Anyone wonder what happened to Darth

We are on the very cusp of a new generation of research in the social sciences, with a focus on the sociology and psychology of the online experience.

The old social conventions of showing some restraint and decorum, at least in the public commons, has been eroded by the ability of elderly cranks to use anonymous keyboards lie, gossip, curse without the boundaries of any ethical guard rails.

Agree with regard to anonymity, lying, and gossip...but I disagree with that "curse" (I'm sure you mean vulgarity) stuff.

The entire notion of words that should not be used...is an absurdity to me. If one can say "cuff" in a social setting...one should be able to make that same sound backwards in a social setting. And if "intercourse" can be used reasonably, why cannot "fuck" be used just as reasonably?

If vagina can be used, cunt should work just as well; cock as well as penis; tits as well as breasts/mammaries; blowjob/cocksucking as well as fellatio...and so on?

If "gosh" or "darn" or "rats" work...why not "motherfucker?"

The entire notion of "adult" language is insane.

So? Are you on other social media or forums? I'm not.
I'm registered on SM sites but don't spend much time there. No other message board forums. IMO, Facebook is an exercise in narcissism for many.

Posting a pic of your lunch or announcing you are at Home Goods? Really? Who cares.

I'm registered on SM sites but don't spend much time there. No other message board forums. IMO, Facebook is an exercise in narcissism for many.

Posting a pic of your lunch or announcing you are at Home Goods? Really? Who cares.
I traveled a lot for my job, about 3-4 nights a week, 48 weeks of the year for over 25 years. As such, both professional and, later, political forums became means to take my friends with me. It was better than hanging out in the bars....where I was sure to get into trouble one way or another. LOL

Now it's just by force of habit. I piddle around the house, watch news, play games and, if the heat isn't too bad, actually work outside for a few hours. In short, I'm enjoying my retirement by doing whatever I please. Why that upsets people is odd to me but some people just like to vent because they are not content with their own lives.

Why are you against people doing what they like? Sharing recipes, discussing the merits of different coffee makers? Why does that upset you, Lig?

I traveled a lot for my job, about 3-4 nights a week, 48 weeks of the year for over 25 years. As such, both professional and, later, political forums became means to take my friends with me. It was better than hanging out in the bars....where I was sure to get into trouble one way or another. LOL

Now it's just by force of habit. I piddle around the house, watch news, play games and, if the heat isn't too bad, actually work outside for a few hours. In short, I'm enjoying my retirement by doing whatever I please. Why that upsets people is odd to me but some people just like to vent because they are not content with their own lives.

Why are you against people doing what they like? Sharing recipes, discussing the merits of different coffee makers? Why does that upset you, Lig?
Where did I indicate anything "upsets" me? No need to lie, it's all in the chronology of the posts.

I noted this board means nothing to me, you asked if I come here to vent or "depression." I then pointed out I never spend time here but you spend an inordinate amount of time here, which is a fact.

I don't care what you do. Don't care about this board. Why does that bother you? My apathy clearly does bother you. You do a lot of projecting which reads as you must be very unhappy.

Where did I indicate anything "upsets" me? No need to lie, it's all in the chronology of the posts.

I noted this board means nothing to me, you asked if I come here to vent or "depression." I then pointed out I never spend time here but you spend an inordinate amount of time here, which is a fact.

I don't care what you do. Don't care about this board. Why does that bother you? My apathy clearly does bother you. You do a lot of projecting which reads as you must be very unhappy.

Minty you are so cute when you get defensive.

Your posts to me. Obviously it upsets you that I post here more than you since you frequently bring it up.

You keep claiming that but then you become upset if someone disagrees with you.

You keep saying that yet you keep caring what others post and think. Why?

I'm not being defensive, I'm being trolled. Had to throw some chum in the water before the boat goes back in the slip for the day. :laugh:

You aren't the former slowhand, are you?

No, but believe it or not I knew him IRL.
We both fished out of the same dock in Fairhaven Mass 40 years ago.

I'm not being defensive, I'm being trolled. Had to throw some chum in the water before the boat goes back in the slip for the day. :laugh:

You aren't the former slowhand, are you?

No, but believe it or not I knew him IRL.
We both fished out of the same dock in Fairhaven Mass 40 years ago.

Back