Can Artificial Intelligence have free will?

I can't pretend to have even a modicum of knowledge about artificial intelligence.

Intuitively, however, I doubt that believing in free will is in any way a product of actually having it.

We have no scientific proof that free will exists in any domain, organic or electronic.

Sure you can, in fact you can do more than pretend. AI as it's been sold to us is nothing more than a computer program...that's all it is and you don't have to be technically gifted to understand that. Your opinion does mean something on this topic especially considering "AI" will effect you.

Is your claim that people have free will based on your religious beliefs or on your understanding of neurophysiology?

neither.....it is based on empirical evidence.......I see people exercizing it every single day and so do you......in fact I exercized it when I answered you......you exercized in when you asked your question......in fact, I even exercized it several times when I typed these (......) because I know it ticks some of the posters here to a fit of rage.......

Then it's not really two is it?
It's math humor. You really aren't supposed to analyze a punchline. Here's another one for you:

attachment.php

neither.....it is based on empirical evidence.......I see people exercizing it every single day
All you have said is that you totally buy into the illusion of free will. Your position is that the sheer quantity of people projecting/promulgating the illusion of free will somehow transforms the illusion into objective reality.

Unfortunately, we can see by looking at, say, optical illusions or by watching a magician create an illusion, that illusions remain illusions regardless of the number of individuals who are completely fooled.

So your belief of the illusion of free will actually being objective reality is based on your religious beliefs you say? Does your perception stem from a complete discard of neurophysiology, or from a lack of neurophysiology understanding?

Back