Billions in taxpayer dollars now go to religious schools via vouchers

What's wrong with that? Vouchers basically allow parents to redirect their tax money, that would have gone to government schools, to the school they want it to go to.

Yeah but think about the UNIONS.

Every dollar that goes to educating a child is a dollar not going to public employee unions.

We need to have priorities. Do we want to waste money teaching children to read, write, and do advanced arithmetic? Or will we make sure that Randi Weingarten and her union are rolling in taxpayer money?

Because most governments stifle competition, not Becky can't be a business. You don't think private colleges fair well vs public colleges?
I am talking about high school, public education. There is no law forcing children to go to college.

Irrelevant. Parents should be free to decide who educates their kids.
Yep, they should. That’s irrelevant to how it’s paid for. As I said, religions already abscond with enough of our tax money through their exemptions. Now, they want direct payments, as well.

“The root of all evil is the love of money”.

The problem is that a lot of governments suck at running schools and it screwing kids who's parents can't afford to pay for public and private schools.
Nope. The government does a pretty good job at educating our kids. It’s the parents who don’t give a shit that fuck it up.

Billions in taxpayer dollars are being used to pay tuition at religious schools throughout the country, as state voucher programs expand dramatically and the line separating public education and religion fades.

School vouchers can be used at almost any private school, but the vast majority of the money is being directed to religious schools, according to a Washington Post examination of the nation’s largest voucher programs.

So, progressive leftist public schools are getting billions in taxpayer dollars are they?

Not even close to true when it comes to standardized test scores for K-12.

Not even close to true when it comes to standardized test scores for K-12.
Wrong again, dumbfuck. USNEWS k-12

• Massachusetts. #1 in Pre-K-12. #10 in Best States Overall. ...
  • New Jersey. #2 in Pre-K-12. #14 in Best States Overall. ...
  • Connecticut. #3 in Pre-K-12. #20 in Best States Overall. ...
  • New Hampshire. #4 in Pre-K-12. #2 in Best States Overall. ...
  • New York. #5 in Pre-K-12. ...
  • Utah. #6 in Pre-K-12. ...
  • Illinois. #7 in Pre-K-12. ...
  • Wisconsin. #8 in Pre-K-12.
Fourth grade was the worst few years of your life, wasn’t it, Rufus?

Not my point.
You agree there's nothing preventing education from being a business, right? There are already private, charter, public. You, regardless of performance, what to force poor/lower income kids to go to shitty government monopoly schools by forcing their tax money to go to only government schools.

Sounds "American" to me!

Back