At What Point?

Yes, he did reinterpret.

The Jewish prophets said love your neighbor. Jesus said love the world, including your enemies.

Jesus said it said it wasn't enough to just refrain from adultery. He said you shouldn't even have lust in your heart.

From the point of view of the Saducces and Pharisees, Jesus ignored the ritual purity and sabbath laws of Torah. He hung out with lepers, he didn't keep the Sabath, he didn't practice ritual purity.

Gospel of Mathew was written for a Jewish audience, presumably in the hope that the Jews could still be convinced Jesus was the messiah.

Gospel of Luke and the epistles of Paul were written for a gentile audience.

Almost everything about Chrisitan theology, eschatology, ethics, comes from the NT, the patristic fathers, Augustine, Luther, et al.
The OT is there for reference and prophecy. I cannot recall any Sunday liturgy in the Orthodox Church that incorporated the OT.
Jesus didn't ignore purity and Sabbath laws he ignored the ritual acts of both. Matthew 15: 17-20

The fact that you believe in an immaterial immortal soul, and that heaven is a transcendent place not of this world is straight from Augustine (via Plato), not from Mark, Luke, or Matthew.

So even though you didn't know it, some of the things you believe about theology and eschatology are from Augustine
Comes from long before Plato or Augustine.

since you don't believe in God you have no reason not to continue your lies......

But you do. It's called the 10 Commandments.

You are bearing false witness since I never posted a lie. I assume you know what a lie is but just in case you don't: it's when someone says something they know to be false. I may be liable to error (as are you) but that is not a lie.

So you are bearing false witness. Which, last I checked, the God you believe in so earnestly does not look kindly upon.

But then your actions don't actually belie someone who really cares what God thinks.

it fits you.....wear it with pride.....

It certainly flows out of your filthy mouth quite freely. Almost as if you think God isn't listening to you. Why do you mock God so viciously?

I'm an atheist and even I find it weird what low esteem you seem to have for God.

But, I guess that's your faith such as it is.

It certainly flows out of your filthy mouth quite freely. Almost as if you think God isn't listening to you. Why do you mock God so viciously?

I'm an atheist and even I find it weird what low esteem you seem to have for God.

But, I guess that's your faith such as it is.
odd how people who don't believe in God feel free to make his decisions for him.......you're an atheist......you claim to be a rationalist......its a pity the low esteem you show for simple logic.......but hey, that's why we know atheists are fucked up.......

odd how people who don't believe in God feel free to make his decisions for him.......you're an atheist......you claim to be a rationalist......its a pity the low esteem you show for simple logic.......but hey, that's why we know atheists are fucked up.......

I find it fascinating that you just made a post that bears no resemblance to reality, not even close. How did you do that? Is that how you approach your faith as well?

You don't know me well enough to say that.

I think the truth claims of all religions have serious flaws.
I 've learned it about you from your posts.

only christians are dumb for believing their holy book.

everyone else you give a free pass.

you only criticizes christians.

Jesus didn't ignore purity and Sabbath laws he ignored the ritual acts of both. Matthew 15: 17-20
a distinction without a difference.

saying the whole of the law is to love each other is radically different than Jewish law.

quit being a stubborn dumb cunt denying obvious truth.

he was targeted by the pharisees for ignoring their stupid ass laws.

which are stupid ass.

he's not denying the law, he's denying the ritual of the law = dumb as fuck.

no. Jesus literally believes it's ok to pick grain on the weekend.

you're not even a Catholic dude. you're just a freak who can't read, and yet is still pigheaded and totalitarian about things.

Back