Atheists more Intelligent

Why do these crackpot theologians here keep using the bible as a reference tool to prove the existence of god?

That would be like me attempting to prove the existence of Voldemort using Harry Potter's books.

Indeed, hence the people capable of critical thought reject the bible as a fictional work that created a "character" god to explain the unexplainable (and force Jews to cut their dicks and women to know their place).

Do you reject Aesop's Fables? The Art of War? Why would you reject the ancient wisdom found in Psalms or Proverbs?

A god humans invented to control people.

Sorry but that's overly simplistic in my opinion. The Bible is a lot of things and existed in a time when there might be only one book/set of scrolls in the entire tribe. It has a creation history*, the equivalent of Hammurabi's Code, healthy dietary codes, history, etc. It would have evolved, not just suddenly thought up by ancient Jews like an political campaign slogan.

While some people did use religion to "control" others, most often it gave them all a common basis for society.

*most cultures have a creation story. About the first 30 years of a modern human's life is spent in a search of identity. The Bible helped give the ancient Hebrews that identity.

Do you reject Aesop's Fables? The Art of War? Why would you reject the ancient wisdom found in Psalms or Proverbs?
The Bible is a very interesting collection of literature
[FONT=&quot]2 Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth; [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]for your love is better than wine. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3 Your oils have a pleasing fragrance. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Your name is oil poured out, [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]therefore the virgins love you...[/FONT]
The Song of Songs 1:2-3

The Bible is a very interesting collection of literature
[FONT="]2 Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth; [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0000FF][FONT="]for your love is better than wine. [/FONT]

[FONT="]3 Your oils have a pleasing fragrance. [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0000FF][FONT="]Your name is oil poured out, [/FONT]

[FONT="]therefore the virgins love you...[/FONT]
The Song of Songs 1:2-3

"Over four thousand years in the making!"

Sorry but that's overly simplistic in my opinion. The Bible is a lot of things and existed in a time when there might be only one book/set of scrolls in the entire tribe. It has a creation history*, the equivalent of Hammurabi's Code, healthy dietary codes, history, etc. It would have evolved, not just suddenly thought up by ancient Jews like an political campaign slogan.

While some people did use religion to "control" others, most often it gave them all a common basis for society.

*most cultures have a creation story. About the first 30 years of a modern human's life is spent in a search of identity. The Bible helped give the ancient Hebrews that identity.

Simplicity applies in some instances. Religion is about control, spirituality is about the deeper meaning of life. The various books of the Bible were written for different purposes, the compilation of the books was about control.

Every genius engineer I know is a devout Christian. At least 7..
Even the leader of engineers in America is a devout Christian.

Yeah, sure. Scientists and doctors are largely not believers in any gods.
Many engineers are conservatives. They are Trumpies too. That must mean something profound, but it eludes me.

Simplicity applies in some instances. Religion is about control, spirituality is about the deeper meaning of life. The various books of the Bible were written for different purposes, the compilation of the books was about control.

Just like "common sense gun regulations" are about control? LOL

Some people do or have used religion as only about "control", but most do not. It's common anchor for people in a hostile world. No better or worse than any other tool of mankind just like politics.

EDIT: Agreed 100% on spirituality as the deeper meaning. Religion is a tool.

Last edited:
Many engineers are conservatives. They are Trumpies too. That must mean something profound, but it eludes me.

Maybe it's because engineers have to produce tangible results so they're far more likely to pray to God that things work because their job and their ass is on the line...

:thinking:

I think you're being baited. "Every genius engineer I know". Dude, how many fucking "genius engineers" do you think he knows? My guess?: FUCKING ZERO.

He's trolling you. Which seems more likely; that he's fucking with everyone or he actually knows at least one "genius engineer"?

Back