At What Point?

You still stinging over someone realizing you got your degrees from a community college? Sheesh. You harbor grudges like an obsessive.
Why would I be stinging about something that happened over 46 years ago, Perry? Although I have fond memories of my college years, there's even greater fondness for the intervening 46 years. What have you done with your life that you are fond about, Perry?

BTW, most people, especially actual college graduates, realize that community colleges only offer two-year degrees, not four-year degrees.

All that said, thanks for providing more evidence you can't stick to the topic and, therefore, are a hypocrite extraordinaire:
Stick to the topic if possible.
Time until Perry blames me or someone else for his own hypocrisy: 10...9...8....

You seem ready to crack and start screaming at me again in large font All caps bold red letters.

All you got wrong was suggesting that all the resurrection stories were written many decades after the eyewitnesses to Jesus' ministry were conveniently dead.

That's not a big deal to be wrong about, and no reason to go sailing off the edge of the map.

The only reason I knew you were wrong is because I have done a lot of homework. Otherwise what you wrote might have sounded plausible.
That's my favorite part!

Perry is never wrong so, when someone corrects him, he has a problem with it. Apparently, that is common with other atheists such as @Hume .

You and I remain agreed there are plausible secular reasons behind the story of Resurrection including that Jesus survived being crucified.

That's my favorite part!

Perry is never wrong so, when someone corrects him, he has a problem with it. Apparently, that is common with other atheists such as @Hume .

You and I remain agreed there are plausible secular reasons behind the story of Resurrection including that Jesus survived being crucified.
It really wasn't a big deal at all to be wrong about it. I bet even many church going Christians don't know Paul was writing the epistles decades before the gospels were written, and he was in direct contact with eyewitnesses to Jesus' ministry in the apostolic Jerusalem church.

It's certainly not something to stew in resentment and grievance about.

Why would I be stinging about something that happened over 46 years ago, Perry?

Wow...you couldn't even understand the question. That's really sad.

BTW, most people, especially actual college graduates, realize that community colleges only offer two-year degrees, not four-year degrees.

I know that which is why I assumed you're degree was an associates.

All that said, thanks for providing more evidence you can't stick to the topic and, therefore, are a hypocrite extraordinaire:

You come on here and you WANT people to get pissed off. That's all you ever provide on any thread.

It really wasn't a big deal at all to be wrong about it. I bet even many church going Christians don't know Paul was writing the epistles decades before the gospels were written, and he was in direct contact with eyewitnesses to Jesus' ministry in the apostolic Jerusalem church.

Well, again, your hypothesis that Jesus was little better than a conman or that the DIsciples were lying about where he went doesn't hold much water with me either.

Well, it's clear that the thread is now nearing it's final phase. The one where Doc shows up and he and Cypress bitch about everyone else on the thread. Sad but that's how they want it.

I assume it is because Cypress couldn't handle the fact that he cornered himself in the debate and couldn't figure a way out. So it's "attacko" time.

Oh that's right. The Hume rule is no responding to posts unless it's addressed to you.

Should only be a matter of time before he starts haranguing Perry for breaking the Hume rule
It seems that way by his response.

I doubt @Hume will berate Perry for doing what he became upset with me about.

I doubt @Hume will berate Perry for doing what he became upset with me about.

You are joking, right? Hume HATES me almost as much as you do. Except I actually agreed with Hume on a number of occasions. They even poured their hatred on me on this very thread!

Gimme a break. Hume has me on ignore.

Jesus you really are lost aren't you? Everything just confuses you. Is that why you only ever want to piss people off?

Agreed. Was a simple discuss about the origin of NT writings along with other writings of the time. Nothing for anyone to become upset about. When they do become upset, it piques my interest as to why.

Agreed. Was a simple discuss about the origin of NT writings along with other writings of the time. Nothing for anyone to become upset about. When they do become upset, it piques my interest as to why.

If you actually were honest you would see that I am FINE with Cypress's hypothesis about the Resurrection. (I disagree with him about the Disciples lying about the ascension and I disagree with him about Jesus slinking off in the dark of night to avoid capture).

What I get bent about is Cypress continually mischaracterizing my position as one in which the Gospels were written to be a lie. I never said that, in fact I said the EXACT OPPOSITE.

Presumably you know why someone might get annoyed when they are lied about repeatedly.

You are joking, right? Hume HATES me almost as much as you do. Except I actually agreed with Hume on a number of occasions. They even poured their hatred on me on this very thread!

Gimme a break. Hume has me on ignore.

Jesus you really are lost aren't you? Everything just confuses you. Is that why you only ever want to piss people off?
Negative, Perry. Doubtful. He, like you, is just too emotionally invested in your hate for people who disagree with you. Your paranoia is well known, Perry.

Doubtful.

I'm not lost, Perry. Please explain why you think I am lost. Same for confusion. My inquiries only seem to piss off people like you, @Hume and MAGAts. Why do you think that is, Perry?

Negative, Perry. Doubtful. He, like you, is just too emotionally invested in your hate for people who disagree with you. Your paranoia is well known, Perry.

Doubtful.

I'm not lost, Perry. Please explain why you think I am lost. Same for confusion. My inquiries only seem to piss off people like you, @Hume and MAGAts. Why do you think that is, Perry?

Honestly you are exhausting. You literally only ever seem to show up to stir up shit and make people mad. I don't know why that gets you off. It certainly isn't something an adult would derive so much joy from.

Literally every time you show up in a discussion you drag it off into the shit that you love so much.

Get help.

Honestly you are exhausting. You literally only ever seem to show up to stir up shit and make people mad. I don't know why that gets you off. It certainly isn't something an adult would derive so much joy from.

Literally every time you show up in a discussion you drag it off into the shit that you love so much.

Get help.
^^^
Blames me for his negative online experiences and emotional issues.

You could always put me on ignore like @Hume.

Cypress isn't a Holy Roller and neither am I.

What is about stating "I don't claim it as a fact. There is always a possibility of rational alternative explanations" makes someone a "Holy Roller"? Just because he doesn't believe, as ardent atheists do, that the NT is entirely fabricated and that the events described therein never happened?
Is that what ardent atheists do? I thought that they just didn’t believe in a god, at least the Christian one. Now, it’s all that other shit, too?

I don't think it is a completely impossible hypothesis. I don't think it is utterly bat shit crazy. It's certainly not one that should incite rage, resentment, grievance in a discussion about religion. Mark did write that Pontius Pilate was surprised at how quickly Jesus died and was taken off the cross.

Here is what I do think:
Unrepentant Holly rollers are emotionally invested in the inerrancy of the stories of the bible. They have become stuck on a 16th century idea Luther promoted.
Strident Atheists have an emotional investment in believing the New Testament is an unredeemable pack of lies and deceptions. Einsein famously said something like professional atheists are angry at Christianity for reasons commonly more emotional than rational.
The nondogmatic atheists seem to be the ones that are the Bible scholars.

I even have a certificate as real as Perry's!

8sn6tg.jpg

Meanwhile, back on topic:

The same age we tell them about sex, pedophiles, murder and show them pictures of the executions by Hamas in Israel.
Obviously, you are confusing fairy tales with reality.

Do you think Israeli atrocities should be included? We can go back before Hamas ever came on the scene. Why stop there? Photos of lynchings are easy to find, as well.

it's not really..

it's hum drum bullshit people have been getting away with for too long, passing it off as intelligence when it clearly isn't.
The truth is usually hum drum. That’s because it’s constrained by reality.

Lies, however, don’t have that same restriction. They can be tailored to fit whatever audience they need. Probably why we have a gazillion Christian sects.

Back