Buying a sports car

I can remember when I was living in Arkansas a co-worker offered to sell me his pick up and I said "Why would I want a pick up?" and you could have sworn by every ones reaction that I has just blasphemed against the Virgin Mary or something.

511WisOX7QL._SY300_.jpg

2861134-Sheep-Car-0.jpg
[/img]​

Baaaaaahahahahaha

Only a no good rotten commie would buy a Dodge or Chevy pick up. Sorry.....no offense...but I'd rather cut my left testicle off and feed it to Grind than own a pick up truck. Not my idea of fun driving....and I've driven plenty of pickups and they handle like...well....pick ups. I'd prefer a car with a turning radius of less than half a mile. My idea of fun driving is attacking the Tail of the Dragon....not ditch hopping the Pecos.

Besides....I'm not exactly the red neck type. It wouldn't fit my image. :)

I drive a ford f350 super duty crew cab that was my dads at one time and then became my 16th birthday present and I love it. It's kindof funny sometimes when I'm getting in or out of my truck in a parking lot and people are surprised to see a small girl get out of it.

I drive a ford f350 super duty crew cab that was my dads at one time and then became my 16th birthday present and I love it. It's kindof funny sometimes when I'm getting in or out of my truck in a parking lot and people are surprised to see a small girl get out of it.
There nice vehicles, don't get me wrong.....but they're work vehicles. Not what I consider fun to drive. Not for any length of time that is.

Well of the ones listed here the ones that appeal to me, in order.

#1. WRX STI
#2. Lancer Evo
#3. BMW 228i
#4. 370Z
#5. Focus ST
#6. Genisis Coupe 3.8

In terms of bang for the buck and considering Hyundai's 100,000 mile warranty the Genesis Coupe 3.8 is probably the best value.

You will have to post a picture when you make your decision! This is good news and you needed some! hugs

Well of the ones listed here the ones that appeal to me, in order.

#1. WRX STI
#2. Lancer Evo
#3. BMW 228i
#4. 370Z
#5. Focus ST
#6. Genisis Coupe 3.8

In terms of bang for the buck and considering Hyundai's 100,000 mile warranty the Genesis Coupe 3.8 is probably the best value.

Avoid the BMW unless you really like paying out the ass for electrical problems. The 350z or the focus would be your best bets.

Only a no good rotten commie would buy a Dodge or Chevy pick up. Sorry.....no offense...but I'd rather cut my left testicle off and feed it to Grind than own a pick up truck. Not my idea of fun driving....and I've driven plenty of pickups and they handle like...well....pick ups. I'd prefer a car with a turning radius of less than half a mile. My idea of fun driving is attacking the Tail of the Dragon....not ditch hopping the Pecos.

Besides....I'm not exactly the red neck type. It wouldn't fit my image. :)

I'm not worthy, but spit coffee all over my iPad
Turning radius of less than half mile

Avoid the BMW unless you really like paying out the ass for electrical problems. The 350z or the focus would be your best bets.
Actually the car I'm leaning towards most is the Subaru WRX. It's easier to live with than the STI version and it's a great all weather car and they are rock solid dependable. Subaru's are famous for their build quality.

If I was really into racing, believe it or not, I'd probably buy a Mazda Miata MX5. I have a friend who's into SCCA Miata Spec racing and it looks like a lot of fun and very affordable for working class stiffs.

The 370/350Z is a car to be respected greatly. They are famous for killing drivers who don't learn how to master a high power RWD car. You can get in over your head real easy with a 370/350Z.

Actually the car I'm leaning towards most is the Subaru WRX. It's easier to live with than the STI version and it's a great all weather car and they are rock solid dependable. Subaru's are famous for their build quality.

If I was really into racing, believe it or not, I'd probably buy a Mazda Miata MX5. I have a friend who's into SCCA Miata Spec racing and it looks like a lot of fun and very affordable for working class stiffs.

Yeah if you like doing mods/playing around the Miata is hard to beat. But the most important quality is the driver. Especially if you're doing something other than straight aways. I'm not a big fan of Subaru because they're ugly and small. But they are reliable.

The 370/350Z is a car to be respected greatly. They are famous for killing drivers who don't learn how to master a high power RWD car. You can get in over your head real easy with a 370/350Z.

Yeah, happened about once a month on base when I was still in the Marines. Same with sport bikes.

No....no I wouldn't Jarod. I'm a professional do gooder working in the Environmental dodge. Doing good deeds is a why of life. I don't need to salve my conscience. I probably do more to save children from cancer as a Hazmat Manager than all the oncologist in the country do and that's no exaggeration.

Besides, the only Honda that enters the equation is the Civic Si coupe and it gets blown out of the water by the Ford Focus ST, The Subaru BRZ, The Volkswagon GTI, The Subaru WRX and the Mazdaspeed 3 and the Mazda MX 5 Miata among others. All at a comparable price to the Civic Si. Honda is not in even a consideration. The current Mazda 3 S hatchback I bought for my wife earlier this year is comparable to a Civic Si. The Civic Si has about 20 more HP but the Mazda 3 S has better handling and is way more practical since it's a hatchback and not a coupe.
I've had 3 VW CCs. You can get one at under 35k when you demand one at invoice. I love mine, and the 6 speed is a blast. Nicely equipped from the factory, and I get just under 30 mph when I drive normally....35 when I drive like an 80 year old. 4 cyl turbo drives like a race car. The R series package dresses it up rather nicely

Why buy a used car, when you can get a brand new car that handles great, and has everyone telling you that it looks like a Mercedes?

Back