Can Artificial Intelligence have free will?

If there is no such thing as free will then the concept of responsibility (especially legally) gets complicated.

That's exactly the point. Notice all those who claim there is no Free Will are also seeking to dodge responsibility for their actions. Mode is one and now Sybil.

200w.webp
200w.webp
200w.webp

I just watched a documentary on AI in the use of military drones where they are getting to the point where they can simply let them go and the machine will choose targets and decide if they should eliminate them without human permission. This begs the question, is it free will or programming?
Free will.
Are you claiming that the drone's actions are somehow not decided exclusively by the programming? You are as brilliant as Terry.
I said nothing about a drone.
@BidenPresident: The problem is definitely on your end.

5cfa3853fecbd7d05c9f903c3fd06808.jpg

I expect AI to be a major tool of the subjugation of the people, a good 85-90% will be straight up serfs, it will do the bidding of power.

I made no affirmative claim. I asked a question. I'm waiting for an answer.

Do you claim people have free will?

https://media4.giphy.com/media/3i0jIy4MNdkruCm3rw/giphy.gif [/CENTER][/QUOTE]

You run from questions, Sybil. It's one of the reasons I know you are a liar. OTOH, I forgive you because you are mentally ill.

Sane people have Free Will. I understand why you and Mode do not. :)​

You run from questions, Sybil.
No Terry, I do not. I answered his question. He asked me if I made a particular claim. I answered that I made no affirmative claim.

It's one of the reasons I know you are totally brain dead. You have all the English reading comprehension of someone in a persistent vegetative state, Terry.

OTOH, I forgive you because you are mentally ill.
It's one of the reasons I know you live a life of self-delusion, Terry, due to your bitterness and self-loathing. You have no choice but to convince yourself that you are a psychiatric professional. Unfortunately, you can't even read a post, and you are too stupid to even distinguish between different people. It's why you need Spanky to give you regular sponge baths.

terry-spanky.gif

Sane people have Free Will. I understand why you and Mode do not. :)
Do you believe this because:
1. your religion mandates you believe it?
2. political thought-masters require you to believe it?
3. because of your layman understanding of neurophysiology?
4. because you are a psychiatrist?
5. because it helps distract your attention away from the lingering aftertaste of Spanky in your mouth?
?

AI will be the future of weapons.

Smart bullets will rule the battlefield, they are already perfecting these.

Drones will be flying over head picking their own targets.

Ground based robotic ground troops will replace humans.

It is happening as we speak.

The time to wounder about such things, worry about such things, was a couple of decades ago.

It's too late now...we are doing this.

Back