America the shoot-iful

• Thread starter Thread starter Guns Guns Guns
  • Start date Start date
A woman was injured in an accidental shooting in Sandy Hook.

Kentucky State Police say a boy was dismounting from his horse and the .22 caliber pistol he was carrying fell from the holster and hit the ground.

The gun then discharged, injuring the boy's mother.

Troopers say Ms. Stamper was rushed to Cabell Huntington Hospital.

http://www.wsaz.com/content/news/Woman-injured-in-accidental-shooting-375672901.html

One of the two firefighters shot Friday night while checking on the health of a Temple Hills resident has died, county police say.

The other firefighter is undergoing surgery at Shock Trauma Center in Baltimore, where he is in serious condition, police and fire officials say.

One suspect is in custody in connection with the shooting, which also left a civilian with minor gunshot wounds to the shoulder, according to police and fire officials.

Officials have identified the deceased firefighter as John Holmschneider, a firefighter medic and 13-year veteran of the fire department. He leaves behind a wife and a child.

The suspect turned himself in and is cooperating with investigators, police say. There are no additional suspects.

The firefighters were shot while responding to a welfare check in the 5000 block of Sharon Road in Temple Hills, according to police.

Police say a concerned neighbor called fire officials to check on the suspect, who they believed was having medical issues. When the suspect did not respond, the civilian and firefighters tried to enter the home, at which point the individual began firing at them.

http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/maryland/two-prince-georges-co-firefighters-seriously-injured/135675852

REPORT: Tennessee matches 2015 total of accidental shootings in just over three months
4649dead-425e-4b3c-845d-904192796ed3-large16x9_1280x720_60107P00WDOKQ.jpg

NASHVILLE, Tenn.-- According to the gun safety advocacy group Safe Tennessee Project, Tennessee has already totaled as many accidental shootings this year as the state totaled in all of 2015.

In the wake of a shooting accident in Memphis yesterday where a man shot himself in the leg at a Walgreens, STP states it marked the 17th accidental shooting of the year.

From Jan. 1st through April 8th of this year, the report states there have been 14 injuries as a result of the accidental shootings and three deaths. In all of 2015, there were 12 injuries and five deaths from accidental shootings.
Safe Tennessee Project policy director Joslin Roth cited the data in support of banning guns from "sensitive places like school campuses." "Although the bills to allow guns in more public places apply only to permit holders, we know that unfortunately permit holders are not immune from accidental shootings," Roth said. "Even with their permit training, these unintentional shootings happen. When it comes to sensitive places like school campuses, we agree with law enforcement that guns are best left in the hands of experienced professionals."

http://fox17.com/news/nation-world/report-tennessee-matches-2015-total-of-accidental-shootings-in-just-over-three-months

GUNS SAVE LIVES!

tumblr_ld3h7rA7JX1qaab48o1_400.jpg

An 18-year-old Adelanto resident was shot and killed Thursday night by a 17-year-old.

At around 8:49 p.m. deputies from the Victorville Station responded to the report of a male subject that was shot in a home on the 13000 block of Bennington Drive in Victorville.

Upon arrival deputies located Ronald McKinzie in a bedroom of the home deceased with a gunshot wound to his upper body. Sheriff’s Homicide Investigators were called to the scene to conduct an investigation.

Investigators learned that McKinzie was shot by accidental discharge fired by a 17-year-old male teen that was at the residence. The male juvenile was arrested and booked into juvenile hall for negligent discharge of a firearm resulting in death.

http://www.vvng.com/teen-arrested-in-accidental-shooting-of-18-year-old/

Police Release Video of White Officer Shooting a Kneeling Suspect

In an effort to show transparency, the Fort Worth Police Department released video that shows an officer shooting a suspect who was kneeling on the ground, CBSDFW.com reported. They released the video on Wednesday, shortly after the officer was indicted for aggravated assault for the incident that took place almost a year ago.

In the video, provided below, Officer Courtney Johnson approaches Craigory Adams. Johnson then shoots Adams, who collapses to the ground, but can be seen still moving. After the shot, Johnson rushed over to Adams, possibly checking on him.

The night of the shooting, police were investigating a call about a man with a knife who was allegedly breaking into houses. When officers responded, they found Adams outside his home, holding a barbecue fork. According to CBSDFW.com, Johnson ordered Adams to drop the ‘knife,’ and he did, dropping to a knee. Johnson then shot him in the arm, but he claims that his weapon fired accidentally, a result of a known problem with the model of shotgun he was using.

This version of the video was posted by Dallas-Fort Worth CBS’s Dan Haggerty:

So was it an accident, or was it intentional? Johnson claimed the shooting was an accident, but Adams’s mother, Jeanette, says it was racially motivated. She said in a civil lawsuit that she witnessed Johnson using racial slurs and shooting Craigory intentionally. Adams’s family also revealed that Adams has bipolar disorder and was not on medication at the time of the incident. Adams himself claimed that the injury resulted in significant restriction of the use of his right arm, as well as depression and night terrors, according to the Star-Telegram.

