Almost tis the season for

I wouldn't describe the killing part as fun like fun in the same way as other hobbies and interests of mine, but more of a combination of excitement, bonding, learning, and satisfaction. It's exciting to go out in the woods and do something so primitive and instinctual. It's bonding because you get to spend time with your family or friends that go with you. You learn because you learn from mistakes that you make and how to do things better while out there. And satisfaction knowing that you have secured good food for yourself or others that you didn't have to rely on anyone else for. Does that make sense?
I would.

I mean people these days are so disconnected from where their food comes from that it's pathetic. Most have never gutted a fish let alone raised a hog and butchered it.

humans are omnivores

I eat meat

I have fished

its not my fav

I just cant imagine combining killing things with fun
It's mostly not. In hunting the kill is anticlimactic. It's the hunt that's fun and challenging. It gives you a greater appreciation and connection to your food to know what it is and where it came from and how it got to your plate.

One of the most troubling things I've ever experiences is butchering a hog. The hog knows...oh boy...this is it...their going to kill me...and they act accordingly. They freak out. They panic. They grieve. It's not a pleasant experience...but when all is said and done...those center cut chops sure are tasty. :)

View attachment 3349

This is me and my dad on our property with fish that we caught. Is this more cruel or less cruel to you all than it is buying the same fish at a restaurant for dinner or packaged at a store? Is it different than killing a deer or duck?
OMG Nora! You should be ashamed. Only one of those would be a legal keeper up here. You should have tossed them babies back...let em grow up a bit.

I choose not to dig graves too

Its not fun

Its why we pay others to do it
Yea...I hear you....but you would learn from the experience of raising live stock and butchering it for the table. It's a complex interrelated conflicting experience but, as Norah pointed out, connects you to the food you eat. That's not a bad thing. Food just doesn't happen and appear on your plate.

you are hunting because it's fun to kill things. I assure you that you weren't pulled to it initially because of the great calling of making sure to keep the population at an equilibrium with their environment. Don't lie to yourself. When you pull that trigger and you see an animal flop over dead, it gives you a rush. Humans have been hunters for millennia. It's in your blood. Embrace it.
What the hell would you know? The only thing you've ever hunted are open Taco Bells at 3 am.

May I ask you if you consider eating meat at say a restaurant as an endorsement for the act of killing that animal that you are eating? When you eat and enjoy a steak aren't you making it possible for sentient animals to be killed for you and in the future for you? Do you condemn the person that kills the cow that provided you with that steak?

I personally do not eat steak and I personally do not chose to kill
Killing is a choice.
Admit to yourself that you chose to kill for the thrill of killing and no other reason.

Is it cruel to raise cattle for slaughter and then have that meat sold to stores or restaurants like what happens to the cattle back at my parents house, or is it only cruel to shoot and kill one deer and have that meat feed a family for a good amount of time?

You chose to kill for the thrill of bringing death to another.
You are not killing because you are hungry or to save money.
Don't lie.
The thrill of the kill is the attraction.

Last edited:
Nothing saddens me as an outdoorsman than the advent of hunting season. It is a harbinger of the worst news of the year. Fishing season will soon be over.

I hate fishing. Granted, I don't hunt, but it seems like it would be a good deal more fun than fishing. That said, when I accompany my friends, I can kick back and enjoy all of the beer that I provide to my heart's content. Probably wouldn't do that while hunting.

I hate fishing. Granted, I don't hunt, but it seems like it would be a good deal more fun than fishing. That said, when I accompany my friends, I can kick back and enjoy all of the beer that I provide to my heart's content. Probably wouldn't do that while hunting.

Many do.

but do you ever ask yourself why killing is fun for you

You would never understand because you are an idiot.

You could never fend for yourself if you had to. If the shit ever hit the fan you would be one of the first to die. There would be no market for a dried up old crack head who had her kids taken away

You chose to kill for the thrill of bringing death to another.
You are not killing because you are hungry or to save money.
Don't lie.
The thrill of the kill is the attraction.

Yes there is a thrill to it. But there is a pleasure knowing where your food came from and knowing you provided it for yourself. You will never understand.

Also having the rack of a 7 point buck on your wall is pretty cool too

Yes there is a thrill to it. But there is a pleasure knowing where your food came from and knowing you provided it for yourself. You will never understand.

Also having the rack of a 7 point buck on your wall is pretty cool too

You are less than a human being.
Your opinion is of no consequence.

This message is hidden because Teflon Don is on your ignore list.

This message is hidden because I Love America is on your ignore list.

By order of the Brotherhood, give the above lame no reply. Strike line.

Back