Blood bath

Oh the US Military killed far more than that. So many civilians were just vaporized during the initial “shock and awe” we’ll never really know how many we murdered.

For Chist sake, Darla, I really had no idea that barbarians like this existed until today.

I'd like to see a canidate talk about using US influence in the UN to effect real change. This shouldn't be our burden alone.

You're a total jackass. The burden is ours alone because we insisted on a course of action that the UN rightfully rejected. Your position is essentially that you want the UN to do whatever the fuck we want it to do.

You're a total jackass. The burden is ours alone because we insisted on a course of action that the UN rightfully rejected. Your position is essentially that you want the UN to do whatever the fuck we want it to do.

No, One asshole in France who had officials in the UN being bribed by Saddam messed it up, due to the inadequate structure of the body. 5 different cultures have to agree on one issue under veto threat, one nation can't even come close to achieving this, let alone 5 distinct cultures and national interests. The UN needs to be updated to meet the challenges of the 21st century, a 2.0 if you will.

No, One asshole in France who had officials in the UN being bribed by Saddam messed it up, due to the inadequate structure of the body. 5 different cultures have to agree on one issue under veto threat, one nation can't even come close to achieving this, let alone 5 distinct cultures and national interests. The UN needs to be updated to meet the challenges of the 21st century, a 2.0 if you will.

You just want to make it easier to wage war with UN approval. That's not the purpose of the institution. You should also keep in mind that the UN was responding effectively to the supposed threat that Saddam posed.

But you don't feel this way when the US exersizes its veto do you. Not that I am defending the UN anymore. They have tons of iraqi blood on their hands to in the whole Money for Oil fiasco. That being said, I am certain when the US uses it's veto power you are less concerned with the structure.

Back