Officer Johnson is currently on restricted duty.

http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/police-release-video-of-white-officer-shooting-a-kneeling-suspect/

Guns-Save-Lives.png

A father has admitted to accidentally shooting and killing his 4-year-old daughter after it was originally believed her 5-year-old sibling pulled the trigger.

The man turned himself into police late Saturday night.

Police say following their investigation, the man admitted to the shooting.

He told police the 5-year-old sibling had nothing to do with it.

http://6abc.com/news/police-5-year-old-sibling-shot-killed-sister-4-inside-kensington-home-/1294831/

Man dead in apparent shooting accident at eastern Utah ranch
hqdefault.jpg

A man died in an apparent shooting accident Tuesday morning at a popular eastern Utah hunting destination.

Duchesne County sheriff's dispatchers confirmed that a 911 call came in at 8:45 a.m. from the L.C. Ranch, about 30 miles northeast of Duchesne.

Sheriff's spokesman Jeremy Curry said the fatality occurred on the hunting and fishing lodge's shooting range.

"At this time the shooting appears to be accidental. The victim, a 61-year-old male, was pronounced dead at the scene," Curry said.

The identity of the deceased was withheld pending notification of next of kin.

Curry said it appeared that two men were practicing long-range shooting, while the victim was down range marking targets for them.

http://www.sltrib.com/home/3571620-155/man-dead-in-apparent-shooting-accident

Father, son involved in apparent fatal target shooting accident
brandon-vallorani-accident.jpg

SNOWVILLE, Utah — Authorities have identified the father and son involved in an apparent fatal target shooting accident in Box Elder County Saturday evening.

The incident occurred at about 4 p.m. when 27-year-old James Shurtz and his father Glenn were out shooting targets in a remote area off of State Route 30, approximately 20 miles west of Snowville, according to a press release from Box Elder County Sheriff’s Office. The Shurtz’s had multiple targets set up at different ranges and were shooting at them with a high-powered rifle.

The sheriff’s office described the temporary range as east to west with targets west of the shooter.

“Father and son were alternating positions; one would shoot and the other would be downrange as a spotter.

When Glenn Shurtz was shooting, the release states, Jame Shurtz was in position downrange acting as a spotter.

“James was struck by a single round from a .30 caliber rifle,” the release states.

James Shurtz was shot in the chest.

The incident is still under investigation and more information will be released as it becomes available.

http://fox13now.com/2016/02/20/father-kills-son-in-target-shooting-accident-in-box-elder-county/

Shooting Accident
shooting%203thumb.jpg

Three friends were watching television while sitting on a mattress on the floor. One person got up, and went looking through his shorts for a package of cigarettes. He allegedly dropped the shorts, and a gun that had been placed within the back pocket went off. The bullet struck another man near his left armpit, went through his lung, and lodged in his spinal canal, causing the man to be paralyzed. The store that had sold the gun as a second-hand sale was sued for allegedly failing to instruct the owner on how to use the safety, and for failing to provide a user’s manual with the gun.

Exponent utilized photographs taken of the accident scene and measurements of the room to reconstruct the positions of the men, the gun, the shorts, and two boxes stacked on the floor near where the shorts were found by police investigators. Exponent utilized the three-dimensional biomechanical reconstruction to determine that the gun could not have discharged at floor level and struck the victim without the bullet also passing through one of the boxes. This led to the conclusion that the gun must have discharged while the first man was rummaging through his shorts, before dropping the shorts on the ground. The case settled just prior to trial.
http://www.exponent.com/Shooting-Accident/

Local Teen Shot By Brother In Hunting Accident
hunter-orange.jpg

BAY MINETTE, AL- A hunting trip in the backwoods of North Baldwin County ended badly for a local teenager.

18-year old Tyler Presley was hit with 12-gauge buckshot in the torso and leg. Presley could be hospitalized for at least a week.

Investigators say Presley was shot by his younger brother by accident.

The shooting happened Wednesday on the Alabama River in the Tensaw community. No charges have been filed, but authorities say the shooting could have been prevented. Investigators say they were not wearing hunter orange.

But in a Facebook message sent to News 5 from his hospital room, Presley says they were wearing hunter orange.
http://wkrg.com/2016/01/28/local-teen-shot-by-brother-in-hunting-accident/

Man on Valentine’s Day shooting: ‘It was an accident’
Deangelo Gaines said he doesn't know how his gun fired, killing Kayla Babick
bed-with-guns-and-guitar.jpg

BATTLE CREEK, Mich. (WOOD) — A Battle Creek man whose girlfriend died on Valentine’s Day said he doesn’t know how his gun went off, fatally wounding her.

