Atheists: a 5 year old is on her deathbed....

Frank,

Let's be clear, it's not MY definition. That's the so-called Christian definition. That god is AWOL.

I am clear on that. You seem to be unwilling to listen to what I am saying.

The god of the Jews (the one appropriated by the Christians) MAY EXIST anyway.

The people who described what that god wants...what offends that god...what pleases that god...

...MAY HAVE GOT IT ALL WRONG.

And they may have got wrong that the god was looking over what they were saying about it...what is written in that Bible.

You want a god?

No. And if the Christian/Jewish god exists as described in some way...it can suck my cock or kiss my ass...or both, because there is no way I can even tolerate that god let alone love it.

And if such a god as described exists...I would loathe the idea that it might "love" me.

Okay?

Give me Q

qheader.jpg

Whatever.

Two different questions, you hypocritical bitch.

1 - Am I going to die / I hope not; because I would miss you
2 - If I die, am I going to heaven / Yes

Since we disagree on damn near everything...I have mention that I agree here in spades.

I cannot tell you how disappointed I am with some of the people with whom I am usually in substantial agreement. This one is not rocket science.

Your response to a hypothetical, "Am I going to die?"...is what I would say if that question would ever be put to me by a child.

And your response to a hypothetical, "If I die, am I going to heaven?"...is spot on also.

The answer to the hypothetical is:

YES!

Anyone sitting around thinking philosophy or personal morality here...is engaging in philosophical masturbation.

Lying to children is what insane religious people do.

IMHO it is child abuse under any circumstances.

because some peoples brains are wired for beliefs like this I beg to differ

its not a final decision.

the child can outgrow these beliefs

the people telling the child them believe these ideas

your answer to the original question was about the same as mine

we think a lot alike

Since we disagree on damn near everything...I have mention that I agree here in spades.

I cannot tell you how disappointed I am with some of the people with whom I am usually in substantial agreement. This one is not rocket science.

Your response to a hypothetical, "Am I going to die?"...is what I would say if that question would ever be put to me by a child.

And your response to a hypothetical, "If I die, am I going to heaven?"...is spot on also.

YES!

Anyone sitting around thinking philosophy or personal morality here...is engaging in philosophical masturbation.

if I was a clown at a hospital I don't know the families religious beliefs

which is why I answered

the way I did

YES!

why not just tell the child they will not die but will get better if lies are fine

Lying to children is what insane religious people do.

IMHO it is child abuse under any circumstances.

if the child was raised in a family that believes these things

I would tell them what their family has taught them

its about the same as trying to convert an atheist on their deathbed

cruel

I believe life is all we have

if I believe the child will die and there is nothing after

it merely soothes the childs last moments of existance

no harm done to the child

because some peoples brains are wired for beliefs like this I beg to differ

its not a final decision.

the child can outgrow these beliefs

the people telling the child them believe these ideas

your answer to the original question was about the same as mine

we think a lot alike

Some people are insane.
It's not okay to put insane ideas into the head of an inquisitive child.
Under ANY circumstances.

My kids were always told the truth when they asked me a question. Even before they could understand the concepts involved, they got honest truthful answers from me.
They never mistrusted me to this day, because they know I respect their questions.

Even a clown like USFREEDOM has the responsibility to tell the truth, to any child, at any time.

why not just tell the child they will not die but will get better if lies are fine

I appreciate your position, Evince...but I agree with the way USFREEDOM said he would deal with the issue.

In my strong opinion, the answer to the specific hypothetical of the thread is:

YES!

The answer to the second hypothetical that arose, "Am I going to die?"...should almost certainly be answered with as close a variation as possible of: "I hope not; because I would miss you."

Some people are insane.
Under ANY circumstances.

My kids were always told the truth when they asked me a question. Even before they could understand the concepts involved, they got honest truthful answers from me.
They never mistrusted me to this day, because they know I respect their questions.

Even a clown like USFREEDOM has the responsibility to tell the truth, to any child, at any time.

I did the same

even with the kids who visited my house

they got truth from me as best as I could answer

if there were questions we would look up facts

its why I walked away from my family's beliefs in a higher being

some people think they are telling them the truth

Some people are insane.
Under ANY circumstances.

Okay...I get that.

But I hope you never get close to a dying child.

What is "the truth" by the way...or are you merely saying that you would share your guess about the truth at an inappropriate time?

I appreciate your position, Evince...but I agree with the way USFREEDOM said he would deal with the issue.

In my strong opinion, the answer to the specific hypothetical of the thread is:

YES!

The answer to the second hypothetical that arose, "Am I going to die?"...should almost certainly be answered with as close a variation as possible of: "I hope not; because I would miss you."

and then you find out that child was raised in a different religion

and you just caused a family outrage on her deathbed

Okay...I get that.

But I hope you never get close to a dying child.

What is "the truth" by the way...or are you merely saying that you would share your guess about the truth at an inappropriate time?

I would answer with what I know to be true. I don't guess, that is for insane religious people who don't have the strength to recognize reality, to do.
Lying to children is always inappropriate.

Back