Another attack from the left on McCains service

And exactly WFT are you "wowing" at? Is anything in this quote untrue? Are all POWs somehow magically qualified to run because they were captured? Exactly what is your problem with this post?

No, keep reading the article. Being a POW neither makes you more or less qualified. Beers stated it made him less qualified.

But, again, he didn't say that. Thats just what you say he said.

The fuck he didn't.....

""So I think," Beers continued, "to some extent his national security experience in that regard is sadly limited and I think it is reflected in some of the ways that he thinks about how U.S. forces might be committed to conflicts around the world."

This was his direct comment after stating that McCain didn't see the challenges that other Vets did blah blah blah.

1) It is idiotic to suggest that the POWs in Vietnam didn't see similar if not worse "challenges" than other Vets who were FREE.

2) To suggest that his POW experience somehow isolated McCain and thus made him "sadly limited" in his national security experience is also moronic. His POW experience (as Clark stated) does not make him more or less qualified.

No, keep reading the article. Being a POW neither makes you more or less qualified. Beers stated it made him less qualified.

from the article.....

"Because he was in isolation essentially for many of those years and did not experience the turmoil here or the challenges that were involved for those of us who served in Vietnam during the Vietnam war," said Beers, a Marine veteran who served in Vietnam.

"So I think," Beers continued, "to some extent his national security experience in that regard is sadly limited and I think it is reflected in some of the ways that he thinks about how U.S. forces might be committed to conflicts around the world."

Again. I don't see what all the fauxrage is about. He didn't have the leadership experience during that time as many other did. So?

My Rant:

The collective emotardness over McCain's service is getting old.

The fact is that his being captured and spending time in a POW camp doesn't qualify him to be president

his subsequent service thereafter does not

get over it and stop fauxraging foaming over simple undeniable truths.

LMAO... this is quite funny given that after Clarks comments (which again Jarod, so you don't "clearly" see something else.... were 100% correct) that then we have follow up comments from Webb and Beers. If your side would quit bringing it up, then perhaps McCain and those of us that support him would stop talking about it.

No one suggested that his being a POW made him MORE qualified or that it should even be brought up with regards to credentials. But YOUR side did suggest that it somehow made him LESS qualified. (or for those who don't think "sadly limited" is the same thing, insert those words so that your panties don't get in a bunch again)

from the article.....

"Because he was in isolation essentially for many of those years and did not experience the turmoil here or the challenges that were involved for those of us who served in Vietnam during the Vietnam war," said Beers, a Marine veteran who served in Vietnam.

"So I think," Beers continued, "to some extent his national security experience in that regard is sadly limited and I think it is reflected in some of the ways that he thinks about how U.S. forces might be committed to conflicts around the world."

Again. I don't see what all the fauxrage is about. He didn't have the leadership experience during that time as many other did. So?

I am not so sure about that LadyT, did not the head of his pow camp say he would vote for McCain ? Now that is leadership. :usflag:

The fuck he didn't.....

""So I think," Beers continued, "to some extent his national security experience in that regard is sadly limited and I think it is reflected in some of the ways that he thinks about how U.S. forces might be committed to conflicts around the world."

This was his direct comment after stating that McCain didn't see the challenges that other Vets did blah blah blah.

1) It is idiotic to suggest that the POWs in Vietnam didn't see similar if not worse "challenges" than other Vets who were FREE.

2) To suggest that his POW experience somehow isolated McCain and thus made him "sadly limited" in his national security experience is also moronic. His POW experience (as Clark stated) does not make him more or less qualified.

Again, beers is talking about leadership abilities. McCain and his supporters are the ones that point to his military experience as justification for him being elected. Why shouldn't his military LEADERSHIP experience be up for scrutiny.

from the article.....

Their is no outrage.... it is a topic of discussion... just as it was a topic of discussion when idiots on the right suggested Obama should be held accountable for Wrights sermons.

The point of the thread was that Beers was suggesting that his POW experience somehow "sadly limited" McCain on national security. HOW SO???

It doesn't. It was an idiotic comment by Beers.

I still don't see an attack on his service, all I see is an opinion as to the impact of his service on his national security experience. It's a comment on his national security experience and nothing more.

For those of you with short memories, this is what an attack on a Vietnam Vet's service actually looks like:

George Elliott: John Kerry has not been honest about what happened in Vietnam.

