Can Everyone Take A Minute?

The mental health restrictions are inadequate, and inadequately enforced. We are quite capable of tracking, monitoring and denying firearm purchase and possession far better than we're currently enforcing. One need only look at how effectively we deny services, goods, jobs and opportunities to people based on their credit history. It's a matter of priorities.

so we agree on something, see bijou? it's not that hard. I don't want mental patients or people with severe mental illness to have guns either. We should make sure that doesn't happen. Still wouldn't have prevented what happened friday though. I don't think that kid has been said to have had a severe mental illness yet

Not enough, obviously. And, yes, he stole the guns from his "responsible gun owner" mother.

There is no such thing as a responsible gun owner.

sure there are. the vast vast vast vast majority of americans own guns without killing innocent people.

so we agree on something, see bijou? it's not that hard. I don't want mental patients or people with severe mental illness to have guns either. We should make sure that doesn't happen. Still wouldn't have prevented what happened friday though. I don't think that kid has been said to have had a severe mental illness yet

Still wouldn't have stopped it though, since he stole the guns. The only thing that could have prevented it is better mental health.

Look at Grind as an example.

He doesn't even own a gun, and yet, he hasn't killed anyone, has he?

68% of americans have a favorable view of the nra.

I don't believe that, if true that would mean everybody over the age of say fifteen supports the NRA!! I am assuming that there was a age cutoff and they weren't asking seven year olds their opinion.

Last edited:
I don't believe that, if true that would mean everybody over the age of say fifteen supports the NRA!! I am assuming that there was a age cutoff and they weren't asking seven year olds their opinion.

It's like that for every poll taken. I believe the age is 18.

Wow...

223788 signers so far.

Take that Texas secessionists!

Howey, doesn't matter how many signatures you get. The second ammendment stands. The problem here is the mental health of the shooters, which is a healthcare issue.

dont let facts get in your way:

(Reuters) - Most Americans support the right to use deadly force to protect themselves - even in public places - and have a favorable view of the National Rifle Association, the main gun-lobby group, a Reuters/Ipsos poll showed.

The online survey showed that 68 percent, or two out of three respondents, had a favorable opinion of the NRA, which starts its annual convention in St. Louis, Missouri, on Friday.
Eighty-two percent of Republicans saw the gun lobbying group in a positive light as well as 55 percent of Democrats, findings that run counter to the perception of Democrats as anti-NRA.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/13/us-usa-guns-poll-idUSBRE83C0G420120413

who knows... but this is why american legislative process moves so slow. The founders saw how prole like the populace could be, their heartstrings tugged at any opportune moment. Thank god they built in the breaks to protect us from spur of the moment prole legislation enacted upon emotion and not reason. I am sure it will be lower than 68%, but it will rebound. It always does. Afterall, that 68% number was after columbine, after virginia tech, etc.

Back