Anyone into photography?

You can use editing software and crop the pic until you get the desired result. I don't know how good lenses are for phones. It would be a bit of an investment to get quality glass with a DSLR, but what the hell? It's a hobby.

I was weeding the flower bed a couple of years ago in the morning. Saw these two on the seed pod from my cleome.

Went into the house and got the camera with the macro. They weren't going anywhere, so I had plenty of time!

View attachment 10080

LMAO!!!!! They was busy....lol

Yes, it is just a hobby so I wanna make sure I am interested before I start buying more toys..

W/ those picts If it is cropped any more it becomes blurry do to lack of focus.. Those were just some Rose of Sharon I was practicing on, seeing how close I could get & remain in focus..

How are you guys posting such large pix? When I use the 'insert image' button above, I get these thumbnails.

I post my photos to be used on this site on Imgur, and use their software. If you click "reply" on one of my posts that has a photo, you'll see the URL.

LMAO!!!!! They was busy....lol

Yes, it is just a hobby so I wanna make sure I am interested before I start buying more toys..

W/ those picts If it is cropped any more it becomes blurry do to lack of focus.. Those were just some Rose of Sharon I was practicing on, seeing how close I could get & remain in focus..
Yes. Better to get better focus from farther away, and work with the editing. Macro is tricky, because you don't actually focus. You move in/out to focus. Breathing makes it hard to focus, as does the slightest breeze.

Editing software helps to a point when you use the 'sharpen' option, but out of focus pix will give you just so much.

Yes. Better to get better focus from farther away, and work with the editing. Macro is tricky, because you don't actually focus. You move in/out to focus. Breathing makes it hard to focus, as does the slightest breeze.

Editing software helps to a point when you use the 'sharpen' option, but out of focus pix will give you just so much.

I have a tripod already & it seems to help..

I post my photos to be used on this site on Imgur, and use their software. If you click "reply" on one of my posts that has a photo, you'll see the URL.
Yes. I used to use photobucket, when message boards didn't give the option to embed. I hear PB now charges to access the accounts, so I guess I have hundreds of images in PB jail.

Is Imgur free?

Tripods are our friend when it comes to this kind of stuff. I have tried to take photos of the aurora out of jet windows, even draping self and camera in a blanket, and using the armrest to steady my hands... still looks like crap. Both long shots and close-ups are much crisper with a tripod.

Tripods are our friend when it comes to this kind of stuff. I have tried to take photos of the aurora out of jet windows, even draping self and camera in a blanket, and using the armrest to steady my hands... still looks like crap. Both long shots and close-ups are much crisper with a tripod.
No doubt!!!

Yes...I have all kinds of bird pix. We only have rubies here.

That is a ruby?? Looks almost exactly like an anna's male.. Here we only have anna's, & on a rare occasion I will see an Allens but the male anna will run it off quick..

That is a ruby?? Looks almost exactly like an anna's male.. Here we only have anna's, & on a rare occasion I will see an Allens but the male anna will run it off quick..
Yep...they can turn the red on and off. Just the males. And....the males are assholes.

Just signed up. Let's see how this works. This pic is cropped to the point where it almost doesn't look real. My buddies watch me when I fish, because they know I'll feed them. I only had a small zoom on the camera at the time. Not prepared at all.

Now that is a trophy shot!!!

Just signed up. Let's see how this works. This pic is cropped to the point where it almost doesn't look real. My buddies watch me when I fish, because they know I'll feed them. I only had a small zoom on the camera at the time. Not prepared at all.

Yea, that was the set.. Nice shot, movement & light not the greatest but def a nice shot......

Back