Al French: He is lying about his record.

Louis Letson: I know John Kerry is lying about his first Purple Heart because I treated him for that injury.

Van O'Dell: John Kerry lied to get his bronze star...I know, I was there, I saw what happened.

Jack Chenoweth: His account of what happened and what actually happened are the difference between night and day.

Admiral Hoffman: John Kerry has not been honest.

Adrian Lonsdale: And he lacks the capacity to lead.

Larry Thurlow: When he chips were down, you could not count on John Kerry.

Bob Elder: John Kerry is no war hero.

Grant Hibbard: He betrayed all his shipmates...he lied before the Senate.

Shelton White: John Kerry betrayed the men and women he served with in Vietnam.

Joe Ponder: He dishonored his country...he most certainly did.

Bob Hildreth: I served with John Kerry...

Bob Hildreth (off camera) : John Kerry cannot be trusted.

That's the script for the first SBVFT ad against John Kerry.

Again, beers is talking about leadership abilities. McCain and his supporters are the ones that point to his military experience as justification for him being elected. Why shouldn't his military LEADERSHIP experience be up for scrutiny.

Questioning his military leadership is one thing. Saying that his time as a POW is somehow a limitation now is idiotic. Especially given that he showed good leadership during his time as a POW. Yes, he broke from the torture. But for 5 years he suffered that torture rather than accept preferential treatment.

I still don't see an attack on his service, all I see is an opinion as to the impact of his service on his national security experience. It's a comment on his national security experience and nothing more.

For those of you with short memories, this is what an attack on a Vietnam Vet's service actually looks like:

That's the script for the first SBVFT ad against John Kerry.

You are correct. That is also an attack. Nice try boy... but your diversion attempt is not relevant. Saying the "attack" on Kerry was worse is not a defense for Beers.

What one person said. Much ado about nuthin.
Shouldn't this be in the false outrage thread ?

LMAO... so when Obama gets worked up for people using Wrights comments against him, that is worthy of 4000 threads on the subject. But if McCain (or those of us that support him) attempt to defend him from the stupidity of the left... then it just becomes....

"what one person said. Much ado about nuthin"

LMAO... this is quite funny given that after Clarks comments (which again Jarod, so you don't "clearly" see something else.... were 100% correct) that then we have follow up comments from Webb and Beers. If your side would quit bringing it up, then perhaps McCain and those of us that support him would stop talking about it.

No one suggested that his being a POW made him MORE qualified or that it should even be brought up with regards to credentials. But YOUR side did suggest that it somehow made him LESS qualified. (or for those who don't think "sadly limited" is the same thing, insert those words so that your panties don't get in a bunch again)

http://www.johnmccain.com/About/

A simple visit to McCain's campaign site shows how he wears the experience on his sleeve.

"As the son and grandson of distinguished Navy admirals, John McCain deeply values duty, honor and service of country. John attended college at the United States Naval Academy, and launched a 22-year career as a naval aviator upon his graduation. He continued the McCain tradition of service to country passed down to him from his father and grandfather when he asked to serve in the Vietnam War.

On July 29 1967, John narrowly survived the first of many near-death experiences during his lifetime while preparing to take off on a bombing mission over North Vietnam from his ship, the USS Forrestal. A missile accidentally fired from a nearby plane struck the fuel tanks on John's plane and created a deadly inferno aboard the ship. John barely escaped the fiery disaster that killed 134 men, injured hundreds more and destroyed 20 planes.

Instead of taking the option to return home after the Forrestal disaster, Senator McCain volunteered for more combat duty - a fateful decision that stopped the clock on his life and separated him from his family, and country, for five and a half years.

During his 23rd bombing mission on October 26, 1967, a missile struck John's plane and forced him to eject, knocking him unconscious and breaking both his arms and his leg. John was then taken as a prisoner of war into the now infamous "Hanoi Hilton," where he was denied necessary medical treatment and often beaten by the North Vietnamese. John spent much of his time as a prisoner of war in solitary confinement, aided by his faith and the friendships of his fellow POWs. When he was finally released and able to return home years later, John continued his service by regaining his naval flight status.

Senator McCain's last Navy duty assignment was to serve as the naval liaison to the United States Senate. John retired from the Navy in 1981. His naval honors include the Silver Star, Bronze Star, Legion of Merit, Purple Heart, and the Distinguished Flying Cross. "

He has more on his service than anything else. Its fair game. And I'm glad Clarke's not backing down.

