Blacks Arrested for "Contempt of Cop" at 8x Higher Rate

Yes, you have the ability to do that, ours are appointed for life.

Your judges?

The only judges that are appointed for life in America are the supreme court justices. I don't necessarily like the idea of elected judges, but I also don't like the idea of judges being appointed for LIFE.

Your judges?

The only judges that are appointed for life in America are the supreme court justices. I don't necessarily like the idea of elected judges, but I also don't like the idea of judges being appointed for LIFE.

They are here. By life I mean that while they have to retire at 70 they have a job unless they go nuts or commit a very, very serious crime. Interestingly enough in most if not all states there is no official retirement age for anyone except a very few statutory positions (judges being the only one I know about) as discrimination laws at state and federal level removed that concept.

If there's no authority checking on the police I can understand someone being exasperated with police misbehaviour when it occurs, but the answer is to press for a supervising authority that can investigate or at the very least oversee investigations into alleged misbehaviour or unlawful behaviour by the police. The courts are supposed to protect the interests of the individual against the state as well, are they not doing their job?

have you paid any attention to how they do that shit in chicago? That is how the system works, it takes care of its own and says 'fuck you' to the citizen. grow up and face reality.

Your judges?

and here I thought they were just kidding when people said you were really stupid.

They are here. By life I mean that while they have to retire at 70 they have a job unless they go nuts or commit a very, very serious crime. Interestingly enough in most if not all states there is no official retirement age for anyone except a very few statutory positions (judges being the only one I know about) as discrimination laws at state and federal level removed that concept.

The retire at 70 idea was taken from FDR. Interestingly enough, FDR was only using that idea to pack his courts with friendly judges. Your nation seems to have taken him seriously, though.

Yes indeed.............

and most of those that are former marines know how to be professional and lawful. It's not those that are the problem. Usually, the problem ones are those that couldn't qualify for military duty and had to settle for bullying civilians around. Those are the ones that escalate stupidly.

the 1% of bad cops...Liberals who snuck in under the radar!

have you paid any attention to how they do that shit in chicago? That is how the system works, it takes care of its own and says 'fuck you' to the citizen. grow up and face reality.

I keep reading about some very bad stuff in Chicago. I remember the off duty Chicago detective who was caught on video assaulting a female staff member in a bar. Apparently he shouldn't have made it through the selection process but was somebody's son. I don't know the update but if he wasn't sacked (as well as prosecuted of course) then that would tell me the system in Chicago is pretty rotten.

But that's the only information I've got. Have you got some more info about Chicago? Do they have an oversight body? If not they could probably use one.

The retire at 70 idea was taken from FDR. Interestingly enough, FDR was only using that idea to pack his courts with friendly judges. Your nation seems to have taken him seriously, though.

We probably borrowed it from England. I remember one of our current judges on the High Court saying that 70 was the age of "statutory senility" for a judge.

Back