Another attack from the left on McCains service

People have a really stupid idea of what "attacking McCain's service" means.

Out of curiousity what do you think would qualify as an "attack" on someone's service? (It could be McCain or Kerry or any other veteran).

Out of curiousity what do you think would qualify as an "attack" on someone's service? (It could be McCain or Kerry or any other veteran).

Lying about someone's service is an attack. Trying to imply that someone's service has made them loopy & unfit is an attack.

Saying that it's not a "qualifier for the Presidency" is not an attack, by any stretch.

Lying about someone's service is an attack. Trying to imply that someone's service has made them loopy & unfit is an attack.

Saying that it's not a "qualifier for the Presidency" is not an attack, by any stretch.
Well, I personally expressed that opinion earlier today, I think it was this thread on a different page, but regardless I agree and have expressed exactly that.

It is not an attack to say, "This doesn't make him more qualified", it IS an attack to say, "He was a POW and that stopped him from learning about the controversy over VN".

Or

"He caved to torture and therefore is a 'traitor'." <- attack

"Crashing doesn't make you qualified." <- Not an attack.

No I am using the "the intent was clear to anyone" argument.
Then you are being dishonest and ignoring the "your assertions about his intent are directly opposite to what he has stated in the past about his beliefs" argument because it is somehow 'better' in your mind to be dishonest and pretend that those statements didn't happen.

It is unrealistic to believe that he meant Clark's statement rather than well we'll say... the "He caved to torture too quickly and is therefore a traitor" attacks when you take the previous few days where he made it clear that he did not think Clark's statements were an attack.

""He was a POW and that stopped him from learning about the controversy over VN""

That's a bad paraphrase.

I don't think what Beers said is an "attack." He said he didn't experience the turmoil that was going on IN America during the time he was in isolation IN Vietnam. Is that inaccurate?

This really comes down to McCain having nothing else to talk about. The guy is in big trouble, so why not create a whole bunch of fake controversies? But yesterday they apparently brought Jim Webb into it, and I think that’s where they made their mistake. This thing is going to blow up in their face that’s why I’m not even aggravated over all of this BS.

""He was a POW and that stopped him from learning about the controversy over VN""

That's a bad paraphrase.

I don't think what Beers said is an "attack." He said he didn't experience the turmoil that was going on IN America during the time he was in isolation IN Vietnam. Is that inaccurate?

Lets look at the actual quote rather than continuing to paraphrase....

""Because he was in isolation essentially for many of those years and did not experience the turmoil here or the challenges that were involved for those of us who served in Vietnam during the Vietnam war," said Beers, a Marine veteran who served in Vietnam.

"So I think," Beers continued, "to some extent his national security experience in that regard is sadly limited and I think it is reflected in some of the ways that he thinks about how U.S. forces might be committed to conflicts around the world."

He did not experience the challenges that were involved for those that served in Vietnam during the war? Funny, but I could have sworn that not only did McCain serve in Vietnam during the Vietnam war, but he also went through the worst of the challenges.

Then Beers goes on to say that McCains experience in the war 'sadly limits his national security experience'?????

Please justify EITHER of those two.

Last edited:

That's a bad paraphrase.

It is inaccurate as the VC showed them videos of the US turmoil as points of attack in the POW camps. It is dishonest to pretend that those over there did not know of turmoil in the US.

And Beers stated that because of that time as a POW he was "limited" (less qualified).

My paraphrase was very much more accurate than yours.

""Because he was in isolation essentially for many of those years and did not experience the turmoil here or the challenges that were involved for those of us who served in Vietnam during the Vietnam war," said Beers, a Marine veteran who served in Vietnam.

"So I think," Beers continued, "to some extent his national security experience in that regard is sadly limited and I think it is reflected in some of the ways that he thinks about how U.S. forces might be committed to conflicts around the world."

But what he appears to be trying to say is that John McCain is stuck in the Vietnam mindset and we are no longer fighting that war. And he’s right on both counts.

What Beers said is not an attack at all. There have been no attacks in the media, that I know about, on McCain's service.

But hey, McCain got to control the media cycle for a couple rounds in a discussion about nuthing.

He did not experience the challenges that were involved for those that served in Vietnam during the war? Funny, but I could have sworn that not only did McCain serve in Vietnam during the Vietnam war, but he also went through the worst of the challenges.

Then Beers goes on to say that McCains experience in the war 'sadly limits his national security experience'?????

Please justify EITHER of those two.

Not an attack.

Stretching to make a silly argument, yes, an attack... no!

But what he appears to be trying to say is that John McCain is stuck in the Vietnam mindset and we are no longer fighting that war. And he’s right on both counts.

And that is not an attack on McCain's service... its an argument as to why he should not be president.

It is inaccurate as the VC showed them videos of the US turmoil as points of attack in the POW camps. It is dishonest to pretend that those over there did not know of turmoil in the US.

And Beers stated that because of that time as a POW he was "limited" (less qualified).

My paraphrase was very much more accurate than yours.

ANOTHER bad paraphrase.

Beers said he didn't "experience" it. That is NOT inaccurate.

Go get some coffee.

Not an attack.

Stretching to make a silly argument, yes, an attack... no!

So let me guess precious, you are still not going to apologize for completely misrepresenting my position are you??? You just ignored that thread I posted that could show you what my consistent view on Clark has been.... didn't you precious?

So let me guess precious, you are still not going to apologize for completely misrepresenting my position are you??? You just ignored that thread I posted that could show you what my consistent view on Clark has been.... didn't you precious?

Listen Candy, it appeared clear to me, and to Cawacko, but if you deny it, Ill accept that. I am sorry I assumed something different than you were implying.

Back