Questioning his military leadership is one thing. Saying that his time as a POW is somehow a limitation now is idiotic. Especially given that he showed good leadership during his time as a POW. Yes, he broke from the torture. But for 5 years he suffered that torture rather than accept preferential treatment.

You're taking the quote completely out of context. I'm pretty surprised at how dishonest you're being. He compared his experience to others who had leadership and more direct combat experience in that time. The 'limited' comment in the context Beers freamed it in is quite accurate.

A simple visit to McCain's campaign site shows how he wears the experience on his sleeve.

"As the son and grandson of distinguished Navy admirals, John McCain deeply values duty, honor and service of country. John attended college at the United States Naval Academy, and launched a 22-year career as a naval aviator upon his graduation. He continued the McCain tradition of service to country passed down to him from his father and grandfather when he asked to serve in the Vietnam War.

On July 29 1967, John narrowly survived the first of many near-death experiences during his lifetime while preparing to take off on a bombing mission over North Vietnam from his ship, the USS Forrestal. A missile accidentally fired from a nearby plane struck the fuel tanks on John's plane and created a deadly inferno aboard the ship. John barely escaped the fiery disaster that killed 134 men, injured hundreds more and destroyed 20 planes.

Instead of taking the option to return home after the Forrestal disaster, Senator McCain volunteered for more combat duty - a fateful decision that stopped the clock on his life and separated him from his family, and country, for five and a half years.

During his 23rd bombing mission on October 26, 1967, a missile struck John's plane and forced him to eject, knocking him unconscious and breaking both his arms and his leg. John was then taken as a prisoner of war into the now infamous "Hanoi Hilton," where he was denied necessary medical treatment and often beaten by the North Vietnamese. John spent much of his time as a prisoner of war in solitary confinement, aided by his faith and the friendships of his fellow POWs. When he was finally released and able to return home years later, John continued his service by regaining his naval flight status.

Senator McCain's last Navy duty assignment was to serve as the naval liaison to the United States Senate. John retired from the Navy in 1981. His naval honors include the Silver Star, Bronze Star, Legion of Merit, Purple Heart, and the Distinguished Flying Cross. "

He has more on his service than anything else. Its fair game. And I'm glad Clarke's not backing down.

Again, for those not capable of distinguishing between Clark and Beers. Clark was 100% correct in his comments and should not back down. I agree with you on that.

Having his leadership questioned is one thing. Saying that being a POW somehow limits his ability on national security is idiotic.

Do I need to state the above two sentences again for those that seem unable to comprehend it?

Having his leadership questioned is one thing. Saying that being a POW somehow limits his ability on national security is idiotic.

Did you get it that time or should we try for a third just to be sure????

His service is all he's got. He uses it to claim his superior experience and qualification to be president. Then when you say that his service has little to do with his experience and qualification to be president, you are accused of attacking his service.

It's a neat little trick.

You are correct. That is also an attack. Nice try boy... but your diversion attempt is not relevant. Saying the "attack" on Kerry was worse is not a defense for Beers.

Again, it wasn't an attack by any means. You're inferring its something that its clearly not and something that Beer did not intend.

Again, it wasn't an attack by any means. You're inferring its something that its clearly not and something that Beer did not intend.

He did not intend to say that McCain was "sadly limited" based on being a POW? Then he should recant/clarify those words. Because that is EXACTLY what he DID say. Unless the journalist took two seperate comments and tossed them together out of context.

Do you remember how every single con on FP and JPP told us that Kerry using his military service in a campaign, opened him up for attack?

What a bunch of whiny crybabies these cons are. Clark's got nothing to back down for, and nothing that has been said about McCain is even remotely similar to the swifboat lies, and those cons who enabled and excused them are being total hacks.

His service is all he's got. He uses it to claim his superior experience and qualification to be president. Then when you say that his service has little to do with his experience and qualification to be president, you are accused of attacking his service.

It's a neat little trick.

At this stage you're 100% correct. He used to be known as the "war hero" and "maverick". We all know that "maverick" has turned into "Bush lap dog" so, I guess you're right, they have to fight for this and pretend to be astonished when someone questions the very issue he wears on his sleeve.

"Wow" :eek:

Back