Alabama QB Jalen Hurts in NCAA transfer portal, can be contacted by other schools

Obviously you care who wins. When Alabama loses you harp on it. YOu try and demean the wins.

You are every bit as biased as I am. The difference is, you do it out of spite. It all started when I said "we" when I referred to Alabama.

You claim I care. Whether a team wins or loses on Saturday doesn't change what I do or how I do it on Sunday through Friday. For you, not so much.

There can't be any spite since whether they win or lose, as stated, doesn't change a damn thing for me. It's fun watching someone that has claimed to be biased get upset and whine when others don't agree with him.

As for the "we", when you put on a jersey, practice, and get on the field, call yourself we.

I defended the fact that they are experts.

How would losing to a dynasty be an upset? And the dynasty part is the overall result of multiple seasons.

The experts you defend claimed they were upsets. Are you saying they were wrong?

Here's your chance. Were they upsets?

The experts you defend as experts called them upsets. Are you saying they're experts except in that claim?

The only chance Citadel had to defeat Alabama was before the opening kickoff. But do keep pretending if it makes you feel better. That would be an upset but you and I both know there was never a chance of it happening unless Alabama suffered the same tragedy as Marshall did in 1970.

No, they are still experts. They were just wrong. None of the people who predict the outcome of games is right 100% of the time.

The experts you defend claimed they were upsets. Are you saying they were wrong?

Here's your chance. Were they upsets?

I have already explained it to you. The experts predict the outcome of the games. Where the Alabama v. Clemson game was concerned, the margin was small. But most predicted Bama would win. So yes, it was an upset.

It is also about the rankings. Any time a lower ranked team beats a higher ranked team, it is considered an upset.

I have already explained it to you. The experts predict the outcome of the games. Where the Alabama v. Clemson game was concerned, the margin was small. But most predicted Bama would win. So yes, it was an upset.

It is also about the rankings. Any time a lower ranked team beats a higher ranked team, it is considered an upset.

An upset, by definition, is an unexpected win. Are you saying no one expected Clemson to win?

Both teams can't be #1. Had the roles been reversed and Alabama won, it wouldn't have been an upset.

I think what upsets you is that Alabama got their ass kicked as badly as they did.

An upset, by definition, is an unexpected win. Are you saying no one expected Clemson to win?

Both teams can't be #1. Had the roles been reversed and Alabama won, it wouldn't have been an upset.

I think what upsets you is that Alabama got their ass kicked as badly as they did.

If Clemson had been #1 and Alabama had won the game, it would have been an upset.

If for no other reason than the fact that Clemson struggled against some unranked or lower ranked teams, while Alabama did not, there was a prediction that Alabama would win. There were people who picked Clemson. But the majority picked Alabama. The Vegas lines were close enough to be the equivalent of an even game.

You have now but your reasoning is faulty, as proven.

You have proven nothing of the kind.

Except that you don't mind stretching the truth.

You keep harping on the fact that it was called an upset. Who called it an upset? Sports experts? But you also have mocked my use of the words of experts.

If Clemson had been #1 and Alabama had won the game, it would have been an upset.

If for no other reason than the fact that Clemson struggled against some unranked or lower ranked teams, while Alabama did not, there was a prediction that Alabama would win. There were people who picked Clemson. But the majority picked Alabama. The Vegas lines were close enough to be the equivalent of an even game.

No it wouldn't have been an upset. Citadel beating Alabama would. If the Vegas lines considered it an even game, neither one winning was an upset. That gives you Alabama fans an out and something for which you can use as an excuse.

You have proven nothing of the kind.

Except that you don't mind stretching the truth.

You keep harping on the fact that it was called an upset. Who called it an upset? Sports experts? But you also have mocked my use of the words of experts.

I've proven you're a biased, blinded Alabama fan. In fact, you were kind enough to admit you're biased.

You called it an upset.

I mocked you and you kept coming back for more.

Just FYI, in the BCS Championship game in January of 2013, #1 Notre Dame lost to #2 Alabama. It was called an upset.

I've proven you're a biased, blinded Alabama fan. In fact, you were kind enough to admit you're biased.

You called it an upset.

I mocked you and you kept coming back for more.

You missed my point, yet again. Yes, I called it an upset. The higher ranked team is always expected to win.

But YOU are quoting experts who called it an upset, just after mocking me for referring to the experts.

No it wouldn't have been an upset. Citadel beating Alabama would. If the Vegas lines considered it an even game, neither one winning was an upset. That gives you Alabama fans an out and something for which you can use as an excuse.

I don't need an out. Alabama had a great season and then ended it by getting our ass kicked. Clemson had a great season and played a great game to beat Alabama.

I need no excuses.

Just FYI, in the BCS Championship game in January of 2013, #1 Notre Dame lost to #2 Alabama. It was called an upset.

Yet it wasn't an upset. Alabama's loss to Texas A/M that year was.

When you get to that game, one team beating another is not an upset. What's upsetting you is the ass kicking Alabama took.

Who said anything about opening doors? I was talking about rigerous field of study. I learned more in one year of graduate work than in four years of undergraduate. The difference is exponentially harder. Ivy League schools are certainly rigerous but it’s not even remotely close to as difficult as earning a graduate degree at State U.

You’re not going to find anyone who attended graduate school, even those who did their undergraduate work at an Ivy League School Who is going to agree with you. The main distinction of attending an Ivy League School is Social. They’re not really any more difficult than a top tier public school or most accredited private liberal arts colleges.[/QUOTE

Still disagree, and I have a MS, Ivy League schools are extremely competitive, and given that their populace are generally the cream'of the crop, they are more than just "social"

My son has a friend who is a "checker" at the UA. His job is to check and make sure the football players are attending class. It is a program put in by Saban. He is adamant about athletes getting their degrees.

I am not naive. I simply do not convict every athlete at every school based on what was found at a handful of schools.

Come on, "my son has a friend," so you think your son's friend would ever tell Sabin that Tagovailoa was skipping his Bowling class?

Yet it wasn't an upset. Alabama's loss to Texas A/M that year was.

When you get to that game, one team beating another is not an upset. What's upsetting you is the ass kicking Alabama took.

I'm not happy about losing. But I am not whining or complaining.

And yes, the 2013 BCS championship win was considered an upset. At least by the same sports people who called the Clemson win an upset.

Back