At What Point?

So, as an atheist, you use the Bible to prove god exists. Makes sense.
What?

I use the BIble to talk about theology, specifically the theology of the god most appropriate to the social millieu I exist in (the West broadly speaking).

I do not seek to prove God "exists" as you said, but rather to point up the reasons why I, personally, fail to believe God exists.

As I told Cypress on MANY MANY occasions there is a lot of good in Christianity and Judaism that I value. There's actually a lot of good stuff in the Bible. I am not on some crusade to make Christianity look bad...fuck, most of my friends whom I love are Christians...I'd be a moron if that was my goal.

I am merely attempting to discuss theology.

What?

I use the BIble to talk about theology, specifically the theology of the god most appropriate to the social millieu I exist in (the West broadly speaking).

I do not seek to prove God "exists" as you said, but rather to point up the reasons why I, personally, fail to believe God exists.

As I told Cypress on MANY MANY occasions there is a lot of good in Christianity and Judaism that I value. There's actually a lot of good stuff in the Bible. I am not on some crusade to make Christianity look bad...fuck, most of my friends whom I love are Christians...I'd be a moron if that was my goal.

I am merely attempting to discuss theology.
Thread topic is not "Let's talk about the Bible." The OP is clearly about the false doctrine of Christianity.

Thread topic is not "Let's talk about the Bible." The OP is clearly about the false doctrine of Christianity.

Le Sigh. And which book do YOU think most appropriate to the discussion of Christianity? I prefer to go with the primary source material.

Too funny. Others on this board claim I am an unrepentant Holy Roller propagandist carrying the water for Christianity.

No one likes being mischaracterized do they? Imagine how I feel being told all the time that I'm trying to paint Christianity in the worst possible light when I've said the exact opposite on many occasions.

I guess you think Barack Obama, Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, Kamala Harris Jimmy Carter are non-thinking people with low IQs, because they are practicing christians.

My Mother, brother, step mother, aunt, cousin are all practicing Christians, and they all have graduate degrees from reputable American and Canadian universities

I think the people that built the Ark Encounter and the Creation Science museum are idiots and deserve all the grief that can be heaped on them.

The fundamentalists on this board deserve to receive unrelenting grief, but they don't represent all two billion Christians on the planet
Being a practicing Christian is one thing. The message of Jesus is great. Being one who believes the Bible is the inerrant word of God is another. Or worse yet, those who cite Leviticus to rationalize their bigotry. Those kinds of Christians. And there are tons of them.

Being a practicing Christian is one thing. The message of Jesus is great. Being one who believes the Bible is the inerrant word of God is another. Or worse yet, those who cite Leviticus to rationalize their bigotry. Those kinds of Christians. And there are tons of them.
Like Christians who support Trump.

You don't know me well enough to say that.

I think the truth claims of all religions have serious flaws.

it honestly seems like you're focused on "debunking" christiantiy.

masons also like the amazing randy who won't pay when he's actually challenged.

it honestly seems like you're focused on "debunking" christiantiy.
Comedic. Many atheists on this forum think the opposite. They think I am a crusader and prosylitizer for Christianity.

I think Samsara is pretty crazy, but no one wants to talk about Buddhism, even though I have brought it up in threads.

Even this forum's discussions about Christianity aren't really about religion; those discussions are just proxies for politics, Team Left Wing vs. Team Right Wing.

Comedic. Many atheists on this forum think the opposite. They think I am a crusader and prosylitizer for Christianity.

I think Samsara is pretty crazy, but no one wants to talk about Buddhism, even though I have brought it up in threads.

Even this forum's discussions about Christianity aren't really about religion; those discussions are just proxies for politics, Team Left Wing vs. Team Right Wing.
just catholicism.

Back