinion he values. Unlike you, I don't support quitters and make excuses for them. He's done it once. What makes you think he won't quit again under similar circumstances.

I am a fan of the Crimson Tide. Yes, I am biased. Not unreasonably so, but I have admitted a bias.

You, on the other hand, have admitted you don't really give a damn where Jalen Hurts goes or what he does. Which means you are in this discussion for the reaction you can garner from me.

You shouldn't claim to be biased, state an opinion and expect anyone but another of your kind to consider it valid.

I am not so biased that I cannot recognize what other teams do or don't do. I have had discussion with numerous people here and I simply provided info.

Not offensive at all, I'm just clarifying it, Alabama spends more money to acquire a football team, they purchase thier program.

There is nothing wrong with that, a handfuls of other schools do it also, although consensus would most likely agree funding research meets more the purpose of any educational institution, but don't try to sell this idea Alabama's success is some historical accomplishment, it is a semipro team in a sport where most teams are playing at an amateur level

Plus there is something lacking when the reputation of a State's leading public University is nearly totally based upon a football program and the millions of dollars they pay their coaches

The University of Alabama has a respectable reputation where academics are concerned. Are they on the level with Yale or MIT? No. But then, most universities aren't.

I am a fan of the Crimson Tide. Yes, I am biased. Not unreasonably so, but I have admitted a bias.

You, on the other hand, have admitted you don't really give a damn where Jalen Hurts goes or what he does. Which means you are in this discussion for the reaction you can garner from me.

Oh, the my bias is under control excuse. Bullshit.

What I'm doing is proving that you're so full of shit your eyes are brown and it's coming out your ears. You're the one that refuses to admit he's a quitter and why he left. That's because the bias you think you have under control is controlling you.

I am not so biased that I cannot recognize what other teams do or don't do. I have had discussion with numerous people here and I simply provided info.

Bias doesn't keep people from recognizing others.. Your bias is so bad it keeps you from acknowledging info others provide you about your team that you get your panties in a wad when someone does it. Kelly Bryant and Jalen Hurts both left their schools because they were replaced. You call Bryant a quitter and defend Hurts by making excuses yet claim your bias is under control.

The University of Alabama has a respectable reputation where academics are concerned. Are they on the level with Yale or MIT? No. But then, most universities aren't.

I think we have been thru this, "respectable" if you consider being ranked #129th as "respectable," and it is the State's flagship University, they accept over half the kids that apply, not what one would label selective

https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/university-of-alabama-1051

And that is irrelevant, although you would think someone along the way might ask why we can't find a middle ground between striving for #1 in football and living with #129 in reputation.

Point being, as has been said repeatedly here, Alabama has decided to buy a top football program, regardless of the oppportunity cost, to compete as a semipro team in an amateur sport, succeeding at it is not an noteworthy accomplishment

I think we have been thru this, "respectable" if you consider being ranked #129th as "respectable," and it is the State's flagship University, they accept over half the kids that apply, not what one would label selective

And that is irrelevant, although you would think someone along the way might ask why we can't find a middle ground between striving for #1 in football and living with #129 in reputation.

Point being, as has been said repeatedly here, Alabama has decided to buy a top football program, regardless of the oppportunity cost, to compete as a semipro team in an amateur sport, succeeding at it is not an noteworthy accomplishment

In comparison, Clemson University is #66.

As for graduation rate, the flagship campus at Tuscaloosa has a 4 year graduation rate of 42.7% and a 6 year rate of 66.7%.

To compare, Clemson has a 59.% 4 year rate and a 82.5% 6 year rate.

Oh, the my bias is under control excuse. Bullshit.

What I'm doing is proving that you're so full of shit your eyes are brown and it's coming out your ears. You're the one that refuses to admit he's a quitter and why he left. That's because the bias you think you have under control is controlling you.

If that were the case I would have made excuses for any losses Alabama had. I didn't. I simply stated the truth, as I see it, about Jalen Hurts. His talent can earn him a living. But only if he is seen. He stayed because he wanted to help the team. There are numerous people in the sports world who agree with me. And many are not Alabama fans.

And, once again, you have stated that you don't give a damn a bout Jalen Hurts. YOu are posting to get the reaction.

If all it took was money, why to the 10 teams that spend the most not have the same success Alabama has had?

If that were the case I would have made excuses for any losses Alabama had. I didn't. I simply stated the truth, as I see it, about Jalen Hurts. His talent can earn him a living. But only if he is seen. He stayed because he wanted to help the team. There are numerous people in the sports world who agree with me. And many are not Alabama fans.

And, once again, you have stated that you don't give a damn a bout Jalen Hurts. YOu are posting to get the reaction.

That's funny. Admitting you're biased then calling it the truth as you see it. What that means is what you call the truth isn't valid because it's biased. Claiming you have it under control is like the drug addict or alcoholic claiming he/she doesn't have a problem.

There you go again thinking agreement is the basis for something being correct.

I don't give a damn about quitters and he's a quitter. You don't know why I'm posting but you damn sure are going to pretend you're a mind reader.

I transferred from a Junior College with a GPA of 3.96. Funny that you talk shit when I mention what you have done with your life, but you pretend to know all about me.

Funny how you claim you've things in your life yet provide nothing verifiable to back it up.

What's funnier is you think a GPA of 3.96 from a JUNIOR college means anything. They let just about anyone in.

Back