Can Artificial Intelligence have free will?

I don't know. I don't think we know whether or not consciousness is the product of brain activity/structure or if the physical structure of the brain allows us to access consciousness.

It is a matter of how you define consciousness. I think it describes too many different phenomena to make it one thing.

Interesting that you believe you have no control over your actions That would really suck
Great point. It is so much happier to delude oneself into believing one has free will than to face the fact that one does not. Who is going to join a religion that forces one to acknowledge a real downer?

Great point. It is so much happier to delude oneself into believing one has free will than to face the fact that one does not. Who is going to join a religion that forces one to acknowledge a real downer?

People who are delusional often fascinate me, Sybil. Please explain your proof that human beings lack free will.

I can't pretend to have even a modicum of knowledge about artificial intelligence.

Intuitively, however, I doubt that believing in free will is in any way a product of actually having it.

We have no scientific proof that free will exists in any domain, organic or electronic.

200w.webp
200w.webp
200w.webp

who made you post that.......your computer programmer?.....
It's a simple question: Are you claiming that people have free will?

I can't pretend to have even a modicum of knowledge about artificial intelligence.

Intuitively, however, I doubt that believing in free will is in any way a product of actually having it.

We have no scientific proof that free will exists in any domain, organic or electronic.

We have no scientific proof that science can test for free will.
So it is meaningless to say what science believes.

200w.webp
200w.webp
200w.webp

yes, (he responded freely).....and in addition, I wilfully call you a fucking idiot for doubting it.......
I didn't say that I doubted your conjecture. I simply asked a question. If you aren't educated enough to recognize a question, that isn't my fault. If you are stupid enough to render vicious judgements against those who simply ask questions for having asked questions, that isn't my fault either.

So let's try another simple, easy-peazy question, and see if you can simply answer it without going apoplectic for some reason: Is your claim that people have free will based on your religious beliefs or on your understanding of neurophysiology?

7dbe01828cebdebc43b9ef90e1671172.jpg

I don't know. I don't think we know whether or not consciousness is the product of brain activity/structure or if the physical structure of the brain allows us to access consciousness.
Physics says that the illusion of "consciousness" and "free will" stems from neurochemical synapses, not the other way around, i.e. that no independent, free-floating consciousness, free of any physical basis, is nonetheless driving physical neurochemical synapses.

Are you denying physics?

Back