“It was an accident. We were both caught off guard,” Deangelo Gaines said of the Sunday incident. “I don’t know.”

Gaines told 24 Hour News 8 on Tuesday that he had placed his .45-caliber handgun on his bed. He said he and his girlfriend, Kayla Babick, were lying on the bed together when the gun fired.

“I’m sitting there, just on my phone, and I hear a gunshot and she jumps up,” he said. “I’m like, my gun just went off.”

Babick was shot in the abdomen. She rushed downstairs, Gaines following her.

“I raced down there after her and she’s laying on the floor,” he remembered. “I pick her up. My mom gives me a towel. I put it on her wound. I’m rubbing her hair and I’m trying to talk to her and let her know that I was here. And I was like, ‘Can you hear me?’ And I felt her head nod a little bit. And she took a deep breath, and she just stopped breathing.”

Babick, 24, left behind two children. Her funeral is scheduled for Feb. 21.

Citing sources, 24 Hour News 8 was among news outlets that previously reported Gaines accidentally shot Babick while he was cleaning the gun. Tuesday, Battle Creek Police Department command officers said that was never believed to have been the case.

“I wasn’t cleaning the gun the day she was shot,” Gaines said on Tuesday. “My theory is maybe she moved it and she moved over a little bit, accidentally laid on it and went to grab it thinking that maybe it was a remote and probably grabbed the trigger just right.”

“That’s all I can come up with. Or a faulty bullet in the chamber,” he continued.

Gaines and Babick had known each other for years and had been dating since November. There is no indication there was ever any domestic violence between them.

“We had almost everything in common,” Gaines said.

He said they had big plans for the future and that he was preparing to ask her family for their blessing to marry her.

After the shooting, Gaines was taken to BCPD headquarters for questioning. He said he fully expected to be arrested following his interrogation given the circumstances but was relieved when police released him later the same day.

The case will be forwarded to the Calhoun County Prosecutor’s Office, which will decide if charges are warranted. Gaines said he’s not worried about charges, but he does have one regret:

“Shouldn’t have had the gun on the bed. I just think of that a lot,” he said. “I will never look at Valentine’s Day the same.”

Babick’s family has been supportive of him, Gaines said. He said he recognizes that some may suspect that he did something wrong.

“Kayla knows what happened,” Gaines said.

He spoke to 24 Hour News 8 on Tuesday to clear the air about what happened. With the gun that fired the bullet that fatally injured his girlfriend confiscated, Gaines said he has no interest in owning a gun again in the near future.

He also provided a warning to other gun owners, hoping what happened to him won’t happen to anyone else.

“Just be careful with guns,” he said.

http://woodtv.com/2016/02/16/man-on-valentines-day-shooting-it-was-an-accident/

The worst kind of gun accident: When parents shoot their own children

The cases read like horror tales, leaving authorities to piece together the details of what happened, parsing through statements issued by distraught, heartbroken, and ashamed parents. In the most recent incident, a Cincinnatti father shot his 14-year-old son dead this week after mistaking him for an early morning intruder. The 911 call to the incident, released by local reporter Mallorie Sullivan, is distressing:

The child apparently snuck back into the home after getting dropped off at a bus stop, police told the Cincinnati Enquirer. He was planning to skip school when he caught his father by surprise.

“It’s unimaginable, really,” Cincinnati Police Chief Eliot Isaac said at a press conference, calling the incident a “terrible, terrible tragedy.”

But it was only the most recent tragedy of its kind in recent days. On December 30, a Florida mother woke up to a sound around midnight, grabbed her gun, and fired a single shot in the direction of the noise, thinking it was intruder. Her 27-year-old daughter, home for the holidays, was killed. In October, a Texas man shot and killed his wife after mistaking her for an intruder. That same month, a mother and her son were working on a disabled firearm in their California garage, before it accidentally went off, shooting him in the face and killing him.

There are also close calls. In December, a New York mother heard a “sound” she mistook for an intruder. She fired her shotgun towards the sound, and ended up shooting her 5-month-old daughter’s crib, hitting her in the arm. On Christmas Day, a 24-year old man was cleaning his gun when it accidentally went off, shooting his 2-year-old niece in the cheek, nearly killing her.

http://fusion.net/story/255194/when-parents-kill-their-children-by-accident/

Accidental Gunfire Sends Lodi Girl to Hospital

An 8-year-old Lodi girl was transported to an area hospital after she was accidentally shot near a relative's apartment complex Sunday afternoon.

A man inside a nearby apartment says he was cleaning his gun when it went off, according to the assistant manager at the complex. The bullet went through a wall before eventually striking the girl.

The girl is expected to be OK, according to her mother, who did not want to be identified Sunday night. The bullet lost momentum after going through the wall, and didn't pierce the girl's leg.

