Atheists: a 5 year old is on her deathbed....

After scanning the discussion here, I'm guessing that there are at least a couple of you who don't believe that your pets cross the Rainbow Bridge when they pass away;( (they do, btw...)

Rainbow bridge?
Where did you get that from, Saturday morning cartoons?

You seem to have no trouble lying to me...so I question that "respect" you suppose you have.

I do not lie to you. I know a fairytale when I hear one.
If you believe you will live forever because you say the correct incantations to the correct magical, invisible beings, you are lying to yourself or you are insane, or both.

Leonthecat: "I know that there is no such place, or phenomena."
This is the EXACT mirror image of one that says "I KNOW that there IS such a place!".

Hard to 'know' ... The Unknown.

That is insane fantasy.
I deal in reality.
Play the game of lying to yourself in order to deal with your inability to face the reality of your mortality if you must.
Just keep your insanity to yourself.

I have been searching for any hard convincing evidence of any supernatural force for 65 years. It's time to say I know bullshit when I hear it and put it away as suspended sanity due to a weakness of character.
I can accept the finality of my mortality and I do not need to play out childish fantasies like, maybe I can live forever if I pretend not to know, in order to come to grips with it.
I grew up .
It's probably time you did too.

I just read up on it. If you honestly believe that you are retarded.
This was a poem to placate grieving children whose pet has died.
More feel good lies to tell kids.
It is sick.
I'm sorry you feel that way...that's unfortunate, but I appreciate you taking the time to look it up.
I don't know many who are unfamiliar with the Rainbow Bridge...Rest assured, if you had pets who passed away, they've crossed....be happy that they're in good hands now;)

I'm sorry you feel that way...that's unfortunate, but I appreciate you taking the time to look it up.
I don't know many who are unfamiliar with the Rainbow Bridge...Rest assured, if you had pets who passed away, they've crossed....be happy that they're in good hands now;)

I have had pets that have died and I remember their character personalities and our relationship with fondness and warmth.
But I am not a child. They are gone and exist no more in any way, beyond memories.
If you believe a poem, about magical places, written for grieving kids, you are retarded.
I'm not just calling you names here.
I am quite serious.
You are retarded.

Why can't these idiots see the mercy in trying to ease a child's grief and pain? I bet Leon's response to a dying child asking if they will go to heaven would be "no, you will soon be worm food". How sick liberals are is amazing.

Why can't these idiots see the mercy in trying to ease a child's grief and pain? I bet Leon's response to a dying child asking if they will go to heaven would be "no, you will soon be worm food". How sick liberals are is amazing.

I would never say that to anyone dying.
Still I would not lie to them either.
There are many ways to comfort the dying without telling them lies and fairy tales.

I have had pets that have died and I remember their character personalities and our relationship with fondness and warmth.
But I am not a child. They are gone and exist no more in any way, beyond memories.
If you believe a poem, about magical places, written for grieving kids, you are retarded.
I'm not just calling you names here.
I am quite serious.
You are retarded.
You'll be pleasantly surprised someday, particularly since you say you remember your pets with fondness and warmth;)

I would never say that to anyone dying.
Still I would not lie to them either.
There are many ways to comfort the dying without telling them lies and fairy tales.

You say you wouldn't lie to someone that was dying but you don't know that there isn't a God and heaven! All you know is what non-believers taught you. So by denying they will go to heaven you may very well be lying to them!

You say you wouldn't lie to someone that was dying but you don't know that there isn't a God and heaven! All you know is what non-believers taught you. So by denying they will go to heaven you may very well be lying to them!

I know .
I do not practice the childish suspended sanity that you do, so, I know.

Back