American Psych Association smacks down anti-Trump quacks!

love this thread..
it's like the OP is completely ignored. "I don't care- he's deeply mentally ill" :palm:
normally i'd ask what is their diagnosis - but that's the point of the thread..stop the armchair diagnosis.

all the left cares about is de-legitimization, so they run with anything that they think will stick

Yep

Would be nice if liberals could discuss the thread topic and not obsessively bitch and moan about posters and be armchair shrinks who think their opinions are fact.

Would be nice if liberals could discuss the thread topic and not obsessively bitch and moan about posters and be armchair shrinks who think their opinions are fact.

Isn't the 1st part of that comment strange after your 1st response directly referred to me?

I have done a lot of research on this particular topic.

Trump is a textbook pathological liar.

But, if you want to go w/ compulsive liar, that's okay.
Pathology means it's a mental illness in itself. Irrational lying.
Compulsive means it's symptomatic of some other disorder.

There isn't any hard agreement, so I have no idea what you mean by "textbook case"

WASHINGTON, D.C. — Today, the American Psychiatric Association (APA) reiterates its continued and unwavering commitment to the ethical principle known as "The Goldwater Rule." We at the APA call for an end to psychiatrists providing professional opinions in the media about public figures whom they have not examined, whether it be on cable news appearances, books, or in social media. Armchair psychiatry or the use of psychiatry as a political tool is the misuse of psychiatry and is unacceptable and unethical.

https://www.psychiatry.org/newsroom/news-releases/apa-calls-for-end-to-armchair-psychiatry

Ouch.

That had to hurt.

Professional opinions.

Perhaps if JPP liberals would focus on the thread topic and not on posters, we would have a more enlightened discussion on the topic? :dunno:

Very reassuring.
it's an FYI for you...a pathology is much harder to show,it would include a continual irrational pattern of lies
so much so it's a psychological disease in itself.

Compulsive lying means it's a go to defense mechanism, a manifestation of some other underlying disorder.

Both are EXTREME and rare/ lying itself is a common behavior

Professional opinions.

Perhaps if JPP liberals would focus on the thread topic and not on posters, we would have a more enlightened discussion on the topic? :dunno:

Shouldn't you lead by example w/ the bolded, and not mention me in your 1st response on a thread like this?

Seems hypocritical.

it's an FYI for you...a pathology is much harder to show,it would include a continual irrational pattern of lies
so much so it's a psychological disease in itself.

Compulsive lying means it's a go to defense mechanism, a manifestation of some other underlying disorder.

Both are EXTREME and rare/ lying itself is a common behavior

Trump doesn't lie in a common way. Trump lies every day.

WASHINGTON, D.C. — Today, the American Psychiatric Association (APA) reiterates its continued and unwavering commitment to the ethical principle known as "The Goldwater Rule." We at the APA call for an end to psychiatrists providing professional opinions in the media about public figures whom they have not examined, whether it be on cable news appearances, books, or in social media. Armchair psychiatry or the use of psychiatry as a political tool is the misuse of psychiatry and is unacceptable and unethical.

https://www.psychiatry.org/newsroom/news-releases/apa-calls-for-end-to-armchair-psychiatry

Ouch.

That had to hurt.

Great. Sanction them. Kick them out.

It doesn’t mean they were wrong

Shouldn't you lead by example w/ the bolded, and not mention me in your 1st response on a thread like this?

Seems hypocritical.

Unlike you I discussed the thread topic, it also reminded me of our conversation. You still won't address the thread topic. Kind of weird given how Mauritania means to you.

Back