Attempt to rekindle Domestic Oil Drilling...

ROFLMAO... so... we have a 10-12 year supply but who cares, because we cannot get it all out in ten years? You are a complete moron.

Who cares if it takes 30 years to get it all out? Say it is a 10 year supply and it takes 30 years to pump it all out... that means 1/3 of our oil demand will be met each year by this source and all that money will stay in the US.

and what do we do in 30 years ? If we start now it will take us half that long to get alternatives going. Heck Republican led CAFE mileage restrictions might even kick in fully by then ;)

Bullcrap! It would too decrease the value of your homes. Heck high power lines decrease the value of a home.

Do you have a link to data that backs up your assertation?

Home values in NY, NJ, MA etc... that have decreased in value since the plants opened?

Or we will even accept the home values in France etc... that are near plants....

put up or shut up.

Bullcrap! It would too decrease the value of your homes. Heck high power lines decrease the value of a home.
Total rubbish. You have no idea what rural America looks like if you keep insisting this, and I don't believe that you are ignorant in that area. The site would be far from our homes while still in the county. You keep pressuring fear for no reason. It's like the idiots who opposed the wildlife refuge because some of the animals might escape.

Do you have a link to data that backs up your assertation?

Home values in NY, NJ, MA etc... that have decreased in value since the plants opened?

Or we will even accept the home values in France etc... that are near plants....

put up or shut up.
This.

Total rubbish. You have no idea what rural America looks like if you keep insisting this, and I don't believe that you are ignorant in that area. The site would be far from our homes while still in the county. You keep pressuring fear for no reason. It's like the idiots who opposed the wildlife refuge because some of the animals might escape.

so you have plenty of water in your county for a nuke plant ?

It does take a good amount of water... about 3-4 barrels per barrell of oil.

On the other hand.... corn takes about 700-1000 barrells of water to produce the energy equivalent of one barrell of oil.

i guess it is spoilage of good ground drinking water that is the concern with shale extraction....?

found this link....towards the bottom, speaks about it...

http://ostseis.anl.gov/guide/oilshale/index.cfm

why would our global oil companies spend the money to develope this in a massive way if they cheaply can draw oil out of the sand a few feet down, in IRAQ, where they just got their 30 year contract to do such?

They are in this for profit....

the other environmental impacts are HUGE too, and they MUST be taken in to the equation, they can not be ignored.

and on refineries, congress passed a bill a few years ago, that gave the refining industry carte blanche to build refineries on our military bases that we have downsized/closed, so that they can avoid any concerns of environmentalists and the not in my backyard crowds....why haven't they started to build additional refing plants there?

so you have plenty of water in your county for a nuke plant ?
LOL. How much water does a Natural Gas station use? Post more in ignorance, keep trying to push more fear onto people you hope remain in ignorance. I don't know why you hope so many people fear the bogie-man. But you clearly do.

and on refineries, congress passed a bill a few years ago, that gave the refining industry carte blanche to build refineries on our military bases that we have downsized/closed, so that they can avoid any concerns of environmentalists and the not in my backyard crowds....why haven't they started to build additional refing plants there?
//

Yep, money.

And Damo would not Nuke plants just make us dependent on other countries for fuel for them ? ie Nigeria and such stable countries as that ?

If the price of gas hits $5 gallon before Nov and the dems don't change tunes that may put Mcain over the top.
That's the only long shot I see him having at winning.

//

Yep, money.

And Damo would not Nuke plants just make us dependent on other countries for fuel for them ? ie Nigeria and such stable countries as that ?
This again, calls for profitability of extraction. The US used to be, and not very long ago, the #1 producer of Uranium. Those sources could be tapped today.

This again, calls for profitability of extraction. The US used to be, and not very long ago, the #1 producer of Uranium. Those sources could be tapped today.

Yeah oand one of thouse sources is in VA. they are tying to start back up over there. Quite a stink, the area has grown a lot since the mined Uranium there.

check out where Uranium comes from. Canada has a bit, but most from theird world countries. And a good reason for that.

Heck you can't even sell your home if too much Radon gas :D

Yeah oand one of thouse sources is in VA. they are tying to start back up over there. Quite a stink, the area has grown a lot since the mined Uranium there.

check out where Uranium comes from. Canada has a bit, but most from theird world countries. And a good reason for that.

Heck you can't even sell your home if too much Radon gas :D

i had to spend a grand on the home we sold in massachusetts to remediate the radon gas before the buyers would close!

wish i had checked it, 8 years earlier, when we bought the home!

I have been right ie correct more than you have in recent years dude.

Bush now that was a load of crap.

No, you have not. You have proven once again what a moron you are. Trying to change the topic to Bush to somehow "prove" or "show" that your opinion on Bush somehow equates to your being able to say whatever the fuck you want without having to back it up.

I am done with your ignorance.

i had to spend a grand on the home we sold in massachusetts to remediate the radon gas before the buyers would close!

wish i had checked it, 8 years earlier, when we bought the home!
We had radon mitigators in the home we sold before we moved out to the redneck areas.

No, you have not. You have proven once again what a moron you are. Trying to change the topic to Bush to somehow "prove" or "show" that your opinion on Bush somehow equates to your being able to say whatever the fuck you want without having to back it up.

I am done with your ignorance.

I was done with your ignorance when you were a bushite.

Still are some.

Back