Are Republicans embarrased?

Yes you twit....that is the freedom OF religion... which is covered. YOU are trying to twist it into saying freedom FROM religion. Do you comprehend the difference in the two?

Wages are only garnished when someone owes money on a debt they previously agreed to pay.

They have never been garnished for not paying for something that they do not want nor agreed to have.
It should be a COMPLETE separation of church and state. There is NO REASON for prayer in school LED by a school official. Kids can pray in school all they want. There are actually religious student groups that use school rooms to meet. Every year they have that pray around the pole thing. But too many conservos will not be happy till those that want to pray force everyone that doesn't want pray THAT prayer or pray at all to sit there quietly. I don't believe in equal time, but can you imagine the uproar if Wiccans got to use the intercom to pray to the goddess or if Buddahist kids got to chant and Muslims got to praise allah? Evangelicals want everyone to be subject to their beliefs and their prayers, but try to teach evolution and watch them whine. Spaghetti Monster forbid if other religions were allowed to pray at their children's schools.

Not a problem since I do not believe in hell.

I don't understand why people use that as an argument. I realise, of course, that Hell may not exist (but if I'm wrong there is no downside, if you are wrong there is Eternal torment), but it is still a ridiculous statement.

If I didn't believe in guns or AIDS or fire or something like that, it doesn't mean that those things cease to be able to affect me.

EDIT: I guess what I'm saying is that if Hell exists, you don't have to believe in it for you to go there...in fact, not believing in it kind of promises you a spot.

I don't understand why people use that as an argument. I realise, of course, that Hell may not exist (but if I'm wrong there is no downside, if you are wrong there is Eternal torment), but it is still a ridiculous statement.

If I didn't believe in guns or AIDS or fire or something like that, it doesn't mean that those things cease to be able to affect me.
Ahhh God as insurance. I will believe just in case. If there is a god, my bet is it finds that type of belief more offensive than none at all.

It should be a COMPLETE separation of church and state. There is NO REASON for prayer in school LED by a school official. Kids can pray in school all they want. There are actually religious student groups that use school rooms to meet. Every year they have that pray around the pole thing. But too many conservos will not be happy till those that want to pray force everyone that doesn't want pray THAT prayer or pray at all to sit there quietly. I don't believe in equal time, but can you imagine the uproar if Wiccans got to use the intercom to pray to the goddess or if Buddahist kids got to chant and Muslims got to praise allah? Evangelicals want everyone to be subject to their beliefs and their prayers, but try to teach evolution and watch them whine. Spaghetti Monster forbid if other religions were allowed to pray at their children's schools.

Nice rant... did I say ANYTHING about school prayers? No. Look... over there... an ambulance.... go get it boy...

Ahhh God as insurance. I will believe just in case. If there is a god, my bet is it finds that type of belief more offensive than none at all.

No, I believe in God because I believe in God. However, I can also realise that there is a vast difference in my possible wrongness and an atheist's possible wrongness.

It isn't something that has caused my belief, it is just something that I think about sometimes.

EDIT: I guess what I'm saying is that if Hell exists, you don't have to believe in it for you to go there...in fact, not believing in it kind of promises you a spot.

A ridiculous argument. Aids and stuff like that are scientifically proven to exist. Heaven and hell are not.

also hell could be a spiritual state and those who do not believe in it will not go there. I am sure glad you have all the answers on this though.

A ridiculous argument. Aids and stuff like that are scientifically proven to exist. Heaven and hell are not.

also hell could be a spiritual state and those who do not believe in it will not go there. I am sure glad you have all the answers on this though.

Scientifically proven according to whom? That argument aside, just because they are proven to exist doesn't mean that people have to believe in it. There would still be atheists if God came to Earth tomorrow and decided to just hang out and perform miracles.

There are people who don't believe in the Holocaust, but it still happened.

EDIT: Going back to scientifically proven, have you ever seen the HIV virus? Ever met anyone with HIV?

It is amazing how many feople find god when faced with death. Buy a last minute insurance policy so to speak.

Scientifically proven according to whom? That argument aside, just because they are proven to exist doesn't mean that people have to believe in it. There would still be atheists if God came to Earth tomorrow and decided to just hang out and perform miracles.

There are people who don't believe in the Holocaust, but it still happened.

EDIT: Going back to scientifically proven, have you ever seen the HIV virus? Ever met anyone with HIV?

Yep I lost a fellow worker to aids several years ago. They got it from a blood transfusion before the screening started.

You are just trying to get more stupit than me now I think Gonzo.

That is a useless goal as everyone know I am the mostest stupit one.

Yep I lost a fellow worker to aids several years ago. They got it from a blood transfusion before the screening started.

You are just trying to get more stupit than me now I think Gonzo.

I would have to spend my entire salary on paint thinner and sit in my place huffing it for a month to get that stupid.

Nice rant... did I say ANYTHING about school prayers? No. Look... over there... an ambulance.... go get it boy...
That is the number one place that jewish zombie worshippers want to get back into. They want their kids to pray to Jeebus and the rest of the kids sit there quietly and let them do it. Nothing stops them out on the playground.

AND just for your information, while our firm does represent people in PI and Med Mal claims I don't chase the ambulances, I don't talk to their passengers and I don't sue their doctors. I prefer criminal work and divorce work cause it keeps me in the court room more.

I would have to spend my entire salary on paint thinner and sit in my place huffing it for a month to get that stupid.

Yes that would be much more stupit than me is. You would be dead as a doornail but you should be joyous to to to heaven.

If heaven is so wunnerful why are most people so afraid to die ? Not enough faith ?

Yes that would be much more stupit than me is. You would be dead as a doornail but you should be joyous to to to heaven.

If heaven is so wunnerful why are most people so afraid to die ? Not enough faith ?

If there is nothing after life why bother living at all? Life is pointless, right?

What an attitude. LIfe is for the here and now if nothing else.
Yes for sure belief in an afterlife sure does diminsh the value of the only life we are certain of.

Life sucks. If the here and now was all I could look forward to, I would already be dead.

Back