Atheists are more intelligent than religious people, say researchers.

You’re the perfect example of the indoctrination of religion and the antithesis of its moral aspects.

howeso?

do you even know what morality is?

morality is a set of beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors that facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships.

All the atheists I've been aware of are actually Satanists. So this OP is saying that Satanists are more intelligent than we Christians? Yeah, you go for it.

The Left's god is Satan, and the Right's GOD is Christ. Care to tell us which god was the more intelligent?

You have no idea how stupid and uninformed your post was.

Atheists are more intelligent than religious people, say researchers
New paper sets out to explain negative correlation between faith and intellect found in dozens of past studies

The theory — called the 'Intelligence-Mismatch Association Model' — was proposed by a pair of authors who set out to explain why numerous studies over past decades have found religious people to have lower average intelligence than people who do not believe in a god.

A 2013 analysis by University of Rochester found “a reliable negative relation between intelligence and religiosity” in 53 out of 63 historic studies.

A negative correlation between intelligence and religion makes sense if religion is considered an instinct, and intelligence the ability to rise above one's instincts, say researchers Edward Dutton and Dimitri van der Linden in their new paper published today.

Writing for Springer’s journal of Evolutionary Psychological Science, the authors – who are based at the Ulster Institute for Social Research and Rotterdam University respectively – explained their model is based on the ideas of evolutionary psychologist Satoshi Kanazawa.

Mr Kanazawa's 'Savanna-IQ Principles' suggest human behaviour will always be guided by the environment in which their ancestors developed.

Mr Dutton and Mr van der Linden argue in keeping with this that religion should be considered an 'evolved domain' — or instinct.

Rising above instincts is advantageous, they said in a statement, because it helps people to solve problems.

“If religion is an evolved domain then it is an instinct, and intelligence — in rationally solving problems — can be understood as involving overcoming instinct and being intellectually curious and thus open to non-instinctive possibilities,” explained Mr Dutton.

According to the 2013 review, the more intelligent a child is — even during early years — the more likely it is to turn away from religion.

In old age, above-average-intelligence people are less likely to believe in a god.

Mr Dutton and Mr van der Linden also investigated the link between instinct and stress, and the instinctiveness with which people tend to operate during stressful periods.

They argue that being intelligent helps people during stressful times to weigh up their options and act rationally rather than give in to knee-jerk responses.

“If religion is indeed an evolved domain — an instinct — then it will become heightened at times of stress, when people are inclined to act instinctively, and there is clear evidence for this,” said Mr Dutton.

“It also means that intelligence allows us to able to pause and reason through the situation and the possible consequences of our actions.”

The researchers believe that people who are attracted to the non-instinctive are potentially better problem solvers.

“This is important, because in a changing ecology, the ability to solve problems will become associated with rising above our instincts, rendering us attracted to evolutionary mismatches,” said Mr van der Linden.

This is just as dumb as when Maga pulls up some screeching study that liberals are more mentally unstable. Don't play their game. It looks really bad

small_iq%20vs%20religion.jpg

All the atheists I've been aware of are actually Satanists. So this OP is saying that Satanists are more intelligent than we Christians? Yeah, you go for it.

The Left's god is Satan, and the Right's GOD is Christ. Care to tell us which god was the more intelligent?

Satan - another childish myth.

“The devil made me do it!”

howeso?

do you even know what morality is?

morality is a set of beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors that facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships.

So far, I have seen nothing from your dogmatic posts that facilitates anything that is cooperative or mutually beneficial. Thst is, unless you call constant distortion, lies and general bullshit mutually beneficial.

This is just as dumb as when Maga pulls up some screeching study that liberals are more mentally unstable. Don't play their game. It looks really bad

Yeah, it's a fact that liberals are much more mentally unstable, in fact, the study I posted showed that over 50% of young female democrats have
had serious mental disorders. Facts are facts fella or tranny. And male dems have a much higher mental disorder than do Conservative men.

Atheists are more intelligent than religious people, say researchers
New paper sets out to explain negative correlation between faith and intellect found in dozens of past studies
You forgot to link the article. Otherwise it's a rule violation.

I wonder how the study measured intelligence and religion?
I'd like to know the methodology too, but there's no link.

Yeah, it's a fact that liberals are much more mentally unstable, in fact, the study I posted showed that over 50% of young female democrats have
had serious mental disorders. Facts are facts fella or tranny. And male dems have a much higher mental disorder than do Conservative men.
That's not what the study said, dumbass. I'm guessing you know that's true since you didn't provide a link to it.

That's not what the study said, dumbass. I'm guessing you know that's true since you didn't provide a link to it.

Look it up yourself at this forum where I posted it a while ago. I'm not going to do the search for a dumbass like yourself.

Look it up yourself at this forum where I posted it a while ago. I'm not going to do the search for a dumbass like yourself.

I already read it, son. You're either stupid or lying when you claimed this:
Yeah, it's a fact that liberals are much more mentally unstable, in fact, the study I posted showed that over 50% of young female democrats have had serious mental disorders. Facts are facts fella or tranny. And male dems have a much higher mental disorder than do Conservative men.

You prove the falsity of that with every post you make.

People who claim to be science based truth tellers now routinely lie their asses off.....this is almost certainly part of the New Slavers divide the people program.

You prove the falsity of that with every post you make.

What's false about what I posted a while back that 50% or more of young dem women have serious mental disorders,
and without looking back to that particular OP of mine, I believe Conservative women of the same age as those lib
women had somewhere around 24% or 26% mental disorders, which is about 50% less than those lib women.

What's false about what I posted a while back that 50% or more of young dem women have serious mental disorders,
and without looking back to that particular OP of mine, I believe Conservative women of the same age as those lib
women had somewhere around 24% or 26% mental disorders, which is about 50% less than those lib women.

Trump supporters are fascists. You folk lie just for fun.

Back