Almost tis the season for

Do you enjoy a good burger or steak? Does it please you when you do? Couldn't the argument be made based on how you are questioning me that any enjoyment of a meat related meal could be considered cruel or endorsing cruelty on your part then? Paying someone else to produce a fish dinner when I can go catch the fish, process the fish, and cook the fish myself just doesn't appeal to me. I do go out to restaurants too obviously but i'd rather do it myself since I know where it's coming from and how it was killed and processed.

does your family get together and have a party to dig family graves because its so fun

main-qimg-374658a2a83aee4f37b42900cbc92caf-c

SPORT

Last edited:
does your family get together and have a party to dig family graves because its so fun

No we don't, but when my dad and I go hunting its a great time to bond and spend time together. If we happen to get lucky enough to harvest an animal for food then it's just a good bonus.

No we don't, but when my dad and I go hunting its a great time to bond and spend time together. If we happen to get lucky enough to harvest an animal for food then it's just a good bonus.

Plants are "harvested". Animals are killed and slaughtered.
You don't have to kill in order to survive.
You kill because you enjoy killing.
You should be ashamed.

Plants are "harvested". Animals are killed and slaughtered.
You don't have to kill in order to survive.
You kill because you enjoy killing.
You should be ashamed.

I'm not ashamed of enjoying hunting and fishing. Humans have been hunting and fishing for food for thousands of years and everything I kill or that my dad or my brother kills is never wasted. If you eat meat in any way then it had to die for you to eat it, even at a restaurant.

I'm not ashamed of enjoying hunting and fishing. Humans have been hunting and fishing for food for thousands of years and everything I kill or that my dad or my brother kills is never wasted. If you eat meat in any way then it had to die for you to eat it, even at a restaurant.

You do not have to personally kill. You personally kill for the personal enjoyment it brings to you.
You can not be proud of the lust you have for bringing death to a sentient animal.
Whether or not you waste food is irrelevant to this conversation.

You do not have to personally kill. You personally kill for the personal enjoyment it brings to you.
You can not be proud of the lust you have for bringing death to a sentient animal.
Whether or not you waste food is irrelevant to this conversation.

May I ask you if you consider eating meat at say a restaurant as an endorsement for the act of killing that animal that you are eating? When you eat and enjoy a steak aren't you making it possible for sentient animals to be killed for you and in the future for you? Do you condemn the person that kills the cow that provided you with that steak?

Is it cruel to raise cattle for slaughter and then have that meat sold to stores or restaurants like what happens to the cattle back at my parents house, or is it only cruel to shoot and kill one deer and have that meat feed a family for a good amount of time?

Speaking as a dad I can assure you that he cherishes these opportunities more than you know.

Speaking as a dad I can assure you that he cherishes these opportunities more than you know.

Thanks he's always been very supportive of all of my interests from hunting and fishing to barrel racing and my horses to raising FFA competition livestock.

I can understand that, hunting isn't for everybody. I don't like to see animals suffer either and so it's why if you do hunt that you know what you're doing and you take it seriously.

you are hunting because it's fun to kill things. I assure you that you weren't pulled to it initially because of the great calling of making sure to keep the population at an equilibrium with their environment. Don't lie to yourself. When you pull that trigger and you see an animal flop over dead, it gives you a rush. Humans have been hunters for millennia. It's in your blood. Embrace it.

Back