Bush is not as bad you think

and who submitted the use of force resolution? the fucking TOOTH fairy?????

The fact remains...if the President had not wanted to invade Iraq, we would not have invaded Iraq. period.

and Powell HIMSELF has said that he regrets ever giving that trumped up bullshit speech to the UNSC.

bush couldn't have done it without the approval and the funding :pke:

How pathetic. I guess you guys have missed Bush's "legacy" tour; he has said about a dozen times that he made the "tough decisions" when it came to Iraq.

This is so sad. If you want to get technical, a MINORITY of Dems voted for the authorization, which, btw, was to use force if NECESSARY. If you look at comments from most who voted for it - on both sides of the aisle, including GOP leaders like Dick Armey - the thought was that if it had to come to it, force might include airstrikes or limited use of missiles.

But no; of course, because it's such a failure, now it was Bush & the Dems who created this whole situation.

IDIOTS

How pathetic. I guess you guys have missed Bush's "legacy" tour; he has said about a dozen times that he made the "tough decisions" when it came to Iraq.

This is so sad. If you want to get technical, a MINORITY of Dems voted for the authorization, which, btw, was to use force if NECESSARY. If you look at comments from most who voted for it - on both sides of the aisle, including GOP leaders like Dick Armey - the thought was that if it had to come to it, force might include airstrikes or limited use of missiles.

But no; of course, because it's such a failure, now it was Bush & the Dems who created this whole situation.

IDIOTS

success has many parents and failure is an orphan.

republicans only try to blame the Iraq debacle on the minority of congressional democrats who voted for the use of force because it was such a miserable failure. If Iraqis had greeted our troops as liberators as Team Bush promised, if Iraqi oil revenues had paid for the war as Team Bush promised, if it had taken weeks and not years and had negligible American casualties as Team Bush had promised, the republicans would be harping on the fact that a MAJORITY of democrats had voted against it.

thank you for admitting that bush alone is not solely responsible for iraq. it took the dems funding and approval for him to start and continue. he definitely made mistakes, no doubt, however, you cannot lay the entire blame at his feet. espeically if one considers the rabid left basically selling our troops out and giving hope to our enemies that we are losing iraq every day...but that is another topic

now, what else can you think of besides iraq?

"if it had taken weeks and not years and had negligible American casualties as Team Bush had promised, the republicans would be harping on the fact that a MAJORITY of democrats had voted against it. "

Oh, it would have been beyond reason. Why, the Dems would have fought him every step of the way, tooth & nail, and only through sheer will & leadership was George Bush able to deliver victory!

Even on this thread, Yurt rails about how partisanship hurt Bush's Presidency, then credits the good ol' Dems for sharing responsibility for invading & occupying Iraq.

IDIOTS

maybe you should go and tell that Iraq is a failure to all those people who held up those purple fingers who got to vote in a free election since Saddam Hussein is gone..And don't forget to tell every military man and woman you see, you think they were a failure also..

Or just stew in your Bush hatred...

"if it had taken weeks and not years and had negligible American casualties as Team Bush had promised, the republicans would be harping on the fact that a MAJORITY of democrats had voted against it. "

Oh, it would have been beyond reason. Why, the Dems would have fought him every step of the way, tooth & nail, and only through sheer will & leadership was George Bush able to deliver victory!

Even on this thread, Yurt rails about how partisanship hurt Bush's Presidency, then credits the good ol' Dems for sharing responsibility for invading & occupying Iraq.

both are true...you think it is black and white, you can't have both...are you really that naive?

precisely. to put the war in Iraq on anyone's shoulders OTHER than the commander in chief who ordered our troops into battle in a war of CHOICE is ridiculous.

both are true...you think it is black and white, you can't have both...are you really that naive?

Please. You want Dems to be complicit when it's convenient, but bitterly partisan when Bush's legacy of being "not so bad" is in danger.

Like I said, it doesn't matter. History's with me; Bush will be a top 5 of the worst. Enjoy your futile attempts to rewrite the textbooks.

maybe you should go and tell that Iraq is a failure to all those people who held up those purple fingers who got to vote in a free election since Saddam Hussein is gone..And don't forget to tell every military man and woman you see, you think they were a failure also..

Or just stew in your Bush hatred...

as a retired military officer, I find your post offensive. The US military goes wherever the fuck the CinC tells it to go and does whatever the fuck the CinC tells it to do until he orders them to stop and come home. The American military is ALWAYS a winner. The CinC who sent them into stupid wars is to blame for Iraq... and the war in Iraq and the removal of Saddam was NOTHING we should have EVER spilled even ONE DROP of American blood to achieve.

precisely. to put the war in Iraq on anyone's shoulders OTHER than the commander in chief who ordered our troops into battle in a war of CHOICE is ridiculous.

the Democrats could of cut off funding anytime, and you know it..
so both Bush and the Democrats are responsible for Iraq...but keep trying.

like I said again and again and you cannot refute...if Bush had not wanted to start a war against Iraq, we would not be there.

He was the decider. period.

I know very few who were as anti-war as me, but I never supported cutting off funding. That is something that would hurt the soldiers doing the fighting, and is not an option.

We don't have to try anything. This is & will always be Bush's war; good luck convincing others that it ain't...

Hey, the libs rule today, notice how they ganged on answer and rebuttal? Never mind though, some how in spite of wishes and prayers, the tide will turn.

In all seriousness, I felt sorry for BO today. He's already accepted the cloak, but no magic powers are included.

I know very few who were as anti-war as me, but I never supported cutting off funding. That is something that would hurt the soldiers doing the fighting, and is not an option.

We don't have to try anything. This is & will always be Bush's war; good luck convincing others that it ain't...

I'm damn sure not pro-war, but even the Clinton administration wanted to go in and take out Hussein and the men who were helping him. Because they knew he was deranged idiot, who used WMD's on his own people..and would not of hesitated to give them to other crazy people...Clinton just would not go all the way, but if you remember, he bombed Hussein also..The Iraqi people were a good choice to set free, they are a peace loving people(except for the few that are still wanting to hold on)...yes war was the only way to do it, but I believe in the long run, it will be worth it..

I'm damn sure not pro-war, but even the Clinton administration wanted to go in and take out Hussein and the men who were helping him. Because they knew he was deranged idiot, who used WMD's on his own people..and would not of hesitated to give them to other crazy people...Clinton just would not go all the way, but if you remember, he bombed Hussein also..The Iraqi people were a good choice to set free, they are a peace loving people(except for the few that are still wanting to hold on)...yes war was the only way to do it, but I believe in the long run, it will be worth it..

we will agree to disagree. Saddam did three things MUCH better than we could ever do and we would give ANYTHING to be able to do them now:

1. control Iranian regional hegemony
2. keep sunnis and shiites from killing one another in Iraq
3. keep Al Qaeda from operating inside Iraq

Clinton was all in favor of assisting Iraqis in overthrowing their own dictator...NOT in favor of spilling American blood to make it happen.

Back