Anyone into photography?

I’d like to learn more about photography. I have a girly-girl wife and she likes to model new clothes and have her picture taken modeling but I know little about photography. Any advice on not just photography but how to arrange settings and posing would be appreciated.

I’d like to learn more about photography. I have a girly-girl wife and she likes to model new clothes and have her picture taken modeling but I know little about photography. Any advice on not just photography but how to arrange settings and posing would be appreciated.

7d555d0d7d37d009c9032302f962b378.jpg

This is a nice shot of you two. What lens did you use?

Would love to but I am just learning & have not done that type of photography.

I have joined a few groups on FB that are from rank amateur to pros & get lots of ideas there..

& there is an awesome site called Viewbug that has mostly pros doing all types of photography as well as tips, what they are doing etc

This is a picture I took back in June with an iPhone 6 plus while I was doing yard work. I'm not really into photography, I just wanted to share this photo.

IMG_0104.jpg

I love the dragonflys.

This lovely dragonfly (I named Mars) stayed close by for about 30-45 minutes while I was doing yard work and repeatedly landed on my finger/hand during that time. It made doing the yard work enjoyable.

This lovely dragonfly (I named Mars) stayed close by for about 30-45 minutes while I was doing yard work and repeatedly landed on my finger/hand during that time. It made doing the yard work enjoyable.

I have a red one (not as nice as that one) that keeps coming to my yard but he won't stay still so I can get a good shot like that.. I got lots of horrible, blurry shots only..

Movement/bees/butterflies/dragon flies etc are challenging, require patience-Your phone has a great camera..:)

Last edited:
You're lucky this is the 21st century.

'Back in the day', you had to shoot pics, and either develop them yourself (B&W) or send them out for processing. Only then can you critique your efforts, and learn IF you remember the settings you used.

Today, you shoot a pic, check it and delete it or keep it.

Trial and error. You'll get there.

Back