Can there be a proof of God?

I agree completely with "There is no proof or disproof of any God."

That is not what I have been discussing.

I have been discussing the assertion suggested that even if there are gods...there is no way for their existence to be proved.

But that is illogical. If the GOD or gods were able to make the hundreds of billions of stars in our galaxy...and the hundreds of billions of other galaxies...and spread them over space so vast it takes billions of years for LIGHT to traverse it...

...it is at least possible those gods could prove to humans that they exist.

Saying that they cannot, if they exist, is illogical.

There's absolute proof to a Holy Spirit filled believer.
A nonbeliever has no chance understanding how God chose to tell his story to mankind.

It's a true story,we could argue forever how long in Man's 24 hours days it takes to be one God day.

But you can't explain why there are two different versions of the creation story, in the original Hebrew..

Genesis 1 states creation occurred in this order: vegetation --> animals --> humans

But beginning in Genesis 2:4 the order of creation is reversed: humans --> vegetation --> animals.

The simplest explanation is that the Genesis creation story had two or more different human authors, whose stories were stitched together by a later compiler.

But you can't explain why there are two different versions of the creation story, in the original Hebrew..

Genesis 1 states creation occurred in this order: vegetation --> animals --> humans

But beginning in Genesis 2:4 the order of creation is reversed: humans --> vegetation --> animals.

The simplest explanation is that the Genesis creation story had two or more different human authors, whose stories were stitched together by a later compiler.

Source

You go out of your way to find fault with the Bible,you search for any and all sources to prove your assumptions!
Every source but one,you turn your back on asking God for explanations of your assumptions.
Pretty evil when it comes down to it.

You go out of your way to find fault with the Bible,you search for any and all sources to prove your assumptions!
Every source but one,you turn your back on asking God for explanations of your assumptions.
Pretty evil when it comes down to it.

The Holy Rollers and the Militant Atheists both object to me. That is revealing in itself.

I like going to church occasionally.

I actually think the Bible is one of the most important books humanity has ever produced.

I think that Christianity, on the whole, was a massive benefit to the arc of western civilization.

^^And I have the posts to prove that has been my posture all along.

The Vatican, for one

https://www.vatican.va/archive/bible/genesis/documents/bible_genesis_en.html

On the flipside, I actually think the Militant Atheists who revel and rejoice in mocking the Bible are attacking it from a position of weakness. Because almost 100 percent of their mockery is directed at just ten percent of the Bible - the Book of Genesis.

Almost never mentioned or mocked are the histories, wisdom literature, prophetic literature, or gospels. Because they tend to be chock full of perfectly reasonable and sound ethical lessons and moral truths.

The Holy Rollers and the Militant Atheists both object to me. That is revealing in itself.

I like going to church occasionally.

I actually think the Bible is one of the most important books humanity has ever produced.

I think that Christianity, on the whole, was a massive benefit to the arc of western civilization.

^^And I have the posts to prove that has been my posture all along.

Do you believe Jesus was the Son of God,the Messiah?

The Vatican, for one

https://www.vatican.va/archive/bible/genesis/documents/bible_genesis_en.html

On the flipside, I actually think the Militant Atheists who revel and rejoice in mocking the Bible are attacking it from a position of weakness. Because almost 100 percent of their mockery is directed at just ten percent of the Bible - the Book of Genesis.

Almost never mentioned or mocked are the histories, wisdom literature, prophetic literature, or gospels. Because they tend to be chock full of perfectly reasonable and sound ethical lessons and moral truths.

It's simple The Bible is either the word of God.
Or not.

Obviously, Genesis is largely mythological and legendary, and that is recognized by the majority of both irreligious and religious people, whether or not there is a nugget of historical or moral truth at the core.

But I always wondered why virtually one hundred percent of the mockery and derision of the bible is directed at only ten percent of it- the Book of Genesis.

a misunderstanding of genre.......

It's simple The Bible is either the word of God.
Or not.

I don't think I have ever mocked people who want to believe it is.

To me, there was obviously something which deeply inspired humans to record and maintain for thousands of years a written tradition like the Gospels, the Torah, the Analects, the Baghavad Gita.

Back