Amazing contrast, McCain v. Obama...

By the way, John O'Neill, the leader of the SBVFT, had this to say after Kerry signed the From 180 and released all of his records:
From the post directly above yours:

I think it would have took the wind from their sails. While they might have tried to continue whatever it is they were trying, it would have no meat, people would not listen and therefore we could focus on the issues. As we mostly did on the sites at the time.

The reality is, he wouldn't have been releasing them for the SBVFT, he would have released them to take the wind from their sails. Those guys would not be the "target" of the release.

I think it would have took the wind from their sails. While they might have tried to continue whatever it is they were trying, it would have no meat, people would not listen and therefore we could focus on the issues. As we mostly did on the sites at the time.

I believe that you believe this too, but I wouldn't suggest you are disingenuous for saying he shouldn't release the records for any other reason.

What Cypress did that was disingenuous is pretend that I was "demanding a release" of the records. I seriously couldn't have cared and still can't care any less about them. The power of distraction is obvious when four years later we can still have a discussion this long about something I believed was idiotic and time consuming then...

Okay, but I still belive you know better than to belive that Kerry releasing the records would have done anything but fan the flames.

Okay, but I still belive you know better than to belive that Kerry releasing the records would have done anything but fan the flames.
It is disingenuous to propose you know me better than I do myself, and it is dismissive and disrespectful to assign a belief to me without regard to the evidence before you.

You believe this so strongly that you will dismiss any ideation different from yours. I understand that.

It doesn't change that I believe that most people would have dismissed the SBVFT had he done that.

It is disingenuous to propose you know me better than I do myself, and it is dismissive and disrespectful to assign a belief to me without regard to the evidence before you.

You believe this so strongly that you will dismiss any ideation different from yours. I understand that.

It doesn't change that I believe that most people would have dismissed the SBVFT had he done that.

Hey it was a complament. I thought you were smarter than that, if you insist you are not, fine I guess I was wrong.

Hey it was a complament. I thought you were smarter than that, if you insist you are not, fine I guess I was wrong.
Again dismissive and disrespectful, and now just full of total jerk.

Your new style leaves much to be desired.

Again dismissive and disrespectful, and now just full of total jerk.

Your new style leaves much to be desired.

Haha, well I dont think I was dismissive or disrespectfull, maybe that last comment was a bit of a jerk.

If you insist that you honestly belive that providing those records would have solved the issue, I will give you the benefit of the doubt. I have a hard time beliveing a rational and intelegent person could belive that, but I will give you the bene of that doubt, based on your past rational and intelegent discussion.

Haha, well I dont think I was dismissive or disrespectfull, maybe that last comment was a bit of a jerk.

If you insist that you honestly belive that providing those records would have solved the issue, I will give you the benefit of the doubt. I have a hard time beliveing a rational and intelegent person could belive that, but I will give you the bene of that doubt, based on your past rational and intelegent discussion.
This depends on what you mean by "solved". Would it make SBVFT go away? No. Would it reduce their impact and audience? Yes.

If your goal is to get to the meat of topics reducing the impact of distractions = good.

This depends on what you mean by "solved". Would it make SBVFT go away? No. Would it reduce their impact and audience? Yes.

If your goal is to get to the meat of topics reducing the impact of distractions = good.

Okay, we will have to disagree, I beilve it would have merely made the fire hotter and made the swiftboaters more agressive.

Okay, we will have to disagree, I beilve it would have merely made the fire hotter and made the swiftboaters more agressive.

Ok... I gotta ask.... WHY do you think that? What possible additional ammunition could they have had from the release of the records (that were related to the wounds)?

Ok... I gotta ask.... WHY do you think that? What possible additional ammunition could they have had from the release of the records (that were related to the wounds)?

There are plenty of lines of attack they would have used. One, why did you release only some of the records. Two, whats this notation about you taking penecilin here on 12/14/67? Three, why did not not recieve more treatment for the purple hart of 8/03/68? Or they would be so fired up by getting a reaction they would attack from some new angle... Why did you not go in as infantry or some other branch.

McCain now has the same problem that Hillary had .. how do you stop a movement?

Obama has transcended the norm and dictates of elections .. which is why EVERY poll was wrong.

This is a movement being validated by an election.

Morning in America.

McCain now has the same problem that Hillary had .. how do you stop a movement?

Obama has transcended the norm and dictates of elections .. which is why EVERY poll was wrong.

This is a movement being validated by an election.

Morning in America.

You may be right. Reminds me of 1992.

Does the enthusam for Obama remind anyone of how it was for Clinton. I dont remember it starting this early or being this intense.. of corse I was in Alabama at the time!

Back