Can there be a proof of God?

It is NOT trivial at all.

The way you ask it, indicates that you are asking for proof of a "God" that you have in mind. Sorta like asking if there can be proof of the God of the Bible.

Asking if there can be proof of any gods that might exist...is substantially different.

From my post #372:

*When I use the word "GOD or gods" here, I mean "The entity (or entities) responsible for the creation of what we humans call 'the physical universe'...IF SUCH AN ENTITY OR ENTITIES ACTUALLY EXIST.

When someone refers to "the president," we don't ask if it is the president of Honduras in 1942. Commonly used words have a meaning.

There is no proof or disproof of any God. It's that simple, so I don't know why people even try to debate it.

I agree completely with "There is no proof or disproof of any God."

That is not what I have been discussing.

I have been discussing the assertion suggested that even if there are gods...there is no way for their existence to be proved.

But that is illogical. If the GOD or gods were able to make the hundreds of billions of stars in our galaxy...and the hundreds of billions of other galaxies...and spread them over space so vast it takes billions of years for LIGHT to traverse it...

...it is at least possible those gods could prove to humans that they exist.

Saying that they cannot, if they exist, is illogical.

When someone refers to "the president," we don't ask if it is the president of Honduras in 1942. Commonly used words have a meaning.

What does that mean?

If you cannot see the difference between "Does God exist?" and "Do any gods exist?"...you are not equipped for this discussion.

Back