Can Everyone Take A Minute?

I'm not interested in what you 'want' me to say. Not everyone should have the right to bear arms. End of story.

That's already the case bijou

1) children can't bare arms
2) felons can't bare arms
3) the mentally ill can't bare arms

So we don't allow criminals, the young, or the mentally unstable to have guns. That leaves regular citizens.

What parts of the 2nd amendment do you wish to evaluate? the whole thing? what parts do you take issue with? You are so mad and upset over it, I would think you would have had time to zero in on what it is exactly you want to "re-evaluate"

Though I can't imagine your "re-evaluation" doesn't involve banning at least some types of guns, for plenty of more people. You support banning guns, in least some instances... certainly more than they are already. Own it.

So we don't allow criminals, the young, or the mentally unstable to have guns. That leaves regular citizens.

What parts of the 2nd amendment do you wish to evaluate? the whole thing? what parts do you take issue with? You are so mad and upset over it, I would think you would have had time to zero in on what it is exactly you want to "re-evaluate"

Though I can't imagine your "re-evaluation" doesn't involve banning at least some types of guns, for plenty of more people. You support banning guns, in least some instances... certainly more than they are already. Own it.

Did you not hear me the first time? I won't have this discussion with knee-jerk non-thinking gun nuts. I don't give a shit how you "imagine" mine or anyone else's reevaluation.

I'm interested in hearing too from the perspective that I'm not a gun guy. I don't own a gun, I don't shoot guns, I don't read about guns and it's not something I talk about with friends. I would love to hear what people believe should be proposed.

Ok, I'm all for that. But has there ever been a time in man's history when violence has not been a part of it? Do we not allow Hollywood to show violence on TV or in movies? Do we not allow video games which have violence? Did we not allow music that has violent themes? How far do we go to get rid of the violence in our culture?

Actually, we are becoming slightly less violent.

I'm interested in hearing too from the perspective that I'm not a gun guy. I don't own a gun, I don't shoot guns, I don't read about guns and it's not something I talk about with friends. I would love to hear what people believe should be proposed.

The problem is ten-fold - the number of people on prescription psych medication and the negative side effects of said medication is just the tip of the iceberg. Couple that and all its myriad possibilities for disaster with the glorification of violence in this country and the effective brainwashing of our citizenry regarding 'protecting themselves' from phantoms waiting to attack them, from terrorists to gang members and on it goes. That's just one example.

Anyone who thinks that the current 'restrictions' against gun ownership for mentally-disturbed people are being adequately enforced is either brainwashed, stupid or both. Yet, we are quite efficient and effective at denying people the right to multiple things/opportunities by tracking and documenting credit histories.

The problem is ten-fold - the number of people on prescription psych medication and the negative side effects of said medication is just the tip of the iceberg. Couple that and all its myriad possibilities for disaster with the glorification of violence in this country and the effective brainwashing of our citizenry regarding 'protecting themselves' from phantoms waiting to attack them, from terrorists to gang members and on it goes. That's just one example.

Anyone who thinks that the current 'restrictions' against gun ownership for mentally-disturbed people are being adequately enforced is either brainwashed, stupid or both. Yet, we are quite efficient and effective at denying people the right to multiple things/opportunities by tracking and documenting credit histories.
Now this is a dumb post.........

Can too:

bare_arms_png_tee_shirts-r1a2e35fd5c0642be9f6de587489175c2_f0c6y_216.jpg

prison-monsters.jpg

juliana__beasley_20061031_3_paddy_s_mother_s_wig.jpg

As you can see, all of them have bare arms.

From a public policy perspective what is the take away from your first paragraph? No one on any medication should be allowed to own a gun? Like I said I don't own a gun nor have any desire to purchase one. I'm 40 years old and never been in a fight. I'm not into violence. I do take medication though. Should that disqualify me from being able to own a gun? (i know this is a big picture discussion and didn't mean to make it personal but just wanted to offer myself up as an example.)

I'm not a particularly big fan of those who have mental issues owning guns. I do not know what the current laws are regarding that.

Did you not hear me the first time? I won't have this discussion with knee-jerk non-thinking gun nuts. I don't give a shit how you "imagine" mine or anyone else's reevaluation.

you wont have a discussion because you would be incapable of doing so. that much is obvious. You specifically said you don't want "EVERYONE" to have guns, and I rightly, correctly, accurately, astutely pointed out to you that such an assertion is already a falsehood. Like shooting fish in a barrel :)

From a public policy perspective what is the take away from your first paragraph? No one on any medication should be allowed to own a gun? Like I said I don't own a gun nor have any desire to purchase one. I'm 40 years old and never been in a fight. I'm not into violence. I do take medication though. Should that disqualify me from being able to own a gun? (i know this is a big picture discussion and didn't mean to make it personal but just wanted to offer myself up as an example.)

I'm not a particularly big fan of those who have mental issues owning guns. I do not know what the current laws are regarding that.

No, I don't think anyone taking psych medication should be able to possess a firearm. Our standards are way too lenient regarding allowing drugs to come to market while they're still working out the side effect 'bugs'. Additionally, we don't pay enough credence nor do we take seriously enough the ramifications of mental illness nor are we willing to appropriately address and protect its victims from themselves and others. Again - this is due to the wholesale purchase of our lawmakers by Big Pharma. Surprise, surprise.

Regarding this particular aspect of the problem, gun violence will persist in this country for as long as we allow our leadership to be whores for the gun lobby and pharmaceutical companies.

you wont have a discussion because you would be incapable of doing so. that much is obvious. You specifically said you don't want "EVERYONE" to have guns, and I rightly, correctly, accurately, astutely pointed out to you that such an assertion is already a falsehood. Like shooting fish in a barrel :)

Yippee for you. Have a cookie. :)

Grind you have to keep up the good gun fight so those of us blessed with A.D.D. can still be gun owners. Now I'm not going to get a gun but it's the principle of it. I don't want to be denied because I take medication for it. No pressure, BUT DON'T LET ME DOWN!

Back