Amazing contrast, McCain v. Obama...

True, they would say he was vacationing with the enemy, while his fellow troops were fighting.

GOP Delegates mock Kerry with 'purple heart' bandages

Wednesday, September 1, 2004 Posted: 12:43 PM EDT (1643 GMT)

NEW YORK (CNN) -- Delegates to the Republican National Convention found a new way to take a jab at Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry's Vietnam service record: by sporting adhesive bandages with small purple hearts on them

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/08/30/gop.purple.hearts/

r3829590006.jpg

I hope Republicans are proud of themselves.

WRL? What do you think?

You're sitting here mocking a guy who can't raise his arms because he was tortured for five years. How are you one to be talking or casting stones?

True, they would say he was vacationing with the enemy, while his fellow troops were fighting.
It was Bailey, Murtha's Democratic opponent in the Primary, that called into question Murtha's Purple Hearts. It was not his Republican opponent.

It was Bailey, Murtha's Democratic opponent in the Primary, that called into question Murtha's Purple Hearts. It was not his Republican opponent.

I was not talking about Murtha, I was talking about what the REPUBLICANS did to Kerry!

He did admit to being a black pirate and said something about Americans being war criminals. I dont hold that against him at all. But imagine had Kerry done that?

Kerry DID do that.... no wait... he simply came back and stated that OTHER Vietnam vets were war criminals.

I was not talking about Murtha, I was talking about what the REPUBLICANS did to Kerry!

I agree that there was a lot of bullshit from the right as to the extent of Kerry's wounds. He probably should have simply released his medical records pertaining to the wounds and then it would have been over and done with.

As for what was said about his actions after the war. As far as I am concerned he deserved every bit of what he got. But his service should not have been questioned in the manner it was... unless it was by those who served directly with Kerry.

I agree that there was a lot of bullshit from the right as to the extent of Kerry's wounds. He probably should have simply released his medical records pertaining to the wounds and then it would have been over and done with.

As for what was said about his actions after the war. As far as I am concerned he deserved every bit of what he got. But his service should not have been questioned in the manner it was... unless it was by those who served directly with Kerry.

Ohh, so it was Kerry's fault because he did not release his own personal records! I see.

After the war he was brave enought to call a spade a spadel.

Ohh, so it was Kerry's fault because he did not release his own personal records! I see.

Is that what I said cypress? I mean Jarod.

No, it is not. I did not say it was his fault. I said he probably should have done so as that would have put an end to the wild speculation. Using hindsight, I would think Kerry would agree as then it would not have been such a drain from the issues.

Is that what I said cypress? I mean Jarod.

No, it is not. I did not say it was his fault. I said he probably should have done so as that would have put an end to the wild speculation. Using hindsight, I would think Kerry would agree as then it would not have been such a drain from the issues.

Maybe the records said he had the clap.

Get some sleep man. You are starting to sound as deranged as the resident idiot.

He could have easily released the records PERTAINING TO THE WOUNDS RECEIVED IN BATTLE.

Maybe McCain should demand that the Vietnamese release all their prison records, to prove McCain was actually tortured.

If you feel like Kerry's honesty should be questioned, let's apply the same standard to McCain. Maybe McCain lied about being tortured. :rolleyes:

Maybe McCain should demand that the Vietnamese release all their prison records, to prove McCain was actually tortured.

If you feel like Kerry's honesty should be questioned, let's apply the same standard to McCain. Maybe McCain lied about being tortured. :rolleyes:
He didn't say it should be questioned. That is disingenuous. He said that it would have ended all that idiotic speculation so we could get to the issues. Still we are talking about this idiocy rather than how stupid he was to begin with.

Back