Billions in taxpayer dollars now go to religious schools via vouchers

Not sure what you mean.
Not sure what you mean.
Superintendent, who run the districts, are generally wealthy. Those in state government at a higher level are often also wealthy.

That doesn't really matter. The fact is you want a united country by forcing low income kids into government schools while the wealthy get to remove their kids from the monopoly.

Superintendent, who run the districts, are generally wealthy. Those in state government at a higher level are often also wealthy.

That doesn't really matter. The fact is you want a united country by forcing low income kids into government schools while the wealthy get to remove their kids from the monopoly.
If everyone left one bad school, where would they go? Then the next school is abandoned, and they go to the next. And so on. Why I call it musical chairs.

If everyone left one bad school, where would they go? Then the next school is abandoned, and they go to the next. And so on. Why I call it musical chairs.

You're changing the subject. Schools sometimes close. What is right or wrong isn't automatically determined by the unintended consequences. If a specific public school sucks and it has to close because enough parents know it sucks, oh well. Maybe the state and school district will address the issue so a) more schools don't close or b) there's enough demand to reopen.

Either way, this who "we have to hold the country together....unless you're wealthy" thing doesn't work

Unlike you, I don't just make shit up:

{
Charter schools have evolved over the course of two decades, and their students now show greater academic gains than their peers in traditional public schools, according to a new report from a group of researchers who have studied the evolution of charters since 2000.

The study, which examined student performance in 6,200 charter schools from 2014 to 2019, marks a turning point in the understanding of charter school performance. It’s the third study of its kind from researchers at the Center for Research on Education Outcomes, or CREDO, after the center’s earlier studies found that charter school students performed either worse than or about the same as their peers in traditional public schools.

From 2014 to 2019, charter school students gained, on average, the equivalent of 16 days of learning in reading and six days in math over their peers in traditional public schools. Eighty-three percent of charter school students performed the same as or better than their peers in reading, and 75 percent performed the same as or better in math, according to the study, which includes data from 29 states, New York City, and the District of Columbia.}

Yep, that’s what one can do with selective enrollment.

You're changing the subject. Schools sometimes close. What is right or wrong isn't automatically determined by the unintended consequences. If a specific public school sucks and it has to close because enough parents know it sucks, oh well. Maybe the state and school district will address the issue so a) more schools don't close or b) there's enough demand to reopen.

Either way, this who "we have to hold the country together....unless you're wealthy" thing doesn't work
I never said anything about the wealthy. That is your issue.

I never said anything about the wealthy. That is your issue.
Do you think poor/low income people can afford to put their kids in private schools? You've already said you don't want to ban private schools, so apparently the wealthy aren't apart of the America you are trying to save.

Aaaaaaand, the playing dumb has started, as has wasting my time.
Like I said, the issue of wealthy people has nothing to do with the topic of the thread. This is YOUR issue, not mine.

YOU decided to ignore the topic.

This is the topic of the thread:

Billions in taxpayer dollars now go to religious schools​

Last edited:
Aaaaaaand, the playing dumb has started, as has wasting my time.
I consistently stated that vouchers are wrong and bad policy.
If you pay your property taxes, do not use a voucher, then you can pay for a private school.
I think this is wrong, but we are a long way from making private schools illegal.

If you pay your property taxes, do not use a voucher, then you can pay for a private school.
I think this is wrong, but we are a long way from making private schools illegal.
The non-poor and non-low income can pay for private school. So, your desire to save the democracy by having everyone in public schools doesn't include the wealthy, right? You want to save the nation by keeping an educational caste system.

The non-poor and non-low income can pay for private school. So, your desire to save the democracy by having everyone in public schools doesn't include the wealthy, right? You want to save the nation by keeping an educational caste system.
I want no vouchers anywhere for any reason.
We are not going to make private schools illegal.
So yes, if the wealthy want to pay school tax and private school tuition it cannot be stopped.

Vouchers are not a solution, they make things worse.

I want no vouchers anywhere for any reason.
We are not going to make private schools illegal.
So yes, if the wealthy want to pay school tax and private school tuition it cannot be stopped.

Vouchers are not a solution, they make things worse.
I'm not saying you want vouchers anywhere. I'm saying you want to keep everyone but the wealthy relegated to public schools. It's an educational caste system. The best part is that the poorest people generally have the worst schools.

How long until you want to federalize public schools. I'd guess right about now.

I'm not saying you want vouchers anywhere. I'm saying you want to keep everyone but the wealthy relegated to public schools. It's an educational caste system. The best part is that the poorest people generally have the worst schools.

How long until you want to federalize public schools. I'd guess right about now.
Post #195

Since you do want to talk about the topic, that is fine.

But I am not going to spend time with statistics proving the effectiveness or failure of vouchers.

you animals want to poison EVERY child

Back