Can Artificial Intelligence have free will?

So now you're an expert on compute power? LOL.

Take a BASIC class in community college now you're an expert, like in psychology?

It's primarily a behavioral question, Perry. No computer can currently match a human brain, especially with all that Free Will going on. LOL

OTOH, I'm certain you'll claim to be a computer expert who'll refute my assertions before ridiculing the education of others you consider to be your inferiors.
Ooops! You already did! :)

200w.webp
200w.webp
200w.webp

No computer can currently match a human brain,
The capacities of the human brain are easily exceeded by basic hardware.

especially with all that Free Will going on. LOL
Terry, why are you EVADING the basic, simple, straightforward question of why you believe what you do?

Do you believe humans have free will because:
1. your religion mandates you believe it?
2. political thought-masters require you to believe it?
3. because of your understanding of neurophysiology?
4. because you believe you are a psychiatric professional?
5. because it helps distract your attention away from the lingering aftertaste of Spanky in your mouth?
?

OTOH, I'm certain you'll claim to be a computer expert who'll refute my assertions
I'll do that. No problem. Let's start with your implication that you show indications of intelligence.

e82953051799c0e635e26742d54e25d3.jpg

It's primarily a behavioral question, Perry. No computer can currently match a human brain, especially with all that Free Will going on. LOL e[]

You can absolutely 100% NOT say that. Given that no one even knows if we have free will or not. So are you of the impression that just bullshitting will get you through?

OTOH, I'm certain you'll claim to be a computer expert

Far from it. As usual your "predictions" are wrong.

who'll refute my assertions before ridiculing the education of others you consider to be your inferiors.
Ooops! You already did! :)

I did. I noted how you couldn't say anything quantitative about "fee will" and as such it would be mathematically impossible to say a computer cannot achieve the necessary power.

QED.

Is it depressing to you when you are shown up YET AGAIN?

I did say it, Perry. All normal people have the ability make choices for themselves using reason and desires.

I love how you ignore those things that disagree with your opinions.

You know someone who made it to >60 years of age usually learns that the world doesn't always comport with what they wish. Too bad you made it to this age without learning that.

I love how you ignore those things that disagree with your opinions.

You know someone who made it to >60 years of age usually learns that the world doesn't always comport with what they wish. Too bad you made it to this age without learning that.

What am I ignoring, Perry? Your inability to use Free Will? The fact most people do have Free Will while a few unfortunates, either because they are extremely stupid or, mostly, due to irrational minds, cannot. You cannot, Perry. I get it.

In my case I've forgotten more than I've retained. I completely agree we are all living in harmony with the Universe and part of it's cycle. Still, I try to keep learning even if I forget it. LOL

Your conclusions are irrational, Perry, and it's piquing my curiosity on several fronts.

What am I ignoring, Perry?

The fact that since no one can definitively prove the existence of "free will" and there's even evidence of our minds taking action and THEN producing a justification (thereby flipping the concept of free will).

The fact most people do have Free Will while a few unfortunates, either because they are extremely stupid or, mostly, due to irrational minds, cannot. You cannot, Perry. I get it.

^^^^That's the stuff. When someone raises details that don't comport with your view you attack them personally.

In my case I've forgotten more than I've retained.

That's sad because you don't seem all the sharp to begin with.

I completely agree we are all living in harmony with the Universe and part of it's cycle. Still, I try to keep learning even if I forget it. LOL

No you don't. You insult. That's 99% of what you do. That leaves almost no time or ability to "Learn".

Your conclusions are irrational, Perry, and it's piquing my curiosity on several fronts.

Except I actually provided support for my positions on this topic. I pointed to the research which indicates the limited amount of thought you have that is conscious thought and I've even noted the research highlighted in NOVA about intention and "free will".

All you ever have to offer is insults.

Perry diarrhea
Nice rant. I saved it below so you can't change it later. LOL
The fact that since no one can definitively prove the existence of "free will" and there's even evidence of our minds taking action and THEN producing a justification (thereby flipping the concept of free will).

^^^^That's the stuff. When someone raises details that don't comport with your view you attack them personally.

That's sad because you don't seem all the sharp to begin with.

No you don't. You insult. That's 99% of what you do. That leaves almost no time or ability to "Learn".

Except I actually provided support for my positions on this topic. I pointed to the research which indicates the limited amount of thought you have that is conscious thought and I've even noted the research highlighted in NOVA about intention and "free will".

All you ever have to offer is insults.

Nice rant. I saved it below so you can't change it later. LOL

Why would I want to change it? Seriously. EVERYONE on here knows it (with the exception of Cypress who thinks the sun shines out of your anus simply because you don't disagree with him).

I legit tried to have a serious discussion on this topic and you jumped in to make sure it turned into another one of your hate-fests. This is something you love. I'm personally getting a bit tired of it. It's not psychologically healthy to be so hatefilled.

You should get some help.

Why would I want to change it? Seriously. EVERYONE on here knows it (with the exception of Cypress who thinks the sun shines out of your anus simply because you don't disagree with him).

I legit tried to have a serious discussion on this topic and you jumped in to make sure it turned into another one of your hate-fests. This is something you love. I'm personally getting a bit tired of it. It's not psychologically healthy to be so hatefilled.

You should get some help.
I don't know but you'd done it before. IDK why.

Bullshit, Perry.

What do I need help with, specifically, Perry?

I don't know but you'd done it before. IDK why.

So you just lie for fun? SHOW ME WHEN I'VE CHANGED THE FUNDAMENTAL MEANING OF ANY POST I"VE PUT UP. Or apologize.

What do I need help with, specifically, Perry?

1) Lack of self awareness and insight
2) Vicious streak a mile wide (you seem to thrive in hate)
3) Learning (you seem to be only vaguely familiar with most topics especially those you claim a degree in)

Is that enough?

So you just lie for fun? SHOW ME WHEN I'VE CHANGED THE FUNDAMENTAL MEANING OF ANY POST I"VE PUT UP. Or apologize.

3) Learning (you seem to be only vaguely familiar with most topics especially those you claim a degree in)

Is that enough?

You claim I lie then can't post a single quote of me lying. Why is that, Perry?

Thanks for the list.
1. Disagreed.
2. Yes, I can be mean, but only if it serves a good purpose...like identifying mentally ill liars, psychos and sock puppeteers.
3. I can always learn more.

Only if you care to list them, Perry.

Is that enough?

All you do is write personal attacks. Why are you on this thread let alone on this forum?

All you do is write personal attacks. Why are you on this thread let alone on this forum?

Fuck off. Take it up with Doc Douche.

I will remind you fuckwits that I actually came on this thread with a serious point. You have a problem with this post take it up with Doc and Cypress who opted to simply attack me.

Oh yeah and fuck you.

You claim I lie then can't post a single quote of me lying. Why is that, Perry?

I just did.

Thanks for the list.
1. Disagreed.

Don't care what YOU think.

2. Yes, I can be mean, but only if it serves a good purpose...like identifying mentally ill liars, psychos and sock puppeteers.

There's another lie. I came on this thread with a valid point which I seriously put up. YOU ATTACKED ME PERSONALLY. Ergo you lie.

3. I can always learn more.

No you can't. YOU are incapable of learning. You yourself said you were suffering mental and intellectual issues due to your age and bad life choices.

Fuck off. Take it up with Doc Douche.

I will remind you fuckwits that I actually came on this thread with a serious point. You have a problem with this post take it up with Doc and Cypress who opted to simply attack me.

Oh yeah and fuck you.
Nice response. Very interesting, Perry.

Back