Bowl Games

If you look at most defensive players just before any tackle they're leading with their helmet almost every time. Sometimes in the heat of moment the head will be the first to hit the guy with the ball, something the tackler can't always control. Strictly following the rule results in the penalty and ejection regardless of what part of the body the helmet touches first. Was watching some of the recordings and you could watch a replay and call a ton of targeting .
I understand trying to make the game safer but this isn't flag football.
Rule needs changing.

Part of the problem is changing the way the kids are taught to tackle. When I played, in the late 1970s, we were taught to lead with out head and "stick" the opponent. Some kids playing little league and the like, play for 10 years before they get to college. Hard to unlearn a decade of teaching.

Part of the problem is changing the way the kids are taught to tackle. When I played, in the late 1970s, we were taught to lead with out head and "stick" the opponent. Some kids playing little league and the like, play for 10 years before they get to college. Hard to unlearn a decade of teaching.

When did Little League (baseball and softball) have anything to do with "leading with their head and stick the opponent"??

People with high academics are admitted. It would be the people with lower academics that would lose out spots to athletes.

And the total, full time, undergrad enrollment at Alabama is 29,923. There are 85 football scholarships total. So the football scholarships account for 0.28% of the enrollment. If you lose your spot to a football player, you were on the borderline anyway.

Not necessarily. You have no way of proving what you claim.

I never mentioned scholarships. Nice try, again, but I'm still smarter than you.

When did Little League (baseball and softball) have anything to do with "leading with their head and stick the opponent"??

There is Little League football too.

They may have changed the names, American Youth football, ect. But it amounts to the same thing. It was "little league" when my friends played. I didn't play football until Junior High.

Not necessarily. You have no way of proving what you claim.

I never mentioned scholarships. Nice try, again, but I'm still smarter than you.

"However, if you believe 5 star athletes aren't admitted while people with high academic abilities are left out, you're an idiot."

If the 5 star athletes are not attending on scholarship, they compete for the same open seats that everyone else does. They will enroll just like everyone else.

And if you think most 5 star recruits aren't on scholarship, you're an idiot.

"However, if you believe 5 star athletes aren't admitted while people with high academic abilities are left out, you're an idiot."

If the 5 star athletes are not attending on scholarship, they compete for the same open seats that everyone else does. They will enroll just like everyone else.

And if you think most 5 star recruits aren't on scholarship, you're an idiot.

Not when their being let in based on how fast they can run vs. how well they can read, etc. Scholarships have nothing to do with it.

If you think some dumb nigger that can't read on fifth grade level but can run faster than a gazelle isn't being let in before someone else with a 4.0 or higher GPA, you're an idiot.

It means they are breaking the rules, or cheating. Whether the athletic programs make money is a completely different topic.

The athletic programs making money is why those schools let someone in that isn't as academically qualified as someone left out.

Not when their being let in based on how fast they can run vs. how well they can read, etc. Scholarships have nothing to do with it.

If you think some dumb nigger that can't read on fifth grade level but can run faster than a gazelle isn't being let in before someone else with a 4.0 or higher GPA, you're an idiot.

If the athlete is that good, he will be on scholarship. Otherwise, he will be going to a school where he CAN get a scholarship. Why pay tuition if someone will cover it for you?

If you have a 4.0 GPA, you are getting in. It is the people with 3.0 that aren't getting in.

Also, since Saban has been at Alabama, the average GPA has continued to climb.

The athletic programs making money is why those schools let someone in that isn't as academically qualified as someone left out.

They offer 85 scholarships, total, for football players. The rest compete just like every student does.

And its not all GPA. A student with a 3.8 and lots of hours of community service will likely get in over a student with a 4.0 and nothing else.

I don’t know that ‘SC necessarily has an easier path than ND to the playoff outside the argument it’s harder for ND because they’re not in a conference.

It’s just a stupid argument he’s making. Almost all of the sports blue bloods, outside of ND and USC, are public schools. On a top 20 historical list you can add Miami on it and that’s it for private schools.

So public schools on the whole have always dominated the sport. And ND and USC can compete today the same just as in the past

Hang in there Cawacko! The next game either of our teams play will be Sept 5th when we line up against each other.

I look forward to it!

Hang in there Cawacko! The next game either of our teams play will be Sept 5th when we line up against each other.

I look forward to it!

That makes one of us! I flew out for the 2016 debacle. Not sure I want to do so again. There is little I am more passionate about in life (outside of family, health etc.) than USC football and Clay Helton has taken away that joy for me. You guys will boat race us. Honestly, if the spread were 50 I still might take 'Bama.

That makes one of us! I flew out for the 2016 debacle. Not sure I want to do so again. There is little I am more passionate about in life (outside of family, health etc.) than USC football and Clay Helton has taken away that joy for me. You guys will boat race us. Honestly, if the spread were 50 I still might take 'Bama.

If we are going to boat race you, we will need a better defense than we showed this year.

But yeah, if Helton stays on I'd put my money on Bama.

If we are going to boat race you, we will need a better defense than we showed this year.

But yeah, if Helton stays on I'd put my money on Bama.

You of all people understand how culture defines a program. Carroll built a winning culture at 'SC. Saban has done the same at 'Bama. (both schools are blue bloods of course but that doesn't mean they haven't gone through down periods) Helton has built a culture of softness, lack of discipline and excuses. Basically the opposite of what your Carroll's, Dabo's, Urban Meyer's and Saban's have done.

We hired Graham Harrell to install the air raid offense and towards the end of the year we were able to score some points but overall the team was just soft and it showed when we played good teams. So I'm torn on Harrell. On one hand he has a good offensive mind and a bright future. But I don't love the air raid either. I don't dislike it but I think there's a reason you don't see Ohio State, Alabama and Clemson running it. Now Oklahoma does to an extent but they always have defensive problems as well. I don't think that's a coincidence.

For starters Pitt is a public school so I'm not sure why you're including them in your list. And the whole premise of your argument is USC can't win in 2020 because Syracuse, Navy, Army and BC haven't won since 1959 even though we've won seven national championships since that time.

Again, you've yet to address a single thing about USC. You've not addressed the sanctions or coaches. You just assume its money even though you have no clue why we've made the decisions we have.

Pitt is a semi private/public school, Pennsylvania has unique methods of funding, Pitt gets some State money but is not administered, runned or included in the State Education system

And I have addressed USC, repeatingly, and the other schools were employed hopefully as examples how private schools and even many public schools have selected not to compete at the playoff level due to the cost, the schools, especially those private schools without access to State money to fall back upon, have prioritized their funding, as USC apparently has and I'm predicting will continue to do, what do they have to lose

Your just seeing everything thru nostalgia, again, there are only seven or eight, ten tops, schools that have decided that they will fork over the millions necessary to secure their alumni a playoff caliber football team, and in addition, the vast majority of those schools are in geographic regions that really don't offer a whole lot of anything else in terms of athletic competition

There is Little League football too.

They may have changed the names, American Youth football, ect. But it amounts to the same thing. It was "little league" when my friends played. I didn't play football until Junior High.

Please provide the link for that.

Back