Chiefs kicker Harrison Butker bashes Pride Month, tells women to stay in the kitchen

The bottom line is that Butker's beliefs are not in the mainstream on Catholic theology.
False. You don't know what you are talking about.

The bottom line is that Butker's beliefs are "toe-the-line" mainstream Catholic theology, and everything you write on the subject is suspect.

He has a rigid, far-right outlook
Incorrect. You're a bonehead ... and a dishonest one at that.

Butker's stance is rather centrist.

In fact, he's speaking out against some issues that have already been codified in the Catechism of the Catholic Church... made into canon law in 1992 by John Paul II, who was far more conservative than Francis.
I'm marvelling at the list you provided [crickets].

Butker is trying to justify his ultra-conservative political and religious beliefs
Butker wasn't trying to justify anything. English proficiency is not your strong suit.

under the pretense that this is what Catholics are taught, but he's completely wrong.
What Butker stated is exactly what Catholics are taught.

There is very little in the NT about marriage spoken of by Jesus himself. Even Butker can't deny that.
Catholics are taught that during the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus said "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil" ... which means Catholics have to consider the Old Testament.

Hebrews 13:4
Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.
Exodus 21:10
If he take him another wife; her food, her raiment, and her duty of marriage, shall he not diminish.

This is the real truth:
I gotta hear this ...

Marriage is not for everyone, and not being married doesn't make you any less of a Christian. You can still be holy and growing in faith without a spouse.
You wandering. Butker never even touched upon any of this. Oh wait, your lack of English proficiency ... I get it. You don't know what you heard.

It is for this reason that marriage does not complete you.
You are talking about marriage generically. Butker spoke specifically about women becoming moms. Are you telling me that you don't understand the semantic difference?

You are complete and whole as an individual in Christ. When we skew marriage to fulfill longings in us that only God can fill, we will always end up empty.
You are officially way off target. You are wasting bandwidth.

Second, while God gave us distinctive roles based on Christ and the Church, husbands and wives should understand that marriage is built on mutual honor and respect.
Did Jesus say this? Was this in the ten commandments?

There may be roles specific genders are more inclined to accomplish or drawn to than others, but as Piper explains, "no subjection to another human is absolute."
1 Peter 3:1
Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands;

False. You don't know what you are talking about.

The bottom line is that Butker's beliefs are "toe-the-line" mainstream Catholic theology, and everything you write on the subject is suspect.

Incorrect. You're a bonehead ... and a dishonest one at that.

Butker's stance is rather centrist.

I'm marvelling at the list you provided [crickets].

Butker wasn't trying to justify anything. English proficiency is not your strong suit.

What Butker stated is exactly what Catholics are taught.

Catholics are taught that during the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus said "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil" ... which means Catholics have to consider the Old Testament.

I gotta hear this ...

You wandering. Butker never even touched upon any of this. Oh wait, your lack of English proficiency ... I get it. You don't know what you heard.

You are talking about marriage generically. Butker spoke specifically about women becoming moms. Are you telling me that you don't understand the semantic difference?

You are officially way off target. You are wasting bandwidth.

Did Jesus say this? Was this in the ten commandments?
^^^
Excellent example of Sybil’s OCD in addition to his schizophrenia.

Was that rant directed at moi? And is it worth taking IBDeMon off ignore to read it? :unsure:
Yes and no. Only those interested in studying the psychology of demented MAGAts, along with their fellow MAGAts, would be interested in reading his tripe. Best to just keep him on ignore. :thup:

For my part, I’m interested in looking for patterns in his behavior; what he likes, what he doesn’t like, what triggers him, what he rants about, what he ignores, how much he lies, etc.

How about the NFL, when they speak. Do you respect them?

The assistant NFL commissioner put out an immediate response after the speech- "The opinions of Mr. Butker do not agree with or are they in line with the opinions of the NFL".

Why do you think the NFL would make such an immediate public statement after the speech?

Because it was inappropriate and misogynistic in nature- THAT'S WHY!

I do not follow all of the Commencement Exercises of all the colleges out there. But I do watch the sports news on my local channel, and this was the sports news on the evening news. So, after hearing of the news, I turned over to CNN, and CNN played the entire video of the speech!

And even though some of the speech was great, it failed after it broke out into an Evangelical Sermon on Gays and Women-Staying-In-Their-Place.

FAIL!

Next!
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, as I've always said...
Good question, though...why did the "NFL" feel the need to make such a blanket statement? You may have noticed...Harrison was not in a KC uniform during the ceremony... (He's a pretty good player, though, isn't he? Even though I'm a Browns not KC fan...) If he offended you, simply don't watch KC and you won't have to see him score...that goes for anyone who he angered...
There was no mention of women staying in their place, btw...I'm not sure why you keep mentioning that...

Was that rant directed at moi? And is it worth taking IBDeMon off ignore to read it? :unsure:
Nah. I like the little message you get when someone quotes someone on your ignore list, don't you? No more of you-know-who deliberately quoting an insult aimed at you to make sure that you see it. Despite the claims that none of us are really ignoring anyone. :rofl2:

A good piece of analysis; thanks. Let me quote just a bit from it for our reading- and bigotry-impaired friends here.

In his commencement address, Butker said, “Congress just passed a bill where stating something as basic as the biblical teaching of who killed Jesus could land you in jail.” (For those of you not familiar with age-old antisemitic tropes, the “who” in this sentence is almost certainly the “Jews.”)

More specifically, Butker is referring to the Antisemitism Awareness Act, which was passed this month in the House, but not the Senate, and isn’t law. Contrary to Butker’s description, the bill does not include criminal sanctions and only applies to educational institutions that receive federal funding. In a nutshell, the bill provides guidance to the Department of Education in determining whether certain speech on college campuses is antisemitic.

But what is most bizarre and disturbing about Butker’s comment is the idea that he believes needs to be defended from Congress: namely, the right of Catholics to suggest that the Jews killed Jesus.

Now I'll go make sammiches while we wait for the usual gang of idiots to show up and deny that that's what he meant. lol

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, as I've always said...
Good question, though...why did the "NFL" feel the need to make such a blanket statement? You may have noticed...Harrison was not in a KC uniform during the ceremony... (He's a pretty good player, though, isn't he? Even though I'm a Browns not KC fan...) If he offended you, simply don't watch KC and you won't have to see him score...that goes for anyone who he angered...
There was no mention of women staying in their place, btw...I'm not sure why you keep mentioning that...

It's true that women belong in the kitchen?

I love being in the kitchen!!
Isn't it nice that you had the choice? Why don't you want others to have the same freedom? Why are you always so dismissive of others' concerns? On one hand you claim that "everyone has a right to their own opinion," yet on the other hand, you denigrate everyone whose opinion isn't the same as yours. In other words, you're just paying lip service, #PickMEEE girl.

And you don't need anyone to tell you. ;)
Subservient women, like beta monkeys, want all other women to be subservient too. Otherwise, they stand out as the weaklings that they are.

BTW did you see Guno's thread about the antisemitism in the football wonk's speech? He's managed to disparage entire groups of human beings.

Back