The courtyard of the Lodi apartment complex, on the 400 block of North Church street, is normally a haven for young kids who live and play there.

Sunday it was surrounded by Lodi police officers investigating the accidental shooting.

"I just wish out neighborhood would get cleaned up because there's too many kids, apartment complexes, kids running around here. You never know if a stray bullet will hit them," said Linda Lopez, who has lived on the same block as the apartment complex for almost 20 years. She says she saw police arrest one man after the shooting.

"Yeah. A lot of times," Lopez said when asked if she has seen incidents like this near her home in the past.

People inside the apartment where the girl was refused to talk to FOX40. Neighbors say the girl's family went with her to Lodi Memorial Hospital.

"I came out and I just saw cops everywhere," said James Epler, who lives right above the apartment where the gun went off. He says he didn't hear it but saw the aftermath.

"Accidents can happen anywhere if you're not practicing responsible firearm safety," said Epler.

For others the incident left a more unsettling feeling.

"I have grandkids, and a granddaughter and a grandson that's 14 years old, and I just get scared because we don't know what's happening," said Lopez.

http://fox40.com/2016/04/17/accidental-gunfire-sends-lodi-girl-to-hospital/

Family water-gun fight takes turn after teen hit by bullet
shutterstock_205299232-410x220.jpg

A real gun went off during a water-gun fight at a family barbecue Saturday and the bullet struck a teen in the shoulder, Houston police said.

The victim, a 15-year-old girl, was in stable condition at a local hospital and was expected to recover, KHOU-TV reported.

Police said people at the barbecue were playing with water guns when the girl was shot.

They said there were conflicting stories about what happened but it appeared the shooting, which took place around 5 p.m. Saturday at a home in North Harris County, was accidental, KTRK-TV reported.

Lt. Daniel Garza told the station the owner of the 9-mm. gun, a 40-year-old friend of the family hosting the party, was taken into custody and could be charged with deadly conduct.

A teen told KTRK that he saw the shooting.

"When the 40-year-old man went to go get his dry clothes, he had a gun somewhere in there,” Lawrence Martinez said. “And when he went to holster it he was spinning it on his finger, he pulled the trigger and accidentally shot her near the collarbone.”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/04/17/family-water-gun-fight-takes-turn-after-teen-hit-by-bullet.html

A turkey hunter was shot and killed Sunday morning by another hunter.

A 37-year-old man, whose name was not released, left his blind to retrieve a wounded turkey around 7:30 a.m. and accidentally ran into the field of fire of another member of his hunting party who was attempting to put a kill shot on the bird, according to the Rock County Sheriff's Department.

The victim was shot in the back and pronounced dead at the scene in a field near N. Lima Center Road and county Highway A in the town of Johnstown. The victim was hunting with two family members.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/accidental-shooting-kills-turkey-hunter-in-rock-county-b99708370z1-376007111.html

A woman is in the hospital after being shot in Chesterfield Monday night.

Police say they were called to the 7600 block of Fern Hollow Drive just after 9 p.m. for a report of an assault. However, they found a man was cleaning his gun inside a home when the firearm accidentally discharged and hit a woman.

Police say they do not yet know if charges will be filed.

http://wric.com/2016/04/18/woman-hospitalized-after-accidental-shooting-in-chesterfield/

A toddler who found a gun in his mother’s purse was fatally shot in an apparent accident at a home in Indiana.

Police received a call about the shooting in the 5200 block of Alameda Road in Indianapolis just after 9 p.m., according to local television station WXIN.

Police said the mother of the 2-year-old boy had apparently left her purse, which contained a loaded gun, on the kitchen counter, the television station reported.

The toddler managed to find the gun when the mother stepped away, according to police.

The boy was suffering from a single gunshot wound to the chest and was unresponsive when officers arrived at the home, WXIN reported.

The child was pronounced dead after being rushed to a nearby hospital.

The boy’s mother was the only other person in the house at the time of the shooting, according to police.

A woman who knew the family said the mother wouldn’t have left the gun out on purpose.

I predict that RacistX will start a thread about this if the mom turns out to be black.

http://ktla.com/2016/04/21/indiana-toddler-killed-in-apparent-accident-after-finding-gun-in-mothers-purse/

80% of all American gun crime is committed by inner-city gangbangers warring over illegal drug turf created by America's national government, the War On Drugs.

"The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

"Outlaw guns, and only the government and other criminals will have guns."

"An enslaved population is a disarmed population."

"The most compelling reason that the people be armed is to defend themselves against tyranny in their government."

"Gun free zones are simply an invitation to criminals and terrorist to exploit the innocent and rob and murder them."

"By the time the cops get there, the crime has been committed, somebody has been violated, robed, injured or killed, guns save lives."

"The left want's to disarm you so they can control you and take your American rugged individuality and make you a pimp pussy like Leon The Cat/Pussy and the brain-dead Troll."

Back