• I like walnuts!

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
Should I keep it or dump it?

Again, please vote seriously. I personally don't care if there are seven posts in a row by somebody... but vote for how you, yourself think it should be.

its fine with me.

I know my posting style bugs some people .

I don't know why they think it harms anything but its just how I think.

I think something so I type it and post it

then another thought runs through my mind so I post it.

I talk that way too

Well, it never bothered me, Desh. But it seemed to bother others. If you don't mind it, and others like it, I'll keep it. But it won't hurt my feelings to make it go away.

Many people I have come across over the years would abuse this ability as a way to increase their post count. This eliminates that. I don't see why anyone would complain about multiple posts becoming one. The board/threads will look much smoother without any one member making many posts in a row.

I don't like the merge, because often topics that are slightly different are merged because a moderator cant see that the threads are in fact different.

I don't like the merge, because often topics that are slightly different are merged because a moderator cant see that the threads are in fact different.

This doesn't merge threads, Jarod. Only replies by one person in one thread.

Say someone makes 5 posts in a row in a thread within a minute or so - this merges them together as if they made just one post.

Oh, I see. I have not noticed it being used.

I guess Id say dump it, because a poster might have a good reason for separating them.

its fine with me.

I know my posting style bugs some people .

I don't know why they think it harms anything but its just how I think.

I think something so I type it and post it

then another thought runs through my mind so I post it.

I talk that way too

Of course it may have something to do with the fact that you are incapable of using the editor or the quote feature.

I don't really dig computer shit.

I am here because its the best place in the world to discuss politics

I think you should provide more info on the specific parameters, cause I don't really know how it functions atm

- what's the min number of posts it will merge? Will it merge a double post, or does it need to reach a certain threshold?

- What is the timespan for when it will merge posts?

I set a two minute limit, for now. It automatically merges posts in the thread made by the same person if somebody else hasn't posted between them.

2 minutes is a long time in a rapid fire thread. it might get confusing if multiple separate sentences are being merged together.

I bet most people won't know the difference and it will take care of Desh's crapflooding.

Speaking of Wereeolf? Aren't we do for a game?

A) it was really fun
B) it seems to annoy the shit out of Desh

Win win in my book

Back