BREAKING NEWS: NY GOVERNOR SPITZER INVOLVED IN PROSTITUTION RING!

And it's not impossible, the Republican party did very well here for a long time. You forget, Northeast Republicans are not your republicans. Here, they are fiscally conservative, but tend to be socially liberal. You won't find them running for state office on an anti-choice, anti-gay platform. They get elected.

And passing laws that put people in jail for 30 years or so for drug crimes. A la Rockefeller drug laws. Seriously, how many Republicans are in the New York state assembly? 30% of them?

Republicans can capture the executive spot, but not the legislature, and so they never really hold a lot power.

And passing laws that put people in jail for 30 years or so for drug crimes. A la Rockefeller drug laws. Seriously, how many Republicans are in the New York state assembly? 30% of them?

Republicans can capture the executive spot, but not the legislature, and so they never really hold a lot power.

The article states the Republicans have controlled the state Senate for decades. Is that wrong?

speeding doesn't require any intent, well for most of us. Being involved in Prostitution DOES. You don't just accidentally wake up balls deep in a woman you payed to be balls deep in. You had to work at getting there. Hell lots of us speed by accident and it is still a crime. That is the difference. I hope he gets to spend some time in club fed. Next to all those wall street people he prosecuted and convicted.

The article states the Republicans have controlled the state Senate for decades. Is that wrong?

LOL, if they do, it's like the Democrats having "control" over both houses in Mississippi. It's chock full of people who aren't really Democrats and often vote with the Republicans even on basic procedural moves. Hell, the Republicans have enough Dems voting with them that they can appoint Republicans to most of the leadership positions.

I am sure we will be hearing from Cypress anytime with all of the jokes about Dems and their prostitution problems....

anytime now.....

No, it's not wrong.

Water sometimes gets a little excited. Given my previously mentioned affection for nerds (apparently now known as "emos"), I just ignore him when he gets like that and wait for him to settle down. He can be quite smart.

speeding doesn't require any intent, well for most of us. Being involved in Prostitution DOES. You don't just accidentally wake up balls deep in a woman you payed to be balls deep in. You had to work at getting there. Hell lots of us speed by accident and it is still a crime. That is the difference. I hope he gets to spend some time in club fed. Next to all those wall street people he prosecuted and convicted.

*don't care

People shouldn't go to jail for this, Eliot Spitzer included.

No, it's not wrong.

Water sometimes gets a little excited. Given my previously mentioned affection for nerds (apparently now known as "emos"), I just ignore him when he gets like that and wait for him to settle down. He can be quite smart.

Yep I'm just trying to act manly by pronouncing my affection for prostitutes.

oh well.. the only political family immune to sex scandles is the Clinton's. everyone else pays.
Clinton didn't violate any laws getting laid. He just has no self control. Spitzer broke the law getting laid. Although I wonder if he is MORE involved than JUST soliciting? Usually you don't get a federal indictment or a felony state indictment for just paying for ass.

Clinton didn't violate any laws getting laid. He just has no self control. Spitzer broke the law getting laid. Although I wonder if he is MORE involved than JUST soliciting? Usually you don't get a federal indictment or a felony state indictment for just paying for ass.

lying under oath? wonder if roger Clemons will get the Clinton free pass.

Maybe Spitzer was a pimp?

this shit is too funny, I just spit coffee all over my monitor. Spitzer just prosecuted someone for the same thing. He is a total douchebag. I have some engineers in a meeting right by our coffee bar tv. I'm there as soon as they break up. This is going to be some funny shit.

oh well.. the only political family immune to sex scandles is the Clinton's. everyone else pays.

clinton had a consensual affair. That's nobody's business except his wife's.

Prostitution is illegal, that makes it a matter of public record. And prostitution, can be, in some ways, a very insidious and counterproductive issue in societies. Read some articles about sexual slavery and the trafficking of women. Obviously, high priced call girls don't fit that demographic, but a Governor engaging in it is not only illegal, it sends all the wrong signals.

clinton had a consensual affair. That's nobody's business except his wife's.

Prostitution is illegal, that makes it a matter of public record. And prostitution, can be, in some ways, a very insidious and counterproductive issue in societies. Read some articles about sexual slavery and the trafficking of women. Obviously, high priced call girls don't fit that demographic, but a Governor engaging in it is not only illegal, it sends all the wrong signals.

Yeah Spitzer what did was in no way consensual.

Listen, there would be no sex slavery if prostitution were legal and regulated. If you want to look at who's responsible for the atrocities in the prostitution world, look no further than the moralists, Democrat or Republican.

Back